It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jets flying over indiana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So it started last wednesday here in Indiana. I was leaving my house and heard the distinct sound of a few fighter jets flying over, I thought nothing of it(Maybe they where headed to Wright-Paterson)

But when I got my destination I heard them again, LOUD. I looked up to try to catch a view and Woosh! I see two F-16's with Tanks and missiles as they fly over at about 760-1,000 feet near 500 knots I'd imagine.

NOW I was starting to find this a little odd. What are F-16's doing that low with battle ready armaments? Well for a week now I've been hearing them every once in awhile, But tonight I've heard them flyover about 20 times within an hour, beginning around 11:30.

So can anyone possibly help me out as to what They Air Force is doing over here in Indiana?

P.s. I'm sure I have a few grammar errors, excuse me.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Wes225]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Wes225]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Where are you. If your near Ft Wayne, it's the 122nd Black Snakes.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Air Force has to have training exercises like all the other services and civilian agencies.

I don't have any hard evidence, but Grissom Air Force Base is in Indiana.

In less paranoid times, we used to say when we saw or heard military jets, that those were the sights and sounds of freedom.

[edit on 2009/12/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
What is the Air Force doing over Indiana? Seriously? I`m not trying to come across mean, but a quick search shows something like 11 AF bases in the Indiana area alone. One is just an Inelligence unit, and several are Airlift/Refueling units, but with the number of Fighter Wings in the area you are bound to see them alot. As for the missiles, All training flights carry at least two training missiles at all times.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Can i suggest maybe you get a photo of them seems they are now so regular? a tail number will allow people to work out who and where they are from

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah i didn't know we even had an airbase in Indiana, or 11 bases near here, odd. Well i geuss that answers my questions.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Where in Indiana are you? I live about 5 min from Camp Attebury, The air force runs training flights into the camp all the time.

The Missiles are nothing unusual being they do live fire training and have a bomb range on the base. We see fighter jets up close and personal all the time.

Most of the time they come over our property at just a few hundred feet. close enough you can see the pilots.

And the bombing rattles our house like you wouldnt believe. Its not to bad until they are doing night time maneuvers then it can be disturbing.

new topics

top topics

join