It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Please, be so kind as to quote an excerpt and credit the source. The link you left seems to go to somewhere other than directly to the article you are referencing.

Thx.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
February 2010 is only weeks away so we havnt long to wait. It is absurd to trust NASA in anything they say. They are part of the government corporation so I dont know why any creedence is given to their accounts of anything.

If there is an extinction level event headed towards us from the sky what might be the signs and circumstantial evidence.....

Sudden worldwide interest in space travel...Chine, India.... check
Updated scientific equipment launches....Us...check
Prophecised end times...Take your pick....check
TPTB, survival....underground seed storage, underground facilities...check
Slight of hand, dont watch there, watch here....war, pandemic, finance..check
New technology...averting the disaster. norway spiral..LHC....check
Long term planning slight of hand....GW, weather changes....etc...check
Long term planning...clean up if possible...Fema camps, coffins...check
Whistle blowers.....scientists, suicide.....check
Financing survival of TPTB......Trillions going missing.......check

I could go on. It proves absolutly nothing but Im sure the above jig-saw pieces must be for some big picture.

Respects

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
On June 17, 1982, a NASA press release from Ames Research Center officially recognized the possibility of "some kind of mystery object" beyond the outermost planets. Various press releases around this time confirmed that scientists were indeed looking for the infamous Planet X. For instance, Astronomy magazine published an article in December of 1981 entitled "Search for the Tenth Planet," and another article in October of 1982 entitled "Searching for a Tenth Planet." In addition, Newsweek covered the story of Planet X on June 28, 1982 in an article entitled "Does the Sun Have a Dark Companion?" This article implied that the tenth planet actually orbits a two sun (binary star) system, but we cannot see the other sun because it is a "dark" star. The article stated:
"A 'dark companion' could produce the unseen force that seems to tug at Uranus and Neptune, speeding them up at one point in their orbits and holding them back as they pass. The best bet is a dark star orbiting at least 50 billion miles beyond Pluto.

After Voyager 2 flew by Neptune in 1989, it was found that the planet was a little smaller than previously believed. Once the numbers were recalculated to the corrected size, the 'tug' in the orbit disappeared.

It is most likely either a brown dwarf, or a neutron star. Others suggest it is a tenth planet since a companion star would tug at the other planets, not just Uranus and Neptune."

Pluto is about 4.5 billion miles (49 AU) from the sun, at its farthest, and 2.7 (29 AU) billion at its closest, closer than Neptune mind you. OK, let's say it's a brown dwarf. These almost-stars come in a range between 13 and 65 Jupiter-masses...we'll say 'ours' is about 38 Jupiter-masses. In order to have an effect on Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and the other dwarf planets in that area we would naturally assume that it's going to be closer than 38 times the distance of Jupiter from any of these planets but not so close as to completely throw those dwarf planets out of Sol's orbit; 1,672 AU from Pluto. This distance is where the Oort cloud is, so, theoretically, the Oort cloud could not exist if there were an object of that size in the area.

A neutron star can be exponentially 'heavier' than the sun and would thus have to be much, much farther lest it tear our solar system apart.

Let's say it is a neutron star, I would have to start to assume that not only would it be impacting our star, but that of Proxima Centauri as well. OK, so maybe, in a strange way, we're actually orbiting in a super-heavy star system along with Proxima. Cool, but I think we'd recognize this in our study of microwave and radio waves in the sky. I don't buy it.

The Washington Post covered the story of Planet X on the front page on December 31, 1983 called "Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered." This story reported that the Infrared Astronomical Satellite (IRAS) detected heat from an object about fifty billion miles away.
A report of an interview with chief scientist Gerry Neugebauer from Jet Propulsion Laboratories appeared in the story. The article stated:

"A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite. 'All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is,' said Gerry Neugebauer, chief IRAS scientist."
Link;www.subversiveelement.com...

This anomoly was discovered in 1985 to be a galaxy, one of 9 that IRAS discovered that are only visible in infrared...or a molecular cloud, depending on which anomoly is being referenced in this quote.

I'll give to you that your link continues on after these ideas are presented, but I'm replying to this particular excerpt.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Good job putting everything that was in my head to print.
I don't know how many times I wanted to do that but could never get it all straight at the same time. Definetly agree with what you say about
NASTA as I like to them. This all really should be taken into account by
all. I think the debunkers only look at things from the astronomical viewpoint. They don't believe they could be getting bad data.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by captiva

Good job putting everything that was in my head to print.
I don't know how many times I wanted to do that but could never get it all straight at the same time. Definetly agree with what you say about
NASTA as I like to them. This all really should be taken into account by
all. I think the debunkers only look at things from the astronomical viewpoint. They don't believe they could be getting bad data.

And, he's basically surmised my thoughts from this thread:

I have come to the conclusion that ALL mainstream conspiracy theories support and/or provide evidence for either or both of the following:

1) The existence of advanced civilizations and either the preventing of, or the preparing for, Disclosure.

- and/or -

2) The fact that the world does 'reset' itself, periodically - thru (historically / scientifically verifiable) global cataclysm - and, we are on the precipice of such a reset, currently.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can." ...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

NASA BAFFLED BY UNEXPLAINED FORCE ACTING ON PROBES

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford
Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.
Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there. The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece to the puzzle of solar-system cyclic behavior. While searching for possible perturbations of the planets due to a tenth major planet or a dark massive solar companion (MSC), he discovered that the perihelia of the outer planets (orbital points closest to the sun) were being disturbed with an average period of 11.2 years. This is almost exactly the sunspot period of about 11 years ( or half the period of solar magnetic field reversals of about 22 years). He suggests two possibilities:
(1) Mutual resonance effects between the planets
(2) The effects of a massive solar companion.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Thanks for sharing these news about Pioneer.
Could you please provide the link or source?
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Great thread! Feb is just days away.....Lets see!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi all again and thanks everyone for all you'r efforts to keep this thread real. I have been following intently but had nothing meaningful to offer till now. To be honest I thought no new information would ever surface about this subject again but it seems something has..

Here on ATS at the moment there is thread happening about Giant planetary body named G1.9

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now dig this..

Though not known to the American people about G1.9 is that since its discovery NASA has continued to maintain that it is the remnant of a supernova explosion that occurred about 140 years ago, an explanation deemed “absurd” by Russian scientists who point out, correctly, that for a supernova to have exploded in our own Solar System in the mid 1800’s it would have been not only visible to the entire Earth, it would have been extensively documented too.

Further down in their external quote is the following..

Spanish astronomers have tracked this object with great interest because they were anticipating its appearance. Gravitational anomalies have been appearing in the Oort Cloud for some time, suggesting the perturbations were caused by a nearby object with considerable mass. The announcement that G1.9 had increased in size was no mystery to them. It is exactly what they would expect as the object moved closer to Earth.”

Here we have our Spanish Astronomers mentioned again only this time along with Russian Scientists.

The above quotes come from the following site.
Russia Prepares For Asteroid Strike As New Comet Nears Sun

Here is yet another quote from the same site.

The comet currently plunging into the Sun whose arrival was ‘announced’ over a fortnight ago with the breaking of the Deep Solar Minimum and the mass ejection of solar flares supports the Russian scientist’s theories beyond all doubt, a fact, however, which the Americans will not acknowledge as their theories have never been designed for truth, but rather for the social engineering of their public to keep them as unaware as possible to what the future holds for our Earth. And to what the American scientists fear above all else is their public becoming aware of the giant planetary body named G1.9 that is heading towards us and is now just 60 AU’s [1 AU=the distance from the Sun to Earth] from our Planet and growing in size. Though not known to the American people about G1.9 is that since its discovery NASA has continued to maintain that it is the remnant of a supernova explosion that occurred about 140 years ago, an explanation deemed “absurd” by Russian scientists who point out, correctly, that for a supernova to have exploded in our own Solar System in the mid 1800’s it would have been not only visible to the entire Earth, it would have been extensively documented too. Supporting these Russian scientists who state that G1.9 was never a supernova but either a new planet to our Solar System or a brown dwarf sun are their Spanish astrophysicist counterparts whose findings we can read:

I am now convinced that this is for real. This G1.9 is our brown dwarf. All over the internet it is being disscused but as a super nova. Loads of main stream sites also.. Like this one from the telegraph.

www.telegraph.co.uk... 11/Earth-to-be-wiped-out-by-supernova-explosion.html

The star, called T Pyxidis, is set to self-destruct in an explosion called a supernova with the force of 20 billion billion billion megatons of TNT. Although the star is thought to be around 3,260 light-years away – a fairly short distance in galactic terms – the blast from the thermonuclear explosion could strip away the Earth's ozone layer, the scientists said.

Or this one from sky

news.sky.com... iversity/Article/201001115515600?f=rss

A new study shows the star, called T Pyxidis, is much closer than previously thought at 3,260 light-years away - a short hop in galactic terms. It is set to self-destruct in an explosion called a supernova with the force of 20 billion billion billion megatons of TNT.

Or this one from viewzone
www.viewzone.com...

We may have already discussed that site but hey I will put it in again anyway for the record.

Now I know there may yet be doubt but it is more than a smoking gun in my opinion. There is more than enough evidence in these articles to convince me that this nova my not be a nova at all and is our brown dwarf..
Do you'r own research and let me know what you think.

peace to you all

daz__

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daz__

Do you really want to use Sorcha Faal as a source?

January 3, 2010

Russia Prepares For Asteroid Strike As New Comet Nears Sun

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

www.whatdoesitmean.com...

Whenever you see "Russian scientists" in a story, check the source.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vonour

Posted much earlier in this thread:

For those talking about the Washington Post article:
spider.ipac.caltech.edu...
This is just a small part
These objects were therefore "mystery objects", at least until the mysteries were solved in short order. These sources all turned out to be distant galaxies except one which was a wisp of Galactic infrared cirrus (Soifer 1987, Annual Review of Astronomy & Astrophysics 25:187), and no such source has ever turned out to be a solar-system object.

Nonetheless, The Planet Nibiru goes on to say:

The United States Government squashed the story immediately! For some arcane top-secret reason the government doesn't want to alarm or panic the general public by disclosure of this discovery. Why? Because a race of super-beings inhabits that planet, and common knowledge of this fact would have people screaming in the streets.

Somehow the author of that page missed the following papers which reported the follow-up results for the eight galaxies out of the nine sources:

* Aaronson & Olszewski 1984, Nature 309:414. Six of the sources are high intensity IR galaxies.
* Antonucci & Olszewski 1985, Astronomical Journal 90:2203; 1986, Astronomical Journal 91:56. Resolved which galaxy was the counterpart of one IRAS source; measured or derived upper limits to angular sizes and obtained radio spectra of five galaxies.
* Houck et al. 1985, Astrophysical Journal Letters 290:L5. Six of the unidentified IRAS sources are ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies.

but that is probably understandable, since few non-astronomers read the technical astronomical literature, and since no press conference was held to announce those results. Even if a press conference had been held, it probably wouldn't have been published by the press anyway since this news wasn't nearly as exciting.

The amusing thing is that probably every one of those authors, and certainly myself as well, would much rather have these "mystery objects" turn out to be a solar-system object filled with life. (Although perhaps not inhabited by a race of "super-beings" - the fun would go out of science for us if we were hopelessly behind these "super-beings" in science abilities....) Further, I take no small amount of pleasure in being designated as part of a U.S. Government conspiracy to "squash" this delightful story!

And there’s this:
pseudoastro.wordpress.com...
Exposing PseudoAstronomy
November 3, 2009
Planet X and 2012: Why Gilbert Eriksen's "Wormwood" Won't Be Showing Up

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If it's a brown dwarf then you would need an IR telescope as it's only releasing heat/IR - no visible light. It might get some reflection off of our sun but it wouldn't be much as it would be too far away.

I'm always leery of claims like this. I wish I knew someone with a decent IR imager and a good-sized telescope.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by daz__

Do you really want to use Sorcha Faal as a source?

January 3, 2010

Whenever you see "Russian scientists" in a story, check the source.

no I'd think it would be better I didn't use that as a source.
thanks for pointing me in that direction..

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've found another reference to these Spanish scientists..
If anyone knows Andy Lloyd. The following is from his site.

A group of Spanish scientists have released details of a brown dwarf companion theory that is eerily reminiscent of the Dark Star theory. I think these guys wrote to me a while ago, but I had trouble verifying who they were. They might be putting forward original research that simply corroborates much of what I've claimed, or they might be relying quite heavily on my prior work. It's hard to say for sure. They identify the sub-BD (of almost 2 Jupiter masses) as being in Sagittarius, which I agree with. But at "60AU" this object is simply way too close. That's only twice the distance of Neptune!

Source

daz

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There is no conspiracy and no one is ‘holding back the truth’.
The Sun may be part of a binary system with such an object but the fact is there is no evidence to support this theory.
I cannot understand any of the so called ‘science’ behind these claims and that’s odd because I’m a lecturer in physics!
NASA and ESA haven’t published anything to back up any of these theories and that’s strange considering that between them they can call upon expertise and equipment that the rest of us can only dream about!
The article says “literally the binary theory of our Solar System is confirmed”, utter nonsense!
The article is just the fabrication of a fantasist that it seems has far too much time on their hands.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rokkettmann
There is no conspiracy and no one is ‘holding back the truth’.
The Sun may be part of a binary system with such an object but the fact is there is no evidence to support this theory.
I cannot understand any of the so called ‘science’ behind these claims and that’s odd because I’m a lecturer in physics!
NASA and ESA haven’t published anything to back up any of these theories and that’s strange considering that between them they can call upon expertise and equipment that the rest of us can only dream about!
The article says “literally the binary theory of our Solar System is confirmed”, utter nonsense!
The article is just the fabrication of a fantasist that it seems has far too much time on their hands.

I just reread through your post, 3 times.

Here's the funny thing:

- Everything you have said is entirely correct. But...

- That does not negate the posit being put forward, by this thread.

Honestly. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rokkettmann

There are a lot of forward thinking modern scientists who would not be surprised by what you have just said. they would claim that the reason you don't understand is because the information you have been thought is incorrect.

maybe or maybe we are not part of a binary system.
I for one don't believe NASA have all the answers.
The WISE explorer has been sent into space to answer such questions. Till I get more information I will be keeping an open mind on the subject.

daz

[edit on 31/1/2010 by daz__]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Google Sky knows about this comet. -26.413790° 148.272971°

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I've got a question? Just when it seems man is on the cusp to conquer anti gravity and get off this rock. A brown star appears to bring civilization to it's knees, like the story of Atlantis. So do think someone is trying to keep us trapped here to repeat civilization over and over again?

My hat goes off to you

Peace.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by Vicodin]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Now this I found interesting and just wanted to share. I believe Nibiiru and seen signs of its coming such as Pluto turning red in some areas like it was being rubbed up against. Also a strange chance of an asteroid strike between mars and jupiters in an x shape. But this is what I just wanted to place and this was at a UFO convention on a crop circle.

crop circle

Now Jean Dixon, the famous psychic back in 1976, predicted alien life forms will visit us. She thought it would be in 1977, but she wasn't too sure of the year, but was sure of the month.She said it would definitely be in August and in a major city. Just watched mysteries of the GODS documentary which was good.

anyways hats off to you guys for showing the truth.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by dragnet53]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join