It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Study of “Famous LAST Words” …. Thoughts?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Two of my favourites:

"Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I am leaving you with your worries. Good luck." - George Sanders (His suicide note.)

"What the hell was that?" - The mayor of Hiroshima

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I love the thread! Thanks for posting it!

I worked as an ER nurse for 10 years in a very large inner city trauma hospital. Ive seen and heard many things people say and do right before death.. and mainly its cursing, yelling, crying, or calling for loved ones. Nothing overly wonderful.. mainly nothing remotely pleasant. Perhaps it was due to the trauma setting.. no family joined around the deatn bed scenario.. who knows. Ive told some of it on here.. but many times, especially witrh kids you hear the last words of " whats happening": or " will I be ok" or " is my mom/dad here" .... In ashamed Ive lied to so many people. I dont want the last feeling to be fear, of being alone,or Im weak and afraid to tell the truth. Ive said " youre doing fine" or " dont worry" or "yes, your mom is right here" among so many other lies that I imagine there are a troop of spirits waiting to kick my ass upon my death for lying to them. Yes, I feel guilt.. the last thing they ever heard on this world was a lie... from me.

On a personal experience I actually had been involved in an accident and "died" but I was revived obviously on the way to the hospital. My mother was with me and the huge joke ( now of course) that if I would have died for good, my last words would have been " let me up, I have to use the bathroom!"
I plan on much more philosophical words my next try at death. Ive actually thought about it!

I was with my grandfather when he died. I expected something important because of the life he lived and the truly remarkable person he was.. I guess from all of the ribbing of me for years about my potential parting words, I needed something good from my idol. Unfortunately, his last words were " stop staring at me dammit!". SO much for a last word to inspire me .. thanks grampa. Now I have a mental complex about possibly staring at patients when they are near death....

To the original question.. yeah, there is one that resonates with me:

"I'd like to thank my family for loving me and taking care of me. And the rest of the world can kiss my ass." - Johnny Frank Garrett, Sr, also executed

Thats kind of my thought down deep.. if Im being truthful with myself. All that matters is what my family and loved ones think and feel for me.. self centered - yes.. the rest can kiss it.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Cut the red wire. Yeah, I'm sure."

"You're not enough of a man to pull that trigger!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Seriously now, "Now comes the mystery" sounds like something I myself would say, or at least think, during my last breath.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
I am not the least afraid to die. ~~ Charles Darwin, d. April 19, 1882

Ironic being he was possibly most afraid of it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join