It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Please correct me if I'm wrong about some things.

i was afraid of that.You do know what I'm saying right? If the head of the bird is to the north, that would make that celestial body coming from the south and that is what is going on here.

Weather that be or not I do agree that is a warning. bigtime.

I have to get some rest if I can i hope OP gets back here.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For me, this is a very special circle because it has a Aztec connection, in that it's appearance at this time would coincide with the ancient prophecy of the appearance of a celestial body (Nibiru) in our solar system in 2012, which may be visible approaching from late 2009/2010.

The Diagram

Diagram Bertold Zugelder Copyright 2009

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've got a question? Just when it seems man is on the cusp to conquer anti gravity and get off this rock. A brown star appears to bring civilization to it's knees, like the story of Atlantis. So do think someone is trying to keep us trapped here to repeat civilization over and over again?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Hey bad have looked at the vid on pg 1 yet?

I'm checking it out now. I have heard about the area he is talking about before. That direction is towards the blackhole at the center of the galaxy. Sagittarius points to it.

I'll finish listening before I comment on it further.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

For starters, it is NOT a secret.

We are discussing it here, it is being discussed ALL over the net and has been for quite a number of years.

One reason we can't all just take our scopes into the back garden and see this thing, is that it is reportedly coming from a southern direction, that is, it's coming towards us from our South pole position, so unless you had your scope set up in Antarctica, you wouldn't see it.

Quite interesting then, that a brand new and very large radio telescope was recently (a year or two ago) installed at...you guessed it - the South pole! Perfectly situated to observe this thing.

If it is 'The tenth planet', Nibiru, or planet X it is said to have a roughly 3,600 year elliptical orbit.

My question would be this...have archeologists discovered any evidence of mass extinctions, immense tidal waves, mega earthquakes, mega volcanic eruptions, mass burnings due to CMEs, on a repeating 3,600 year cycle?

To my knowledge, they have not. At least there is no published data to support global turmoil and kill offs, every 3,600 years.

That tells me one of three things.

1) Nibiru/planet X doesn't exist.

2) Nibiru/Planet X does exist, but has no discernible or minimal physical effects on life on Earth and does not create huge disasters for us during it's passage around Sol.

3) Nibiru/Planet X does exist and DOES create periodic (3,600 year cycle) catastrophe for us and other life here on Earth, and the evidence for this in the archeological record has been buried or otherwise hidden from us to prevent panic.

I'm hoping for 1. or 2. (of course), but how likely is 3.?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
okay.

first off, i have to say i can't make heads or tails of what this article is trying to convey - one reason is the nonsensical syntax and the other is the strange jargon.

if these guys are truly talented astrophysicists, no matter which country they are from, you'd think that they'd have a little better grasp on the importance of being comprehensible.

and even if their English is sorely lacking, they should be able to find a qualified translator, don't you think?

supposedly they posted this stuff back in August, hoping for independent verification from other astronomers and such, around the world, in order to show how negligent NASA's been, in allegedly keeping this from us - so, where's all the corroborating data?

some of the links go to pages with slightly better writing, as far as syntax. but still it's not very clear to me, at all

i think perhaps they are going on that old Nibiru/12th planet stuff, as the jump-off for their hypothesis?

i dunno.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by queenannie38]

Here is the G1.9+0.3 which is a discovered supernova, the latest one, inside our own Galaxy.
Here is an Australian article We have our Brown Dwarf trying to explain this bogus supposedly Spanish originating report.

They effectively being telling us that NASA with the Chandra X-ray telescope that was used to image the supernovae, supposedly mistook a brown dwarf orbiting somewhere close to the extrasolar Oort cloud zone around our Solar system for the G1.9+0.3 supernovae.
I don't know if the science pages presenting the supernovae pictures are real pictures of it or just a sensualist depiction of the find for the sake of presentation but it seems a bit far fetched that a scientific team operating such a delicate equipment like the Chandra X-Ray space bound telescope would mistaken a brown dwarf for a supernovae. These kind of people are not exactly apes. They know science.
Now the article tries to cover this inefficiency of their claim by rumoring that NASA did such a thing on purpose. A brown dwarf, if what the article claim could be real has to be more clearly viewed as time passes so its real orbit and characteristics could be identified. Right now that's obscure as the article seems to not reveal details, since probably these details are yet unknown to anyone, are yet to be discovered, but a stellar body if studied has to reveal its properties in a great extend. So it will be either confirmed from numerous sources in the future or its just a rumor and will die down.
I find it hardly unlikely that NASA would tell a lie for such a thing. They are probably the first to know that you can't hide such kind of a thing from eyes that watch the sky occasionally, people that try to make discoveries to get credit and fame for them and especially other scientific teams around the world who can operate expensive equipment doing what exactly NASA does. identifying interesting stellar bodies inside the Galaxy.

Probably another lame attempt at end world theories, Nibiru, 2012 and the usual crap.
This time, the initial source supposed to be Spanish and that is such an alien and obscure language,
so the article would float around until it gets translated..
Try Chinese next time.. Oh wait! They already did this..

Article=FAIL.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Planet x is not bogus

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yeah but its not anywhere either.

Second line.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've heard that before. I am pretty sure the pull is from the blackhole at the center of the galaxy. It holds our star in it's orbit, so it only makes sense that it would also have a gravitational effect on our solar system. If you look at gravity in the manner in which Einstein showed it(where you have funnels around the mass etc). Then the fabric of space itself for the galaxy is also it's own funnel, of which our sun rotates around.

It is a known fact that the tip of the arrow of Sagittarius is where the center of the galaxy is, and that black hole. As such, it doesn't seem near as odd that satelites and such would be looking in that direction, especially since the early 80's was pretty short time after Hawkins and all that blackhole stuff in the 70's.

It makes sense they would be looking in the infrared spectrum in that direction, because what Hawkins found in 74 was that Black holes gave off far-infrared radiation.

So, telescope goes up in the 80's, looking directly in the direction of the blackhole at the center of our galaxy, in the infrared after Hawkins suggests the blackhole would give off infrared radiation.

I could be completely wrong, I don't know that is what happened. But that seems extremely plausible.

If you take a look at Keplers laws, and the orbits of our planets - especially ones with elliptical orbits, the speed of those planets is in relation to their position next to the sun, and their mass. As the object gets closer to the sun, it speeds up. As it is further away, it slows down. There is only so far out that it could travel without losing orbit. And only so much speed it could travel towards the sun before it is slung out of orbit as well.

When you look at Jupiter for example. If you were to take Jupiter from it's average position away from us, and start sending it towards the sun directly in a straight line - at the speed of mercury, much faster than the speed of Jupiter now, it would be years before it hit the sun. I use speed of mercury for the entire thing instead of Jupiter because it would speed up the closer it got. But still even if it starts out much faster it takes years to arrive.

That is because of the extremely large distances we are looking at. Thus, I don't at all know where he gets this 1 year deal. In order for it to be here in 1 year, it means it would need to be traveling at incredible speeds, well beyond what Keplers laws allow.

As well, he couldn't possibly know it was going to get close to the earth, and all this stuff about methane? Sharing atmospheres? No way. That would be the least of worries if such an object got that close to us. Like 1000 ft tides or something crazy(that figure is unscientific and made up, just that there would be an effect from the gravity). And how does this "exchange" happen? 1 side will pull more than the other, it would take not exchange.

I dunno, as I said before I've only researched these things a bit out of interest, and I'm far from being an expert. But I would sooner believe a portal was going to open up than the planet X/brown dwarf stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yet!

For the sake of conspiracy:

This whole charade of an unknown planet waiting to be discovered around our solar system and how solar system bodies especially extrasolar are behaving might be hinting to scientific inability to understand how exactly these mechanics work since I think objects especially around the Oort cloud do not exactly behave according to established models. We have yet to discover things but one of them won't be brown dwarfs orbiting our solar system. Although there could undetected somewhere out there, or even millions of them orbiting deep space, but this article is not successfully pointing at such a discovery.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

The Amundsen-Scott SPT (South Pole Telescope).
yowusa.com...

cristiannegureanu.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
We have yet to discover things but one of them won't be brown dwarfs orbiting our solar system.

I love it when posters make such definitive statements. What do you think this front page Washington Post article was referring to? Why was it never mentioned again?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
maybe when talking 1.3 whatever for size they are not talking about diameter but mass . my understanding is a brown dwarf is a star that has used up its fuel and collapsed in to a very dense material. if that is case maybe it has mass 1.3 times our sun but diameter might be only 10 to 100 miles across and out to distance of pluto a 10 or 100 mile diameter object would be very hard to see right.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
For all of you wondering how such a star might go undetected for so long...this uc berkeley lecture might be of interest...

EDIT: Forgot to add - go to 34:55 to get to the part of interest...the Professor states: "we could be part of a double star system and we never would have noticed"...

EDIT: Could this possibly have anything to do the weird spiral thing that appeared in the sky which I just read about on that other front page thread? 2012 looking like it might be interesting or what!?!?

EDIT: You probably want to start a little before 34:55 to get a better understanding of what he's talking about...

EDIT: And I also heard the LHC recently got up and running...maybe that had something to do with the spiral in the sky...my God...my brains going to burst...I'm in conspiracy heaven...

[edit on 9/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This. Is. Awesome.

(where are all my 2012 bettors, now?!)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I've got a question? Just when it seems man is on the cusp to conquer anti gravity and get off this rock. A brown star appears to bring civilization to it's knees, like the story of Atlantis. So do think someone is trying to keep us trapped here to repeat civilization over and over again?

This is a very good observation, if Atlanteans were indeed on the brink of mastering something on par with anti-gravity, or a form of free energy which would allow them to reach the deep reaches of space...it would be an interesting aspect to the story. I agree that this is quite possible, and I think that we'll know the truth sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
...One reason we can't all just take our scopes into the back garden and see this thing, is that it is reportedly coming from a southern direction, that is, it's coming towards us from our South pole position, so unless you had your scope set up in Antarctica, you wouldn't see it.

Quite interesting then, that a brand new and very large radio telescope was recently (a year or two ago) installed at...you guessed it - the South pole! Perfectly situated to observe this thing...

There is no such thing as an object in space that can only be seen from the South Pole. ALL objects in space located in the Earth's south direction would be visible in almost all of the southern hemisphere.

For example, Polaris (the North Star) is directly above Earth's north pole, yet it can be seen from almost the entire northern hemisphere. I live about half-way between the pole and the equator, and the North Star is very visible in my night sky and is relatively high above the horizon.

The idea that an object is hidden from our view and can only be seen from Antarctica is a myth originated by Nibiru believers.

Some objects far from our Sun may be hard to detect using the visible light spectrum, but that's another issue.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Actually, if it's a brown dwarf, there would be no light coming from it unless you can see in the infrared spectrum. The reason chandler can see it is because it is emitting radiation.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by blujay

Well we wouldn't see it if it were coming from another dimension. Unless you are an ascended master, of course.

I certainly would not be on this miserable plane of existance if that was the case now would I?

No, I mean I can't say for sure that's it not there, simply because we don't know anything about anything really. But as far as the "physical" sense of it being there, it seems not to be.

I certainly hope it is, that would be really wicked.

This is more evidence for that I guess. I'm just very skeptical.

~Keeper

Yes, this pegs out as a 9.9 out of 10 on my Skeptic meter. Lets just say I have a few telescopes at home and I'm pretty confident a brown dwarf so close would not be so hard to find...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A Brown Dwarf as large as 1.9Mj than is positioned right in “Sagitario”,

This video shows black outs in the same constellation Sagittarius on Google Earth.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by Chaos Lord]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join