It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will the Universe End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
slate.msn.com...

To me this is a very interesting read. It raises a few questions and also may give some explanation to some of the threads posted here at ATS.

1. The first point that I will raise is on a Multiple Universe theory and the Big Bang theory and how they could be related. (These are my own ideas. I am not a scientist. Just throwing my ideas out there).

In the article they talk about the "Big Chill" theory which in layman terms essentially means that as the universe expands it is slowing down on a molecular scale and eventually will do so until everything comes to freezing halt. Thought, motion, our existence, everything will stop.

Now bear with me here. If there are multiple universes, and one of the big bangs was close enough to the Big Chill point of another and all of the frozen material was hit by lets say a very fast moving rock. Could this be the start of a new universe? It would basically be a chain reaction of exploding universes.

2. They also talk about "Plasma Clouds" in which we (our mental state) could survive even after protons start to decay. I have seen several posts that talk about the human race evolving into a higher state of being. Is this the explanation to this phenomenon?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How about this theory...... Where is the missing anti-matter?
Well, maybe a different universe... Well, maybe they are both expanding and will one day touch..... Well, the rest is history...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Kata, I don't mean too pick at your message but according too the "Chaos Theory", which is taught in every Physics class around the world at advanced level, the universe at a molecular level is growing more and more disordered thus cause more heat to be produced and infact the opposite of your message will happen and the Universe will heat up. Maybe I am getting the wrong end of the stick but from what I understand your theory is wrong.

Wait i just need too add that this theory of Chaos has yet to be proven wrong and in every case is correct except one, Evolution.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by ReLEx]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the input. Like I said, I'm no scientist, just going by what I have read in the article and wanted to get your thoughts. By the way do you know of any links that explain what you mentioned?

Thanks again,
Kata.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
do we even know what the universe is? I say we figure it out before we think about how its gonna end. But I guess we can just work backwards.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
thats an interesting thought.

Personally (and like you, I am no scientist) I believe that there is a finite amount of matter in the universe. this will expand out (hence the "red shift" of the universe) and then contract again into a single point a la the big bang.

From what I have seen, EVERYTHING in this universe works in cycles, from the stockmarket and economy, to seasons of the year, to human behavior. So I would imagine that there is some sort of cycle to our universe as well.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
How will the Universe end?

With a *Bang*and lots of Champange

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I believe we will end up in a big chill...or a big rip...or a big crunch its all a matter of how much dark energy is in the universe and wether its getting stronger with time, staying the same, or getting weaker. If dark energy is getting stronger then the most likely result is the Big Rip. If its getting weaker the the Big Crunch. Well those are the main theories right now. What do you guys think about the NEW age of the universe that Cosmologists are saying? Heres the links...
Universe could be 1 Billion Years older than last estimate...
Universe could be over 70 Billion Lightyears across...

Two different reports and two different answers..I thought we had the Age of the universe settled.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

- TS Elliot

top topics

join