It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Snopes Obama passport issue does not prove "false"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
After determining that my original post was not what I thought it was and visiting the "snopes" site it still does not explian the passport issue at all. "Snopes" only addresses a claim of the passport in the email, provided in image form by a thoughful ATS poster below, was false but offers no proof that it wasn't a US passport. Rather, the website stuck their "false" logo on it and left it at that with no hard evidence as to the passport's origin. Their conclusion is based in speculation.

So....

However, the claim that Barack Obama must have set out on that trip to Pakistan using a non-U.S. passport is false: The U.S. State Department did not include Pakistan on a "no travel" list barring Americans from traveling there in mid-1981, and evidence documents that Americans could in fact freely visit that country at that time. - Snopes website

This line from Snopes only says its "false" but offers no evidence as to the passport's origin. Snopes only emblazoned their "false" logo onto it and left it at that.

In short, if Barack Obama did visit Pakistan in the summer of 1981, he — like all other Americans — could have openly done so bearing a U.S. passport. - Snopes

The above explanation (if one can call it that & rely on it) only states that he "could have" visited on a US passport. This explanation is suggestive at best and does NOT prove that a passport used by Obama actually was a US issued one.

The email itself may have indeed originated from a so-so source however the passport issue isn't proved "false".

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mikelee] spelling

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen

He managed to become a Natural Born citizen in August 4, 1961 when his mother gave birth to him on U.S soil

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Please prove that statement.
You can't
that's the problem
I wish this problem didn't exist but it does and it would be so easliy remidied by obama showing the appropriate paperwork
but he would rather pay through the nose (still don't know who's money he's using) keeping is scrubbed
Interesting and one of those things that make many thousands of people go hmmm ...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

None other president had to show the "Proper" paperwork to the public...

.. Why does Obama need to show his??

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

how he managed to become a "natural born" American citizen

He managed to become a Natural Born citizen in August 4, 1961 when his mother gave birth to him on U.S soil

Respectfully, your statement does not answer the question. What passport did he use to travel?

He became a "nat cit" between 1981 and 2008.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
it would be so easliy remidied by obama showing the appropriate paperwork

He has shown it, but nothing he does or shows or proves will have you accept that a black man is the properly elected POTUS

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Simple really - Obama is black

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The founding fathers are trembling in their graves...A zoo has an African lion, the white house has a lying African

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Simple really - Obama is black

While a racist answer may be fine for some, it isn't to me. The fact is that no other President's birth place has ever been brought into question before. Race is the easy way out for people who do not like to have answers asked of them.

The question is about the passport not race etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The fact is that no other President's birth place has ever been brought into question before.

Because no other US president has been black before! - The same will happen if a woman is elected as President

Anyway, your claim has been debunked by snopes www.snopes.com...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Nice copy and paste job. I believe plagiarizing is against the T&C? You need to edit your OP and contribute the material to the appropriate author, which is most likely some random paranoid right-winger that circulated this long debunked rumor, or someone from WND.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cb4d088ca32e.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the link to the original snopes article. You can't just copy and paste their text so I went ahead and embedded the image.

Snopes Article

Hopefully that clears things up before this ends up on the front page with 60 flags.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

The post I posted was sent to me by a friend asking if it was legit. I decided to post it here and then you provided your take on it. After visiting the "snopes" site their explanation isn;t an entire one and leaves it open to further speculation as well as examination. The Snopes website only provides sepculation that isn't based in anything concrete.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The fact is that no other President's birth place has ever been brought into question before.

Because no other US president has been black before! - The same will happen if a woman is elected as President

Anyway, your claim has been debunked by snopes www.snopes.com...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by dereks]

Not entirely. But for those who rely on Snopes "at face value" then I'm sure it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not entirely.

Yes, entirely. It is up to you, the one making the silly claim, to show that Obama had a passport other than his USA one.

You received a hoax email, and without checking, immediately jumped on here to post it. And you were caught out believing a hoax - now the bigger question is, why did you blindly believe it?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Not entirely.

Yes, entirely. It is up to you, the one making the silly claim, to show that Obama had a passport other than his USA one.

You received a hoax email, and without checking, immediately jumped on here to post it. And you were caught out believing a hoax - now the bigger question is, why did you blindly believe it?

No need for your smarta**ed tone here. If you have nothing to contribute as to the passport issue then don't post.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Not entirely.

And yes, I did make a mistake, so what? That does not discount the fact that the Snopes expanation is based in speculation rather than fact.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

Please prove that statement.

omfg.

Please...think for yourself and stop acting like a child with her finger in her ears screaming "I CANT HEAR YOU"

Proof

But i have a feeling you'll say they're fake. Obama could set around all day long producing any sorts of evidence that you, and other ...equally oblivious people....asked for, and all you would do is say "its fake" "Its fake" .... this is why he refuses to talk to you about it. Lets act our age, not our IQ, please.

If you refuse to accept reality & accept the concrete proof before you - then you will never be convinced, and you will forever live in your alternate universe.

I wish you best of luck there. Glad you won't be sucking up my O2

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

And yes, I did make a mistake, so what? That does not discount the fact that the Snopes expanation is based in speculation rather than fact.

Wrong actually, YOU are the only one speculating here. As Obama was born in the USA, is a naturally born US citizen, why would he have any other passport than a USA one? Silly conspiracy theories like the birthers believe should be ignored, not treated like fact

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Wrong actually, YOU are the only one speculating here. As Obama was born in the USA, is a naturally born US citizen, why would he have any other passport than a USA one? Silly conspiracy theories like the birthers believe should be ignored, not treated like fact

Speculation?

Then where in the Snopes expanation does it state that Obama's passport was issued by the US?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The email itself may have indeed originated from a so-so source however the passport issue isn't proved "false".

God isnt proven true.
God isnt proven false.
Time isnt proven true.
Time isnt proven false. (only our perception can be proven on individual basis)

In fact, there is only one universal thing that can be proven true

Human Stupidity

And in its infinite splendor, births a thread like we have here.

"It can't be proven false, so it must be true"

Kind of sounds like "If the glove dont fit, acquit!"

and we all know how that turned out, right?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Snarf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join