It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Richard Branson unviels SpaceShipTwo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Sir Richard Branson unviels SpaceShipTwo

se7enmagazine.com

"This is truly a momentous day. The team has created not only a world first but also a work of art. The unveil of SS2 takes the Virgin Galactic vision to the next level and continues to provide tangible evidence that this ambitious project is not only moving rapidly, but also making tremendous progress towards our goal of safe commercial operation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.virgingalactic.com
www.channel4.com

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Looks like Dick Branson really cares about the elites agenda for "climate change". Branson says: "70 percent of a spaceflight's CO2 emissions would come from mother ship Eve, which must carry SpaceShipTwo into the stratosphere". Yet he gives no details of how much co2 emissions his spaceship will produce.

...and they TAX us and keep his data secret?

se7enmagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I dunno, I thought it was cheery news. You got to love this guy. His attitude is the right one. Not sure how he is as a person, or what his plans are for his empire, but the stuff he's doing so far is improving the quality of life for simple folk. We got an improved trains in UK from Virgin, so maybe in a few years time we fly to the Moon, finally

Now, of course the ticket prices are not for simple folk yet, but you gotta make your money back, right? All the best to the filthy rich amateur astronauts.

It does remind me scenes from Firefly series though... all this technology and loads of people live below the decency line. But still sci-fi Enterprise is coming true, that's gotta be a good news, especially since Branson is going to give away a free ticket every year

More on this:

Richard Branson unveils Virgin Galactic's commercial spaceship Enterprise (photos)
and the article
Branson's latest flight of fancy
British DJs apply for first space gig
Beam us up Richard … VSS Enterprise ready for space passengers in 2011 (from Scotty
)

Branson rocket has 'lift-off' (and video)
Countdown to zero gravity for the masses: Virgin Galactic unveils SpaceShipTwo, world's first ever commercial passenger spaceship (and pictures)

Video from Al Jazera English:

Video from KRQE:

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mushibrain

Firefly is great. Anyway,i think the price isn't actually "that" expensive. Ok i could never afford it but when we think it's the first ever venture into commercial space travel..i think it's a bargain and we should see the price fall dramatically over the years if it's a success.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Firefly is great. Anyway,i think the price isn't actually "that" expensive. Ok i could never afford it but when we think it's the first ever venture into commercial space travel..i think it's a bargain and we should see the price fall dramatically over the years if it's a success.

I agree. Also at least he is spending ritches on something cool

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah, maybe after a few years they will have a "quota" for the poor.
Maybe the less fortunate will be able to take a ride for $75,000. No weightless time included however.

In any case, good thread! S&F

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Yeah, maybe after a few years they will have a "quota" for the poor.
Maybe the less fortunate will be able to take a ride for $75,000. No weightless time included however.

In any case, good thread! S&F

Sure, $75K is not going to be much of a wealth very soon
I am less pessimistic about it, ladyinwaiting. This kind of business model worked for some time, first the kings and dukes pay for the luxury of novelty, then money is used to sell the product to the peasants much cheaper.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hm, maybe so. He could have an ATS day with a fleet at a reduced rate!
We'd all be lined up. I would love to see our planet in all it's magnificent beauty, from space. What a thrill and a joy that would be!

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know this is an old thread, and considered making a new one for this news from a month ago, but thought better and added it to this thread.

On July 15, 2010 a move towards solo flights was made by the crew of the VSS Enterprise. It seems they are getting closer now as they have finally flown a crew up in the VSS Enterprise, though it remained attached to VMS Eve for the entire flight. Though they only tested the systems and functions of the spaceship, it is a bold step in moving forward.

A link to the article: www.virgingalactic.com...

top topics

join