It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delay threat to swine flu jab for under-fives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Delay threat to swine flu jab for under-fives

news.scotsman.com

THE swine flu vaccination programme for young children could be hit by delays and confusion after government officials failed to reach an agreement with doctors to deliver the jab, experts warned last night.
It is believed that GPs wanted extra concessions and flexibility over the rest of their workload to help them to vaccinate a large number of healthy children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
GPs fear swine flu jabs for children may hit bonuses (Times Online)
GPs’ revolt over hours may hit swine flu jabs (Belfast Telegraph)
GPs refuse deal to deliver swine flu jabs to under-fives (Guardian)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Swine-flu bribe fever! U.N.'s H1N1 scientists linked to companies making vaccine

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Now this story is set out in Scotland, who likes to stick it to English now and again, sometimes for good reasons. It has several stories in it:

1. the obvious one is that because of disagreements between doctors and the four UK administrations vaccinations will not be done on time.

1.a. This creates panic for the reader, who thinks, or crap I better get vaccinated somehow.

1.b. This builds a public opinion against doctors who are not happy with giving vaccinations. In the article we're reading, "Doctors have a lot of power, and they should not have the power to put our children's lives at risk.", as in because of the delayed vaccinations.

2. This creates a cover story (to cover previous reports about the disagreement) as for the reasons why doctors don't want to give vaccinations. Apparently it's all about working hours and meeting targets. In the article we read, "If I am being monitored on access, then my access isn't going to be as good if I have got an extra 700 appointments for children," Dr Marshall said. Which is a fair point, but was it only about that? This new reason for disagreement was picked up recently by many other news agents (see links below).

2.a. Cover story for real reason: which was posted briefly about a month ago about Scottish and Irish doctors not willing to do vaccinations, because of some funny insurance clauses, that let pharmaceuticals completely off the hook in case of side effects, leaving doctors on the front line to take the hit for any fall out from mass vaccinations. Doctors didn't like that. I wish I bookmarked that article.

So what we have now is the UK building up plausible reason for the rest of the world why it is not proceeding with vaccinations. Which is very diplomatic thing to do I guess. What do you guys think? Is there anything here?

news.scotsman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
GPs fear swine flu jabs for children may hit bonuses (Times Online)
GPs’ revolt over hours may hit swine flu jabs (Belfast Telegraph)
GPs refuse deal to deliver swine flu jabs to under-fives (Guardian)

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In France the GP's have been cut out the loop too. The Mass Vaccination planners have no intention of the GP's being involved any further, instead they want to justify bringing in heavy-handed types like the company formally known as Blackwater and Paramilitary units.

The GP's are too civilised for this, they will also report on side-effects. Instead they want a mercenary non-medical type with 1 day's training who just follows order. The GP's would be a liability to the Forced Vaccination plans

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jameshawkings]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jameshawkings]

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

Interesting thinking. and of course they'll justify this by saying that GPs are overloaded, we better have a special pandemic squad
In the Uk they set up this call center to deal with the flu, you don't go to GP but call them and they send you drugs throught the post

top topics

join