It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble's Deepest View of Universe Unveils Never-Before-Seen Galaxies12.08.09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The photo was taken with the new WFC3/IR camera on Hubble in late August 2009 during a total of four days of pointing for 173,000 seconds of total exposure time. Infrared light is invisible and therefore does not have colors that can be perceived by the human eye. The colors in the image are assigned comparatively short, medium, and long, near-IR wavelengths (blue, 1.05 microns; green, 1.25 microns; red, 1.6 microns). The representation is "natural" in that blue objects look blue and red objects look red. The faintest objects are about one billionth as bright as can be seen with the naked eye.

Source:

I thought this was a beautiful space picture.
Interesting what is out there. Some of it looks so fake, you gotta know it's real.
right? truth is stranger than fiction?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don't think the link is working properly

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
your link only takes me to a make a new thread page.

did you mean to link to news.bbc.co.uk... ?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
WOW! So first we had the "Deep Field" image, and now we have the "ULTRA Deep Field" image. These images, and the discoveries resulting from such, NEVER get old. I absolutely love this stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Go to the source [color=gold].: HubbleSite.org [color=gold]:.

I'd forgotten that their website was so well constructed. Nice.

... Photo's of a huge vacuum paid for by our tax dollars ... deeper than the imagination can imagine ... HAH makes me think of Pelosi.

[edit on 12·9·09 by DrMattMaddix]

new topics

top topics

join