It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's breaktime and the missles are flying...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Based on many of the intell sites I visit, the various news sources I listen to, and to so many people close and distant that have suddenly been called and recalled up to active duty and deployment... I feel that the mideast is about to heat up quickly, probably after Christmas.
I run a sales route and drive a large truck, on our Log Book we are instructed to report to the nearest Civil authorities in the event of Nuclear attack or major disaster. I've already told my supervisor that in the event that missles start flying in the Mid-east, I'm coming home and it don't matter where or when it is. I now keep a little bugout kit on my truck in case of roadblocks or EMPs.
Here is the scenario.. you get in your ride at breaktime to go for the happy meal and find out that Iran has been hit and retaliatory strikes have been launched and some major cities , including southern Europe, have been hit. Some of the bigger players, ie Russia, are on the move. What do you do?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well, if I am at a potential ground zero blast, I can't get away fast enough to avoid it. I'd pull up a lawn chair, make a pitcher of Rum and Diet Coke and wait for the end. If the US gets attacked I think it might be game over for lots of people.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well for me in that scenario, it would be time to enact that family emergency response plan. It doesn't make sense to go into every minute detail but basically all of my family, to include my in-laws are supposed to head for my parents ranch. Once we are all at the ranch we have our own power supply, water supply and a good store of food. The trick is having your family or whoever you want to include in your emergency plans all on the same page and know that if a certain "triggering" event occurs that they start their movements. This should be planned in advance and should not rely on cellular communications.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
Well, if I am at a potential ground zero blast, I can't get away fast enough to avoid it. I'd pull up a lawn chair, make a pitcher of Rum and Diet Coke and wait for the end. If the US gets attacked I think it might be game over for lots of people.

grab a six pack and a bag of doritos, go into the street, pop the nearest manhole cover , and go deep. you might just survive.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I admire the cavalier response, but seriously, if the conflict was regional, what would you do knowing that you would be here tommorow to learn that Iraq and our troops were gone? That Israel and Iran were radioactive wastelands, that China was rushing in by way of Afghanastan to fill the vaccum, that oil and inflation were jumping by the hour, that martial law was declared due to panic and sudden shortages, and Russia was moving south to get what was left before China did and Europe recovered. In my estimation, it would be hell just to see where it would spiral out of control...or would it?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What else do you do?

Get the hell out the area.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

I hear ya..
Id find the closest hooker, and shag her
call that girl I always liked, and tell her
call my parents and thank them..

then, id do a long line of something... what ever was available..

throw down a few dozen burbons!

And dance in the streets

'' I told yee the end was near Hehheheheheh ''

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well it all depends on where it happens. Honestly where I'm at I wouldn't have a chance to get anywhere. I'd be safe, but at the same time not so safe one of those double edged swords type of thing.

In the event of Martial Law I would probably ask the nearest troop what I could do to help out beyond going home and staying there. Make nice and all that good stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDemon

Agreed, my FP has been in place since Sept 1999.
Those of us who are survivors can restart and rebuild.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk

Dude, you're about to DIE and you want a DIET coke?? .. ill take the rum and coke, extra sugar please.... and maybe a twinkie just for kicks and giggles..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't have a plan. I don't own any land outside of the suburbs. I have about 3 months worth of food (not water), electricity permitting, 1.5 otherwise. I have a 2000 Ford F-150 which needs a tuneup something fierce.

I have no idea what I would do...

I also know... that I'm not alone.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Head for the hills and forests....atleast you know if it rains there'll be some water, there are animals there you can hunt for food....there's more than likely a cave, or a ledge or something you can build shelter against and being up high you have a head start to any potential enemies or friends coming up the mountain your way.......

it would allow you to carry less in the start to get the hell out of the major population areas quicker.....

mark my words, you do not want to be anywhere near any population areas when TSHTF.......more than likely it'll be every man for himself in the suburbs and cities, anarchy, more than likely road blocks to contain every one in the cities so the sooner you can get out the better.

then from then on, the basic survival kit you may have together should get you going for a while.

a remote property is good if you have access to it but if your in the sububrs and have a store of food and supplies to last weeks more than likely after a week of "anarchy" your former neighbourhood friends will be able to work out that you got something more than them....word would soon spread and you would find yourself in peril with a mob out the front of your house desperate for food and supplies.

in short.....Get The F#$K Out!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

If you see any indication that TSHTF then you have waited to long to bug out and basically you are toast.

My strategy is to watch when the rich, famous and important people are getting on planes to somewhere and have enough money for a one way ticket to somewhere else too. Perhaps Paraguay. GWB has bought a huge place there. Makes you wonder.

The rich and important people will have advance knowledge that "something wicked this way comes" the greatest survival tool a person can have is awareness.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don't think this is too likely a scenario. More likely is a corrodinated reduction of worldwide population with agreements between major superpowers to reduce their own populus via labatory created diseases..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

If you see any indication that TSHTF then you have waited to long to bug out and basically you are toast.

My strategy is to watch when the rich, famous and important people are getting on planes to somewhere and have enough money for a one way ticket to somewhere else too. Perhaps Paraguay. GWB has bought a huge place there. Makes you wonder.

The rich and important people will have advance knowledge that "something wicked this way comes" the greatest survival tool a person can have is awareness.

Well when it really gets that bad no amount of preparation will help..

new topics

top topics

join