It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of the US economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
We Know were in trouble when the United States starts printing money depicting imaginary characters. In God we must certainly trust.

va.easterseals.com...

Whats next the easter bunny?

Mods please post where appropriate

[edit on 8-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Seriously????
This is stupid!
Monopoly money.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

This is real legal tender. I got one at Publix today. no fooling.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

what?

2nd bc i think i just went numb on the left side of my body

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Just be glad she has a job....lol
But, Wal-mart is almost like a chinese factory with so little for the peons that work there!
that is some ugly money!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There is also Bunny Bucks and Cupids cash. all 100% legal notes.

This is real money!!

santadollars.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It makes sense to have a fictional character on money that has only fictional value.

Fiat currency scuks.

TPTB are signaling us that we are one step away from our currency being as worthless a monopoly money.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My mother avidly collects wizard of oz stuff -- She has a one dollar bill with the 4 wizard of oz characters in the middle. It is real legal tender and they didn't print alot of them.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Then they must print these odd bills every year because your scan shows 2006 series - I have never heard of this before, nor would I accept one if I had the opportunity

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

I was floored when I got home from the store and noticed santa in my wallet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I think you just got ripped off brother, but anything is possible.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
www.santadollars.com...

Oliveoil said it first =)

Legal tender as advertised on Good Morning America

I heard speculation that this might be worth around $20 dollars or will be a collectors item someday.

Not fake. real legal tender that has been around for a long time -- Look on the website for exact date.

Thanks
J

*note from site*
It says old George Washington is still under that bill and a 'seal' was put over it with santa.
I say its not that big of a deal and sort of cool I guess that you can squeak by defacing money this way. (maybe its not defacing)

NOT in relation to the state of the US economy (even though maybe its obvious the economy isn't exactly on fire)

ALSO OP
Easter bills since 1995
www.santadollars.com...

Google is your friend =)
"santa dollar"

[edit on 8-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

whoa, that is messed up

where can i get the 87' dan marino at to finish my collection?

[edit on 8-12-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
’A day late and a dollar short’…so to speak.

Wake up people! For those expressing shock and dismay that the Federal Reserve is issuing bank notes of any sort of “Monopoly money” character: they freely admit that they have been doing so for over 70 years now!!!!

Check out:
US Federal Reserve FAQs

The important part of this:

Federal Reserve notes are not redeemable in gold, silver or any other commodity, and receive no backing by anything(emphasis added) This has been the case since 1933.

They are openly admitting that your “money” is only a piece of paper that has no fiscal attachment whatsoever! It already is “monopoly money”. By the Fed's own admission it is not worth anything other than the paper its printed on. It has been for decades now. Real money in the U.S. died in 1933. Please look into it.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by passenger]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Oh man that is hilarious, its odd that I have never seen one of these bills before.

This is truly a slap in the face

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Santa Dollars are a trademark of Ltd. First Editions, Inc. The registered trademark assures consumers that Santa Dollars meet the requirements of the U.S. Treasury Department. The Santa Dollar seal is removable leaving the bank note intact.

As far as I know, an LTD does not give anyone permission to deface legal currency. This is basically a Santa sticker plastered "over" Georgy...

It's also ILLEGAL to SELL USD!!!! If anyone buys one, you are a morron. It's supposedly to help some charity, but your basically buying a USD with a sticker on it.

When questioned "what charity benefits" they apparently answer "all of them" .................................................

I'm not accusing, I simply call it as I see it.

You can buy them at
Publix
and Seven Eleven...

Or Paypal. Though every single charity (about 7 or so before I got bored) site I visited listed as a "partner" had no information regarding "santa dollars"

The US Treasury, Mint, or any other public institution has NOTHING to do with this. This is apparently a corporate endevour.

Hope that clears things up.

join