It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan's Nuclear Weapons, A greater threat than we think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Within this war on terrorism, Pakistan has been seen as a counterpart and a friend in the war on terrorism.

Yet the fact that Pakistan is a nation of many, many thousands of radicial Islamists and home or hide out to many radical Islamic terrorists... Many top Al-Qaeda terrorists have been captured in Pakistan.. and many believe that Osama Bin Laden himself now calls Pakistan Home.

Pakistan is a nuclear armed nation, a nation that has always been unstable and has had many regime changes through force.

The "father" (A. Q. Khan) of Pakistan's nuclear bombs is himself seen as a radical Muslim once sympathetic to Al-Qaeda, and even made many trips into Afghanistan to meet with the then leaders of the Taliban prior to the attacks of September 11, 2001.

At one point A. Q. Khan (father of bomb) was placed under "house arrest" after the discovery that he and aids had been sharing nuclear weapons secrets with the nations of Iran, Lybia, and North Korea. All while the USA was at war in Afghanistan.

The current leader and 'president' of Pakistan in February of this year pardoned A. Q. Khan.

Pakistan's "Father" of Bomb Pardoned

Pakistan Nuclear Weapons

Can we trust Pakistan?

I don't know about you.. but this worries me deeply.

What do we really know about Pakistan's nuclear weapons?

How secure can weapons like this be in a nation of muslims, Many radical groups, Terrorists, and the father of the nuclear bomb selling nuclear secrets to rogue nations and is pardoned, and he himself is seen as a radical muslim and a hero to ALL Pakistanis and more important seen as a Hero to all of the arab/muslim world?

Has anyone seen or heard anything that is being done to make sure these weapons or technology is not falling into the wrong hands or worse has already?

It would seem that the technology was at least shared with Iran, Lybia, and North Korea.. all right under our noses!

What else do we not know?

Gazz

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't see Pakistan declaring war on anyone in the near future. Sure they aren't exactly friends with India but I don't see them getting into a standoff.

I find it much more likely that the USA and China have a tiff over Taiwan if the USA doesn't collapse economically first.

The Pakistani nuclear thing is serious with regards to terrorists though. I would say theres a high chance that there will be a 9/11 scale terrorist attack in the USA within the next 12 months.

[Edited on 22/5/2004 by TenPin]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
you can put your money on these facts:
pakistan sold theory and hardware to other muslimcountries.

the uranium/plutonium found inside IRAN came probable from pakistan !

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
UM_Gazz sorry I did'nt see this post until today while poking around on the site.
I posted a thread on this very subject quite awhile back and it may provide an answer to your question,

"Has anyone seen or heard anything that is being done to make sure these weapons or technology is not falling into the wrong hands or worse has already?"

U.S. may have codes to Pakistans weapons

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I dont know... sooner or later the radical Muslims will overthrow their leader in Pakistan and make a new leader. If they do he will probably go to war with us if we will be at war at that time...

new topics

top topics

join