It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A star entering our solar system? There would be no trying to prove it. We can clearly see binary star solar systems millions of lght years away correct? but dont see the one in our back yard. I find the niburu alien theory very interesting but i just dont see how we would miss such an event unfolding.
and geez how many times was niburu supposed to arrive lik ten years in a row its a shame thow would make for good veiwing!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrybe
reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

Where does it say it's inside the orbit of Pluto? If that's the case we can assign a value to it, which means it'd be detectable by now. If it's outside the orbit of Pluto, it's anyone's guess. As for it's mass, they're saying is 1.3MJ. From what I've read, the minimum mass of any brown dwarf is 13MJ, and even that number is debated. Maybe someone misplaced a decimal, otherwise all we have is a really big planet.

I think it's a really cool idea but I just don't see any evidence to prove it.

2MASS1207-3932 is only 5Mj and Cha 110913-773444 is 8Mj. 13 was the standard in 1999.....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by consciencious observer
reply to post by queenannie38

It was on the discovery channel.

Oooh! Yes, we can now get our science education from the purveyors of car insurance and and Sham Wowz. I can't wait for the next poster to say, "I saw it on Jerry Springer. It must be true.".

It very well could coincide with the Mayan calendar for all we know.

Which Mayan calandar? Each city had their own long count calendar and only the one from Tortuguero, an anomolous 7886 year, 20 baktun monument ends in 2012. Most Maya used the 5125 year, 13 baktun calendar. Of course it must be true. You saw it on an infomercial for Pseudoscience Today magazine. Right?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Although i am very skepical about the whole planet-x/nibiru thing, there IS something very strange going on in the solar system and our planet;

1) At least 6 of the planets in our solar sytem are experiencing global warming-however-the Sun's output is abnormally low at the moment, and has been for a while... Could something extra solar system be causing this?

2) Increased seismicity in the southern hemisphere with magnitude 8 earthquakes one after the other. Yes it IS a seismic activity hotbed, but not on the scale of the past year!..... Maybe caused by an extra planetary bodies gravitational interraction with the earth? As the puropsed trajectory of nibiru/planet-x is from the south polar region, it makes sense that the southern hemisphere would feel the interactions first, with the energy exchange causing catastrophic plate failure more frequently than normal with increasing magnitudes proportianal to the transference of energy in more quake prone fault systems, and maybe even reactivating old ones?

I keep an open mind....

[edit on 103131p://f55Wednesday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

The "global warming" on other planets is attributable to various causes unique to each planet. Six planets? Which six?

There is no increased seismic activity. There have been no 8.0 earthquakes since 2007.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hm Hm Hm.....

chandra.harvard.edu...

Hoax?

note that this photo was allegedly taken in 2007...

-rrr

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

also:

en.wikipedia.org...

where it states that the object is:

"Located about 25,000 light years from Earth"

-rrr

[edit on 9-12-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stinkhorn1
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually, if it's a brown dwarf, there would be no light coming from it unless you can see in the infrared spectrum. The reason chandler can see it is because it is emitting radiation.

Could that flushing sound be of credibility going down the terlit? Did you by any chance mean Chandra? The space telescope named for the Vedic lunar deity? Hope not, because Chandra is a freakin' x-ray, not infrared telescope. If not, who or what the h___ is Chandler? And brown dwarfs do emit a minimal amount of visible light in the 450+- THz range. They sometimes, but rarely emit in the x-ray and almost never in the microwave. They are simply not hot enough.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No 8 pointers? What about Samoa, 29th September? Sumatra? Papua? There has been quite a few high magnitude quakes this year ranging from magnitude 7 to 8!

As for extra planetary global warming; earth, mars, jupiter, neptune and pluto are all experiencing global warming... Not 6 i know, but they are..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
my understanding is a brown dwarf is a star that has used up its fuel and collapsed in to a very dense material. if

Where could you have possibly gotten that understanding. What you are describing is a pre-supernova star of a mass over 4 SM.
There is still some dispute whether brown giants are formed by accretion or out of nebulosity.
A collapsed star like you describe, would either be a white dwarf, kept alive by electron degeneracy forces at its core; a neutron star, where gravity is opposed by neutron-neutron interactions mediated by the strong force; or, a black hole, where gravity isn't opposed any more.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
[edit on 9-12-2009 by triplescorpio]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Something fishy there

What sets off my alarms is when they treat NASA as if it is the final authority on all things astronomical in the world. NASA is just one exploration body. There are various government agencies across the world not to mention the IAS which is not part of NASA or any government body. Serious astronomers would know this; they are delving into the realm of ignorant conspiracy theorists.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akkadian

Originally posted by scrybe
reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

reply to post by Byrd

Where does it say it's inside the orbit of Pluto? If that's the case we can assign a value to it, which means it'd be detectable by now. If it's outside the orbit of Pluto, it's anyone's guess. As for it's mass, they're saying is 1.3MJ. From what I've read, the minimum mass of any brown dwarf is 13MJ, and even that number is debated. Maybe someone misplaced a decimal, otherwise all we have is a really big planet.

I think it's a really cool idea but I just don't see any evidence to prove it.

2MASS1207-3932 is only 5Mj and Cha 110913-773444 is 8Mj. 13 was the standard in 1999.....

2MASS 1207-3932 is 24 Mj according to harvard.

the other is 8Mj but is a sub-brown dwarf.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Hm Hm Hm.....

chandra.harvard.edu...

Hoax?

note that this photo was allegedly taken in 2007...

-rrr

Nothing allegedly about it. Just a very distant supernova.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Any fool with, or without a telescope would be able to see something this large if it was in our solar system. ESPECIALLY if it was to be close enough by 2012 to interfere with our planet.

Something may very well happen in 2012, but its not going to be a magical planet inhabited by the Anunnaki coming to either save or destroy us.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Selahobed

The "global warming" on other planets is attributable to various causes unique to each planet. Six planets? Which six?

There is no increased seismic activity. There have been no 8.0 earthquakes since 2007.

Phage, do you remeber the Samoa earthquake 2009? (8.0 magnitude)
en.wikipedia.org...

And the CHENGDU, China? (7.9 magnitude)
www.cnn.com...

And Sichuan china 2008? (7.9 magnitude)
earthquake.usgs.gov...

And New Zealand 2009? (7.9 magnitude)
earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
David Wilcock mentions this stuff back in 2007. Listen to this:

This is strange.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah its just not possible for something with as much mass as a star to be so stealthy it would be totally obvious maybe a small dark comet or asteroid could slip through but a star to much of a stretch for me and my mind is far from closed on the issue of undiscoverd planets. I wish it were true

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Oops. I don't know how I missed Samoa. That has been the only 8+ earthquake since September 2007.

This year there have been 8 earthquakes of 7.5 or greater. There has been an annual average of 4.4 such earthquakes since 1973. The highest number was 10 in 2007. There were 8 in 1975. There were 7 in 1973, 1978, 1985, 2000, and 2001.

There is no increase in activity.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I admit the source may be dubious but I would not be surprised if Nibiru was coming close enough to see soon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join