It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dharma/Soul Mission/Sacred Task

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There is one question I have which has not had an answer for a long time, and I for the life of me cannot yet figure it out. That is the question of my Dharma/Soul mission/Sacred task is. I am pitching this to people who already believe in these concepts and not to people who think the purpose of ones life is whatever we make of it. I believe that souls incarnate on this Earth plane in the bodies they assume for a definite reason. I am not having much luck figuring it out, how about others, have you been able to work it out for yourself? Any tips for a fellow seeker.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The typical answer to this question would be not to stress over it or over think it

Listen to your inner voice and have consideration for others
do the tings that you 'know' is true but isn't necessarily the easiest thing to do
Always try to take the moral high ground

Cheers
-J

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just read something similar to your question in a book today called Nature Speak by Ted Andrews. Here is an excerpt from the Nature's Call to the Quest chapter:

Traditionally, the individual must examine the circumstances, people, situations, and beliefs of his or her life. Her or she must examine what has been lost, stolen, broken, and/or no longer necessary, in order to clean it out once and for all. This makes room within the hero's life for that which is more beneficial. We experience what Nature herself experiences periodically. Natural fires cleanse brush and dead growth, so that stronger, more beneficial growth can occur, triggering a new cycle.

Many see the spiritual path as leading up into some blinding light into which all of their troubles and problems dissolve. In reality, metaphysical and mystical practices are paths to find the light within so that we can shine it out into our lives.

For me, this concept is pretty profound and quite true when applied to life. I hope that it helps. Good luck on your journey, and never give up until you find what feels right for you. Only you can know that. Peace.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I do Vedic astrology - it gives you at least part of that sort of answer. There are Dharma houses, Lagna etc. Used by Buddhists as well as Hindus or occultists.

new topics

top topics

join