It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for the Evolutionists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So I want to first say to everyone whose in college, CONGRATS, semester is over! Hope everyone did better then me
Business is getting really hard.

So I stumbled upon a T.E.D video, I was just watching anything they had!

When I found something by Elaine Morgan (fairly old).

Here it is.
Part 1

Part 2

Now some say that we became straight standing creatures from generations upon generations of mothers telling us to stand up straight (alright I stole that from fora.tv comedy section...
)

Now maybe it's just me, but this is really interesting, but for most of the.... well apparently all of the community of scientists seem to think this is laughable, but it almost makes sense, sure there's a few things that don't make entire sense yet, but nothing really does in general.

Any thoughts from other members on this Aquatic Ancestors proposal, or why the science community laughs at it, and disregards it?

Looking for good information.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.aquaticape.org...
A critical examination of the Aquatic Ape Theory

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I believe the popular theory is that humans became upright because the arms were used for grabbing or carrying food, possibly in combination with holding offspring. Then standing bipedally became a programmed behavior and allowed for better feeding and care of offspring.

If you consult the Wiki on Bipedalism, see the Postural Feeding Hypothesis and Provisioning Model sections. There are other sections with different theories.

I suggest reading "The Alphabet Versus The Goddess" for some cool discussion on the topic, also relating to human psychology.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'd say the aquatic ape theory has some merit, but it is much more likely that we weren't aquatic apes, we were apes that adapted the ability to swim.

The planet is mainly water, we eventually evovled to understand that there is food under the stuff we drink. And that you've got to hold your breathe to go down there.

Many people go swimming many times a year, countless times in their lifetime. You'd think that after generations of swimming, we would have the same adaptive traits to water mentioned in aquatic ape theory, but without having to physically evolve out of the water.

Edit:
these monkeys swim in their natural habitat for food.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by tooo many pills]

top topics

join