It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google chief: Only miscreants worry about net privacy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So, if you worry about your privacy on the Internet, you must be a "miscreant".

Miscreant:

mis⋅cre⋅ant [mis-kree-uhnt] Show IPA Use miscreant in a Sentence –adjective
1. depraved, villainous, or base.
2. Archaic. holding a false or unorthodox religious belief; heretical. –noun
3. A vicious or depraved person; villain.
4. Archaic. a heretic or infidel. Origin: 1350–1400; ME < MF mescreant unbelieving, equiv. to mes- mis- 1 + creant ≪ L crēdent- credent

Just wanted to make clear what the Google Executive means, exactly, when he says that only "Miscreants" worry about internet privacy.

If you're concerned about Google retaining your personal data, then you must be doing something you shouldn't be doing. At least that's the word from Google CEO Eric Schmidt.

"If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place," Schmidt tells CNBC, sparking howls of incredulity from the likes of Gawker.

It Gets Better.....

But the bigger news may be that Schmidt has actually admitted there are cases where the search giant is forced to release your personal data.

Wait, Wait for it.......................

There's also the possibility of subpoenas. And hacks. But if any of this bothers you, you should be ashamed of yourself. According to Eric Schmidt.

Nice huh...?

Source Article

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Rhetoric]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The people who want to collect and sell our information consider us depraved for not wanting them to do it. We really do live in the Orwellian future.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of skeletons are in this guys closet? What is funny is I stopped using Google sometime last week before they announced this so if you want to call me a "miscreant" for wanting to keep my private life private then I will just stop using your services.

Bunch of bull crap I was looking at one of those new android phones too, but Google you just lost a customer.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
mmmm same here! lets start our own search engine giant! and never sell out!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hi, search-engine fans.

There you are:

IXQUICK SEARCH:
us2.ixquick.com...

Let's "support/use" this one.
The use of "" works with them.
And they say: NOT registering out IP.

I also use

CUIL SEARCH
www.cuil.com...
Not sure about "" working. . .

At their start, Google was a VERY fast and nice Linux program,
running on a Linux Apache machine. Around 1998-99.
Now? It's a big fat cow, for $$$$$ only !

Blue skies.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I use to use IxQuick search, but found that it loaded slow. To bad they don't release manuals for their search engines. As long as the alogorithms are robust you should be able to find anything on the web that is open to be searched.

It seems though the IxQuick has sped up their load times though.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I bet if his financial / medical records where posted and released he would be singing a different tune. I want internet privacy. What do I use the internet for? Well gaming and ats mostly. I must be a miscreant!

If I am ashamed of anything it's that this man breathes the same air as I do.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by DaMod]

top topics

join