It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Cant trust NASA but you believe BS from some idiots on the net well done you.

[edit on 9-2-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is G1.9:

NASA say it's the expanding remnants of a super nova.

Does anyone have any information or a source that denies that? Does anybody know if there anything new known about this?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
“Global warming on Neptune's moon Triton as well as Jupiter and Pluto, and now Mars has some [scientists] scratching their heads over what could possibly be in common with the warming of all these planets
Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory. In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row. Even more fascinating is what NASA has not said since the launch of IBEX: By monitoring the shape and distribution of this ENA ribbon, we can see how it changes with time. As the solar system passes through interstellar space (and the Local Fluff), this external magnetic field can squash and squeeze our heliosphere. When this happens, highly energetic (and damaging) cosmic rays can penetrate deeper into our solar system. New data has revealed that the heliosphere, the protective shield of energy that surrounds our solar system, has weakened by 25 per cent over the past decade and is now at it lowest level since the space race began 50 years ago. If the heliosphere continues to weaken, scientists fear that the amount of cosmic radiation reaching the inner parts of our solar system, including Earth, will increase. In 2003, cosmic dust into our solar system recently tripled and the pace is expected to grow over the next decade. The rate is expected to stay constant until 2005, and then increase by another factor of 3 prior to 2013 2012 we will be passing through the Galactic Equator where galactic gravity is the strongest running more or less through the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Schoenberg (1964) has shown that dust clouds have a FAR FROM random alignment, and that they show a strong preference for apparent elongation along the plane. Dense dust clouds show a definite tendency to align themselves parallel to the galactic plane. Consider ISM that is ionized only by the solar UV, and then assess the amount of neutral interstellar hydrogen that is accreted by the Earth’s atmosphere during a single passage through a dense cloud. Case is substantial changes in the terrestrial atmosphere. In that case hydrogen acts as a chemical agent to remove oxygen atoms and to cause OZONE concentration reductions

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Perhaps we should discuss the asteroid belt.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

i reserve the right to respectfully disagree.

though i'm not solid on that.

i believe it could be out there and we just haven't seen it yet or those who have aren't talking...or are completely discredited. could be wrong though. i have to say i just don't think anyone can say for sure at this point.

guess i'm from the waitNsee tribe.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here's the problem..

We would SEE something like that. It's huge, not some little planet..It's a STAR.

Nobody can see it...

People could see it from their backyards...they don't.

There is nothing there..

~Keeper

i reserve the right to respectfully disagree.

though i'm not solid on that.

i believe it could be out there and we just haven't seen it yet or those who have aren't talking...or are completely discredited. could be wrong though. i have to say i just don't think anyone can say for sure at this point.

guess i'm from the waitNsee tribe.

NASA even admits there are tons of heavily bodies close enough to see, but you can't see with a normal telescope. They go on to explain like many others that you need infrared technology to see what is hiding...I think this is why nobody is seeing anything. Because there are few with a telescope advanced enough to make out anything that far away as anything more than a star, and there are fewer with said telescope and infrared technology on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If we can't see it but it's there....and they can see it...they would never tell us anyway until maybe we're all fried...it's gonna be impossible to hide sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
If we can't see it but it's there....and they can see it...they would never tell us anyway until maybe we're all fried...it's gonna be impossible to hide sooner or later.

I agree with you on that. Also, if this was Planet X, which they have been looking for, for a long time, Planet X in theory has a 3600 year orbit. It's rapid movement could also explain why it is so difficult to pinpoint to an exact set of coordinates. It is been noted that it is quite possible if not what is, that this Planet X's orbit follows that of our Sun's darker brother. In our binary system.

In theory it is all quite possible but I guess only time will tell because we aren't being told much by anyone else.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It is very possible that we have a Brown dwarf close enough to see but hidden due to the fact you need infared equipment for it to be visable.

As an amatuer astronomer I find the 'Planet X' theory very plausible and very probable. Binary systems are extremely common. This is one hell of a big Universe/s.

ANYTHING is possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Isis_Is_I

Ding Ding Ding - people keep saying you should see it because it's a star, don't understand the spectrum of light - and, that humans visual realm is almost none of the entire thing.

Most stars are part of a binary system. Think about it, in a vacuum, you throw a zillion objects out into empty space, they will eventually gravitate, congeal into groups - it's only natural that we be part of a small group - some astronmers estimate anywhere from 50-80% of all stars are part of a binary system. Why is it so hard to believe that we wouldn't be part of one ourselves? We think we're so special.

But, back to the asteroid belt. Any reason someone doesn't beleive that its origins are anything other than a planet that was destroyed by a massive collision with another celestial object? (I seem to remember some part about a Tiamat, or something...?)

Anyway, food for thought.

[edit on 3/12/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
Most stars are part of a binary system. Think about it, in a vacuum, you throw a zillion objects out into empty space, they will eventually gravitate, congeal into groups - it's only natural that we be part of a small group - some astronmers estimate anywhere from 50-80% of all stars are part of a binary system. Why is it so hard to believe that we wouldn't be part of one ourselves? We think we're so special.

Well put...the binary system issue is what keeps me coming back and checking on this thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

cheers for keeping an eye on things because also am I.
I came across this today and will keep posting anything new I find on this subject..

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud

John J. Matese, Daniel P. Whitmire
(Submitted on 26 Apr 2010)

Abstract: We present an updated dynamical and statistical analysis of outer Oort cloud cometary evidence suggesting the sun has a wide-binary Jovian mass companion. The results support a conjecture that there exists a companion of mass ~ 1-4 M_Jup orbiting in the innermost region of the outer Oort cloud. Our most restrictive prediction is that the orientation angles of the orbit normal in galactic coordinates are centered on the galactic longitude of the ascending node Omega = 319 degree and the galactic inclination i = 103 degree (or the opposite direction) with an uncertainty in the normal direction subtending ~ 2% of the sky. A Bayesian statistical analysis suggests that the probability of the companion hypothesis is comparable to or greater than the probability of the null hypothesis of a statistical fluke. Such a companion could also have produced the detached Kuiper Belt object Sedna. The putative companion could be easily detected by the recently launched Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE).

arxiv.org...

thanks all for you'r interest so far.

peace to you all

daz

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here's the interesting issue with this paper. It suggests that something is out there and it is small and far away. It is suggested that it is 25000AU away. Remember that 62500AU make a light year. The body they are looking for is like 4 Jupiters in mass at most. That's not big enough to be a brown dwarf. The lower end for them is like 10 Jupiter masses.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I beleive this is planets, turn your screen sideways

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Here's the interesting issue with this paper. It suggests that something is out there and it is small and far away. It is suggested that it is 25000AU away. Remember that 62500AU make a light year. The body they are looking for is like 4 Jupiters in mass at most. That's not big enough to be a brown dwarf. The lower end for them is like 10 Jupiter masses.

yes perhaps it is a planetry body they mean but when I look at the article I see

sun has a wide-binary Jovian mass companion

that says sun. binary.about jupiter mass. they still don't know a whole lot about binary. only lately they are really starting to find lots of them. perhaps it is possible the 10 jupiter masses they expect to be the lower end for a brown dwarf is not correct.

just a thought

daz

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The lower end for the brown dwarfs is based on theoretical predictions of the material when that much gravity is applied. The pressure due to gravity and the kinetic energy of the heated atoms is not strong enough to overcome the interaction between the electrons of the atoms. The atoms do not undergo fusion.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The lower end for the brown dwarfs is based on theoretical predictions of the material when that much gravity is applied. The pressure due to gravity and the kinetic energy of the heated atoms is not strong enough to overcome the interaction between the electrons of the atoms. The atoms do not undergo fusion.

that may be so and I am not going into a big discussion on the in and outs of these theory's after all to me they will always just be theoretical predictions which have still to be proved and verified by independant third parties. I still thank you for you'r input.

peace to you

daz

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

only lately they are really starting to find lots of them. perhaps it is possible the 10 jupiter masses they expect to be the lower end for a brown dwarf is not correct.

The reason that brown dwarfs are being discovered is that sensitive equipment is now available. It is important to understand how astronomers can determine what they see is in fact a brown dwarf. How do you they distinguish a brown dwarf from something else?

The way you make a definitive statement about something being a brown dwarf is to know the theoretical properties. These properties predict that an observer sees a certain set of properties. Only when these properties are verified is it possible to say that the observed object is a brown dwarf.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The only way to sure if they know and don't tell the public is listening to police scanners or some type of radio scanner. They would be talking on some sort of CB radio or such.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isis_Is_I
It is very possible that we have a Brown dwarf close enough to see but hidden due to the fact you need infared equipment for it to be visable.

As an amatuer astronomer I find the 'Planet X' theory very plausible and very probable. Binary systems are extremely common. This is one hell of a big Universe/s.

ANYTHING is possible.

Not according to some of the hardcore skeptics. I swear if NASA says that the Earth's atmosphere is actually green instead of blue that is visible from the moon; they would probably actually agree with them.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join