It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone interpret my dream?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Last night I had one of the creepiest dreams ever. Normally I have dreams I really like, and that make me want to keep enjoying them when I wake up in the morning, but this time I couldn't wait to get outta bed.

There was this old lady, kind of like a demon stalker, who followed me everywhere. She could look at me, and I'd feel like these chills on my back.(It actually felt like it was real) and then when our eyes met, she looked so evil and I'd violently start shaking and become paralyzed.

I saw her like 5 times throughout my dream, until when I was riding in the car to the hospital and i looked out the window at the side of the rode, and she met my eyes again, being lead away by police.

Whatever my dream means, I have an old lady phobia now.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Haha creepy

Yeh there is something unsettling about old ladies isn't there.

It makes you wonder what dark secrets may be held within their purse's and knitting draws.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
are you having troubles with your significant other by any chance?

trust issues perhaps?

If you are a female, perhaps some disagreement with you mother?

[edit on 8-12-2009 by dashen]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

Exactly! They know too much, they should be taken out.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Dream interpretation is a moot effort when done out of context. The best person to analyse your dream is you. Think about things that are going on in your life now, and think about what you were doing before going to sleep that night.

Depending on when you were having the dream (REM vs non-REM sleep) it could be either your brain forming new paths and learning more about what it was learning before bed, or it could be your brain applying that information to possible future situations and becoming better at dealing with possibilities.

In the end, take the details and try to form your own associations. Don't rely on people across the globe to tell you about yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I don't have significant other, at the moment.
Someone mentioned before: I might have a "old creepy spirit" following me for revenge- whatever that should mean.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nymph

Well, I would hold off on the evil spirit thing. Try and think of what the old lady may represent in your life. Are you male or female?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nymph

Hi

(Again) Not sure where my last post went....? For a long time I studied Carl Jung - I assume (rightly or wrongly) that you are female, and that this is a symbol of age. (We guys don't have this problem - we just become more juvenille...)

If not female - then there is the Anima and Animus - the female part of a man and the male part of a woman....?

Just ideas.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nymph

Hi

(Again) Not sure where my last post went....? For a long time I studied Carl Jung - I assume (rightly or wrongly) that you are female, and that this is a symbol of age. (We guys don't have this problem - we just become more juvenille...)

If not female - then there is the Anima and Animus - the female part of a man and the male part of a woman....?

Just ideas.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori
Haha creepy

Yeh there is something unsettling about old ladies isn't there.

It makes you wonder what dark secrets may be held within their purse's and knitting draws.

Some old ladies could be packing a .357 in their purses and knitting drawers. Just how old does a woman have to be,to be labeled old?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nymph

It means you are going to die

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nymph
Last night I had one of the creepiest dreams ever. Normally I have dreams I really like, and that make me want to keep enjoying them when I wake up in the morning, but this time I couldn't wait to get outta bed.

There was this old lady, kind of like a demon stalker, who followed me everywhere. She could look at me, and I'd feel like these chills on my back.(It actually felt like it was real) and then when our eyes met, she looked so evil and I'd violently start shaking and become paralyzed.

I saw her like 5 times throughout my dream, until when I was riding in the car to the hospital and i looked out the window at the side of the rode, and she met my eyes again, being lead away by police.

LOL@ old lady phobia.

Sometimes our fears about the future are only intensified as we see others who are reaching the end of their journey. We consider goals that have been left undone, things we've procrastinated on or something that is losing time. What could be trying to get your attention? What is running out of time that you should place your concentration on? It paralysed you-wanting you to stop and notice it. Our fear of things changing and coming to an end is natural. The elderly are at this point in time where things are ready to settle down, be ready to pass on to the next life. Are you ready for changes in your life? Are you ready for the next phase-whatever that may be? Do you have unfinished business hat should be done now?

These are my thoughts, but always go with what your heart and intuition tell you is right.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
*double posted*

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Zerra]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SorensDespair

I used to interpret my helpers dream's while we drove to the job site in the morning.
Just as you recommend in your post.
It always worked out. I would ask about how thing were going with their girlfriends, what they watched on TV.
Did they have any unusual phone conversations. The pieces always came together. Just jog the memory, like remembering where you left your keys.
Drink a six pack before bed time and you won't remember your dreams.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Don't fear old ladies, they are usually sweet and loving. Your dream may represent some negative influence from your past that you are trying to deal with. It could be from a female source but whatever it is, it has had negative effects on your life.

I believe it was Freud that said every character in your dream is some aspect of yourself from your subconsious. So the old lady probably is a symbol for something within you.

Hope that's helpful.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Had you watched the trailer for Legion recently? The old lady in that is proper freaky!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It sound to me like you have some unfinished work or you are procrastinating on something you need to do but really don't want to. And your dream is a reminder that it will follow you ubtil it is finished or it can get very ugly for you if you don't.

Does that sound right?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111

It sound to me like you have some unfinished work or you are procrastinating on something you need to do but really don't want to. And your dream is a reminder that it will follow you ubtil it is finished or it can get very ugly for you if you don't.

Does that sound right?

Don't know how the OP feels, but that sounds like a great interpretation if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sagestranger

Thank you, I am pretty good at this, I like doing it for my wife all the time!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nymph

If you had killed some one, it would be an avenger of blood, say widow whose last son had been killed. A lot depends on whether the 'evil' in the eye was personal revenge, personal hate, or general, as in hate for all, and you just happened to see it yourself.

That the police were leading her away would be an indication of general despite, enough for the police to notice and consider dangerous. As long as you are not a killer, I wouldn't worry about it much. There is much pain experienced by people in the world, and seeking of revenge which can lead to hate and dealing of destruction. If these feelings took form, they would appear like this old lady. There is yet some restraint, but you have seen and felt what violence can lead to.

I'm assuming you work at the hospital, so that would indicate, as you go about your normal routine, some one else takes care of it. Happy ending actually.

[edit on 14-12-2009 by pthena]

top topics

join