It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have our Brown Dwarf, interacting with and Bombarding asteroids of Oort against Pluto and Jupiter

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Still i believe Nibiur Planet X is real.
I dont know why anyone is having hard believing that.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by randyvs

Our own fault.

The information is there (from NASA and others) if you look for it and know how to interpret it. It isn't hidden. The problem is that people don't want to do the work themselves and just accept what anyone says even if it doesn't make any sense. The more technological jargon included in the "explanation" the better.

All good advice, Phage - but, I noticed a few pages back you didn't have much to say about my (and GoldenFleece') discussion regarding the IGS' findings regarding the ice cores (think you were still in mid-argument about earthquake data - or is THIS what you were referring to as 'the more technical jargon the better'?!) - have you obtained your copy yet?:

116-120
Soluble impurities in four Antarctic ice cores over the last 30 000 years
Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas

Source: International Glaciological Society - www.igsoc.org...

Michel R. Legrand and Robert J. Delmas of Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Geophysique de l'Environment published an article "Soluble Impurities in Four Antarctic Ice Cores Over the Last 30,000 Years" in Annals of Glaciology (10, 1988, pp 116-120). They graphed the Oxygen 18 variations and the ionic components Na = NH (sub4) and Ca (sup 2) and H and Cl and NO (sub 3) and SO (sub 4). The time scale for each ionic component level as well as the O (sup 18) levels stretches back 30,000 years. The graph shows correlations to spikes at 5,200 BC, 8,800 BC, 12,400 BC, c. 16,000 BC, c. 19,600 BC. All of these were times of great geologic stress.

Would love your input.

(and, I was aware of right ascention & declination (was amused by that excerpt)

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

I think this is exactly what I'm talking about. While others might depend on and accept a second hand version of what is in the paper, I would prefer to see the paper (or at least an abstract) myself, rather than have someone else tell me what's in it, especially someone who makes claims such as:

The Flood of Noah, no doubt!

You provided the wrong source for your quote. The true source is here:
www.cassiopaea.org...

The paper can be found here:
www.sott.net...
It shows no such 3,600 year cycle and the authors make no mention of one. What is demonstrated is that during the last glacial period atmospheric aerosols were at much higher levels than at the present. Somehow I'm not surprised.

[edit on 12/13/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Anyone mentioned this yet?
en.wikipedia.org...
Its about a theroetical binary star partner to our star.
i dunno if its been mentioned cause i cba to read through 13 pages.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
First off, it seems that methane would most likely be related to space dust clouds, and the heat is what you get when they collide with other dust...I mean really fast! This happens obviously at the outer boundary of our protective solarsphere, which is right where they see this thermal disturbance.
You get comets from gas clouds/dust clouds that formed when the planet collided with earth long ago, leaving the asteroid belt behind, not that this would be it, but just pointing out this is common.

Next, the issue of gravity as well as magnetic axis shift in the solar-system. Consider a few points first ;
1.Gravity is a shared function that begins with the heaviest object in the solar system, the sun. It is attraction and repelling simultaneously, else the moon would have hit the earth, etc....etc....
2.this thermal disturbance may be nothing more than a cloud of methane gas heating up because it's nearing the sun enough to ignite the methane.
3.Planets move not just because of gravity, but magnetism from the sun. They failed to take this into account. Long distance gravity wave loops from our sun determine the shape of our solarsphere, which deflects masses of heavy radioactive plasma emanating from the galaxy arm/galaxy center. Need I say more?

Here is a great page full of facts about the earth and more, that EVERYONE should use to educate themselves with;

www.kent-hovind.com...
and my webpage, which has a few links which may be helpful as well;
www.mikezone.i8.com/main.html

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Not trying to take away from your POV, all of those things are Earthly issues. I will have to say yes to all. Looking at a wider perspective, Jesus could not effect changes here on Earth, till he became an earthling.

As to a cyclical event, God didn't change the event during the flood of Noah, the Exodus, or the extinction of dinosaurs. These are Galactical matters. These cyclical events will take place. Think of us(Earth) as a speck of dust on a cog in the mechanism controlling the Universe, and you might get an idea of what issues we are dealing with here.

As to creating our reality on Earth, that is in full force, and I agree with those statements. That is something we have always been able to do, if we had enough courage.

We might be able to affect changes, not allowing new serious impact strikes from stray debris, on the surface of Earth to be a part of this event making the coming event more serious than need be. This would be a worthy goal for a focused plan of action.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
IN a sense this is NOT new news...when i was a kid growing up the 80's i use to watch planet earth series* and taped em all. Thier was one on our solar system, sponsore by national geographic i belive.
Supposedly, thier is a star just outside the oort cloud, called Nemisis. Nemissi orbits around the oort cloud and solar system, knocking comets out of thier orbit around us as well, sending them curddling in towards the inner solar system.
To my knowledge, Nemisis, the death star as its also known as, has never officaly vbeen discovered.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I remember hearing of Nemesis as well, actually been a while since I've heard that name. Though yes as you have stated it is still just a theory and supposidly it is to coincide with mass extinctions.

Links:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.lbl.gov...
swanson.bol.ucla.edu...
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

P.S. To the people who read this I know wikipedia is not a viable source since it can be edited by anyone or so. So I went out and found a few more just in case

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmrmikee
First off, it seems that methane would most likely be related to space dust clouds, and the heat is what you get when they collide with other dust...I mean really fast! This happens obviously at the outer boundary of our protective solarsphere, which is right where they see this thermal disturbance.
You get comets from gas clouds/dust clouds that formed when the planet collided with earth long ago, leaving the asteroid belt behind, not that this would be it, but just pointing out this is common.

Next, the issue of gravity as well as magnetic axis shift in the solar-system. Consider a few points first ;
1.Gravity is a shared function that begins with the heaviest object in the solar system, the sun. It is attraction and repelling simultaneously, else the moon would have hit the earth, etc....etc....
2.this thermal disturbance may be nothing more than a cloud of methane gas heating up because it's nearing the sun enough to ignite the methane.
3.Planets move not just because of gravity, but magnetism from the sun. They failed to take this into account. Long distance gravity wave loops from our sun determine the shape of our solarsphere, which deflects masses of heavy radioactive plasma emanating from the galaxy arm/galaxy center. Need I say more?

Here is a great page full of facts about the earth and more, that EVERYONE should use to educate themselves with;

www.kent-hovind.com...
and my webpage, which has a few links which may be helpful as well;
www.mikezone.i8.com/main.html

To use the words "kent hovind" in a post in a thread that relates to scientific matters is so bad "it's not even wrong." Hovind is the worst sort of young earth creation science evangelist. Ignore for a moment that since November of 2006, he has been serving a 10 year sentence after being convicted of 58 different crimes.
I take it from your post that you are a believer. Gravity is described sololy by the equation Msub1*Msub2/d^2. How do you get a repelling force out of that? You may want your children taught the garbage promoted by Hovind and his sort of evolution and science denying creationist cretins. I'd prefer not to have my pacemaker made by someone who thinks pi is exactly 3.000 because that's what it says in the bible.
Yes, let's all learn science from an ex-con. We can ride dinosaurs to his school.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

That's because the original article is ONLY in Spanish. Someone used an online translator which normally suck, although more or less it tells you what they are saying.

You should have realised this just by looking at the syntax, and the fact that this group is from Spain.

These people didn't make the translation.

I am going to search a bit more about this, and see if I can find the article in Spanish. If anyone has it post it here please so I don't have to search for hours on end trying to find the original article.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Looking for something?

NASA launches infrared telescope to scan entire sky
By Brandon Griggs, CNN
December 14, 2009 10:28 a.m. EST

(CNN) -- NASA launched a new telescope into space on Monday to scan the cosmos for undiscovered objects, including asteroids and comets that might threaten Earth.

The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, spacecraft will employ an infrared camera to detect light- and heat-emitting objects that other orbiting telescopes, such as the Hubble, might miss.

WISE launched Monday at 9:09 a.m. ET aboard a Delta II rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The launch was postponed from Friday because of a problem with the motion of a booster steering engine.

The unmanned WISE will spend the next nine months in orbit, 326 miles above the Earth, mapping the universe in infrared light. Its lens eventually will cover the whole sky 1½ times, snapping a picture every 11 seconds.

"The last time we mapped the whole sky at these particular infrared wavelengths was 26 years ago," said Edward "Ned" Wright of UCLA, the principal investigator of the mission. He was referring to WISE's predecessor, the Infrared Astronomical Satellite, which launched in 1983 and discovered six comets.

"Infrared technology has come a long way since then," Wright said. "The old all-sky infrared pictures were like impressionist paintings -- now, we'll have images that look like actual photographs."

Watch video of the launch

The solar-powered WISE will not be the first infrared telescope in space. Two others -- NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope and the European Space Agency's Herschel Space Observatory -- also catalog images of the universe, although both focus on specific celestial objects instead of surveying the entire sky.

Mission leaders expect WISE to find hundreds of asteroids and comets with orbits that come close to crossing Earth's path. By measuring the objects' infrared light, the telescope also should help determine their size and composition -- data that may help astronomers learn how often Earth can expect to be struck by a hurtling asteroid.

"We can help protect our Earth by learning more about the diversity of potentially hazardous asteroids and comets," said Amy Mainzer, deputy project scientist for the $320 million mission at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

WISE also will be looking for dim stars called brown dwarfs and millions of far-away galaxies that are shrouded in dust and often can't be seen in visible light.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

heh - nice, GF. Way to close.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

I see where you're going with this.

NASA launches an IR satellite so it MUST be to look at Nubiru/planet X/whatever, right?

But what about the other IR satellites orbiting the planet? IRAS, AKARI and COBE to name a few.

These IR satellites have been orbiting the planet since the 70's. Are all these built to look at Nubiru/planet X/whatever too?

Or maybe the latest IR satellite was launched because of newer technology?

Oh and the mission will only last 10 months, so it's not going to be able to watch your Nubiru/planet X/whatever for very long, you'd think they'd have it up there closer to the supposed impact date wouldn't you......?

(waits for the cries of shill and disinfo)

[edit on 15/12/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow, debunkers just from posting a NASA orbiting infrared telescope article!

Now why should that be so upsetting?

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can." ...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

NASA BAFFLED BY UNEXPLAINED FORCE ACTING ON PROBES

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford
Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.
Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there. The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece to the puzzle of solar-system cyclic behavior. While searching for possible perturbations of the planets due to a tenth major planet or a dark massive solar companion (MSC), he discovered that the perihelia of the outer planets (orbital points closest to the sun) were being disturbed with an average period of 11.2 years. This is almost exactly the sunspot period of about 11 years ( or half the period of solar magnetic field reversals of about 22 years). He suggests two possibilities:
(1) Mutual resonance effects between the planets
(2) The effects of a massive solar companion.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Still i believe Nibiur Planet X is real.
I dont know why anyone is having hard believing that.

hahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It was recently reported by NewScientist that Gravity Probe B received an “F” from the U.S. Government and the project would receive no more funding. But after netting out the spacecraft and earth orbit motions the remaining signal was far larger than anyone expected. In fact, it is so large it either means there is some unforeseen problem with the gyros or that our sun is part of a binary star system.
The diagram on the right appeared in the 1987 edition of the "New Science and Invention Encyclopedia", published by H.S. Stuttman, Westport, Connecticut, USA.
The article was discussing the purpose of the Pioneer 10 & 11 space probes. Clearly shown is "Nemesis", a popular name for our sun's binary companion, a dead star. (Binary solar systems are apparently the rule in our galaxy, not the exception.)
Now, will someone please explain why this diagram clearly shows the approximate location of Planet X (a.k.a. the 10th or 12th Planet)? Planet X is presented as a matter of fact in this respected encyclopedia.
Some have suggested the paths of Pioneers 10 & 11 were chosen as to get a triangulated fix on Planet X, a suggestion this chart would support.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Distant star supernovae 41 thousand years ago cause rain of comets Richard Firestone US department of energy
…evidence found in stomach and lungs of the animals 13 thousand years ago The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Tomorrow's picture: The Local Bubble

Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.

the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Noaa tracking planet x
www.zetatalk.com...

IRAS object 1732+239)

CONSTANT COMET THREAT
Most scientists have presumed that these star crossings will lead to a shower of comets raining down on the Earth and the rest of the inner solar system. Some have even claimed to find evidence of periodic mass extinctions that might be explained by a single (as-yet-unidentified) star in an elliptical orbit around the sun.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join