It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Predicts Worst Winter Ever

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wow I'm almost certain I got a taste of this just two nights ago.

I even posted this.......

I knew I wasn't posting that for no reason. It is a great referrence for this
story. We are the coldest it's ever been here in Apple valley even as I write this it is freezing outside.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well for me up in Canada a winter of 40 below is nothing new and happens every year so its just going to be a regular winter for us as usual.
If it does get extremely cold then we are already used to the cold so it will be fairly easy to adapt to I think.

I second what somebody else said...The Farmers Almanac is where I look first.

For the record not last year but the year before we had almost 12 feet of snowfall.

www.cbc.ca...

With 357 centimetres of snow already this winter and more to come on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Ottawa seems on track to top the record 444.1 centimetres that fell in the winter of 1970-71.

The city has already recorded its second-largest snowfall ever.

For people who still think in the imperial system, that's almost 12 feet of snow.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Norsemen predicted such as well! Fimbulvetr - Fell Winter - 3 seasons in a row of frost, no summer in between!

Hm I wonder could they predict? Or is it more probable they just said what they SAW and knew it will happen again?!

Goes in cycles!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
I wonder if this will be as successful as Jesus' prediction in Matthew 16:28 KJV about the second coming occurring within the lifetime of his disciples?

Bunch of hokey hocus pocus if you ask me.

Reincarnation? perhaps?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
*rrriigghhhtt*

Its in the Bible so it must be true...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by genius/idoit

I can tell you this........ In 1978 in Columbus Ohio, snow was forcast. Everyone went to work and school as usual. Before the day was over Columbus was in the midst of a suprise blizzard. Some people were trapped in their offices for days. Unfortunately for me, my school Columbus State Community College was not closed. In the event that an instructer showed up....you had better be there too. I digress sorry. My point being that sometimes Blizzards are not always expected. In Ohio on Wednesday Dec 9th, where I am at least, only rain is expected with winds rangeing from 25 to 55 mph. I personally wouldnt be suprised to see a suprise blizzard. It has happened before.

Definitely on of the craziest winters.

I remember driving home from a funeral and got stuck in an alley... the alley was so icey, that my car stopped going forward and ended up sliding backward into traffic on High St. I thought we were going to run someone over by accident.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well it was predicted by the worldweekly news so will invest in suntan lotion and bikinis

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Do you mean a storm like this one?

Happening right now.

If Florida was to get a storm like we do every few weeks, they would be shut down for half a month.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/131ef83813e5.jpg[/atsimg]

I am going out in a few hours to shovel. Let the city plow all the damn snow in my driveway, than I can just shovel it out into the road. #es.

edit-hey your auto censor is not working.

[edit on 12/9/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Obviously you didn't notice Batboy at the top of the page of Weekly News.

I'm sure I got a couple of bibles laying around with a picture of Batboy on the front.

For goodness sake what complete rubbish, at the very least provide a couple of bible verses which make these claims .

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I don't know what your all concerned about -40 is a British summer special, normally is a bit chillier than that .
You lot wanna come over here and complain about the weather then, mind you thats all we can do about the weather COMPLAIN, we can't change it no matter how positive we all start thinking...

I thought about nice weather so hard I papped my kecks.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
I do believe that the end times are near. I also read another book that supports this winter being a rough one. These folks forecast the weather 2 years in advance and have an 80% accuracy rate. Yes, that is right - Farmer's Almanac. Prepare for a cold winter.

Yeah, you and the MILLIONS of others over the past 2000 years that also thought this. You see, year 1000 was supposed to be it. The END OF ALL TIMES. Many people committed vicious acts upon others and sacrifices and murders and suicides and on and on and on. Then many others woke up the next day and went "well crap, we're all still here. Guess we keep living on..."

As for this winter being the beginning of the end....well, you know what? I'll be one of those that hopefully wake up the next day with my family in tact and focus on living our lives and being happy.

I have learned over my many years here on this forum that for people to constantly live in that everlasting mindset of doom and destruction is simply NOT HEALTHY.

So, in essence you are right. Why? Because if you worry yourself enough (speaking to all that worry about this and not just singling out the poster I am replying to), you will get sick and probably die sooner than you should. So you are right. The end of all will be upon you.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
is is ridiculous people… seriously.. you need to get over all the fear in the world… we are all going to die somehow!
Now that the whole H1N1 calmed down, it’s about climate change and this hooooorible winter…. I live in Canada, and I’ve had a few horrible winters… so what?
You guys need to get over all this stupidity and stop making people paranoid for this phenomenon that we have seen and we have lived trough out history.
And seriously, when you have a source like the bible, a book which no one can agree to the meaning of each phrase…. It doesn’t sound right to ME… I don’t know about other people.
However, like someone said, the farmer’s almanac, now THAT IS a legitimate source and yes it is predicted to be a winter with a lot of snow.

So just get over your selves and just enjoy xmas, new years and maybe a few snow men…

Peace to all!! and.... merry xmas!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
guys this is not a real article
it is satire

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I hope you all realize that this is from weekly world news, one of the worst sources possible.

This is the post I was looking for.

I just surprised it took 14 posts to get to it!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
WOW FEAR MONGER MUCH ALL IT WAS MISSING IS THE FIRE AND BRIMSTONE FALLING FROM THE SKY

Every year some scientist or worse yet charleton predicts the supposeed worst season ever and it may be true this year will have to see but what you are claiming is nothing short of Hollywood fiction.

would make a great movie similar to the day after tommorow but with a god twist i might rent it otherwise im pretty sure hail the size of boulders is just complete exageration.

my two cents ya know

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Worst Winter ever?

Tell that to the Ice Age.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another Weekly World News infection is injected into ATS by an unsuspecting ATSer. Oh, when.....

Regarding the post about the coming of Jesus, He said He would come around now. The event to begin the countdown was the return of Israel (which happened around 1948). This generation (basically, the boomers) shall not pass away til all be fulfilled. Chew on that....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The recent cold winters are from the solar cycle and la nina
In fact one of the climate gate e-mails"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't," is by one of the scientists admiting that he thought climate change will cancel la nina and the sun cycle out. The procceding emails show that the other scientsts disagree.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This article is nonsense in my opinion.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm a Christian, but I don't think the Bible is meant to tell us about every bad thing that may happen.

Stuff happens, but the best we can do is be prepared for when it does. All of this looking around every corner for doomsday gets us nowhere. We should go and enjoy life while we can and make the most of our time on Earth. This is true regardless of what you think comes after our deaths.

Does it matter if we know that it's gonna hit the fan tomorrow? Is it worth wasting valuable time in your life looking for doomsday even though you'll almost certainly never get it right?

Now, don't get me wrong, I believe in trying to have foresight. But only in a clear, concrete method. Manipulating scripture so it means "doomsday" is a waste of time. And, of course, with all the manipulation already done by the Catholic Church, any original "bible code" would be in shambles by now anyway.

If anything, we should focus on scientific study of near-Earth asteroids, the Yellowstone Caldera, and the like. But still, living with doomsday on your mind all the time is a mistake.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join