It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Pecking Away At Individual Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Video Camera Flashlights to be Used by Local City Police

This story has been circulating lately in my neck of the woods. It has caused quite a stir and has many writing in, voicing their concerns about privacy and civil rights. A lawyer even commented on how the use in and around a persons vehicle would be strictly illegal as a persons vehicle is an extension of their homes.

The story is how MADD (mothers against drunk drivers) is wanting to help subsidize the purchase of additional video camera flashlights for the local police force. While the cause of fighting drunk driving is a just one, these means do seem wide open to blatant abuse and inappropriate use and add to the seemingly constant erosion of an individual's civil rights. I certainly don't trust my local police force nor do I like the idea of them being able to peep and record at their leisure.

Have any States already addressed this type of infringement? Any thoughts?

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
A lawyer even commented on how the use in and around a persons vehicle would be strictly illegal as a persons vehicle is an extension of their homes.

that "lawyer" is wrong, please show us the law that states that

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, I will simply greet every officer I meet with "I do not agree to be or release you to video tape me in any way". That oughta cover it.

I do have to wonder, though, how this will combat drunken driving at all....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I guess the lawyer meant it would count as unlawful access to ones home or vehicle??

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This would clearly constitute an illegal search of the vehicle. I guess you could install some Ultraviolet LED's around your vehicle windows so that it would blind the camera.

new topics

top topics

join