It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student F1 visa a major violation to human rights!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
and I have to listen to my girlfriend histerically cry every day, because she can't afford a car and has to ride a bike in the freezing rain and snow. It's heartbreaking.

Why dont you give her a car then? has she asked the UN for a car?

Have you ever dealt with immigration? I won't speak for all but the ones we have dealt with are heartless.

I take it they are heartless as they also refuse to give her a car.

So you want us to lobby the UN to change the Declaration on Human Rights to include "Every student must be given a free car, as they do not like the snow and rain"?

Your girlfriend "forgot" this little part of her visa
Proof of Funds

A prospective foreign student is required to demonstrate Proof of Availability of Funds when he applies for F-1 student visa in or outside of the United States. USCIS or an Officer at the local US Embassy need to be sure that the student can live in the US and pay his tuition without working, which is permitted for foreign students only under rare circumstances.

So why didnt she ensure she had enough for a car? She can by a car for less than $1000

[edit on 8-12-2009 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sgrrsh26
Ok so when a country sets a rule that all Jews should be rounded up and killed, it's ok because it's the countries rules right?
I know the 2 greatly vary in contrast but your saying basically the same thing

Ladies and gentlemen, this thread has been Godwinned. As such, sgrrsh26 automatically loses the argument. Take care, all!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You're part right. I think that is kinda harsh rule to have but it's still something your girl has agreed to. It's not something tyranically imposed on helpless victims. I do also understand the logic behind it, it wouldn't be nice to have everyone getting student licenses only to find work.
Also this doesn't apply to the 10% americans without a job that someone said. They're free to get one any time if they can find one. As far I know there is no law/rule that says that they're not allowed to work.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Going to college without income seems to be the typical story for people "struggling" through it.. I call it foolish and greedy, and they may also fall into the lazy category.

Get a job to stabilize yourself before you run off and make such decisions imo. Good luck finding that "150k" a year job you feel you deserve.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think you should set up a foundation or charity and see how much money you can collect.

As others have stated, it sounds like it really sucks for her.

But I bet she has it 5000% better than a hell of a lot of individuals in the world.

JEEZ, cry me a river.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I think you should set up a foundation or charity and see how much money you can collect.

Just don't get pissed off at Americans and start calling them all Bigots when you realize nobody wants to donate to such a fruitless charity.

"Please donate to my girlfriend whose family had enough money to send her to America to study abroad"

Nice pitch line.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
How about she gets a job in Russia?

When Americans are employed again I'll start worrying about the foreigners getting jobs.

Sorry to sound cold, but jobs here should go to Americans first.

Such as Mexicans? They are americans too, yah know.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

So are Canadians...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by moniker

So are Canadians...

Plenty of "ians" are Americans.

The point he was trying to make, that you are willfully ignoring, is American CITIZENS.

The other point you're missing is that she CAN get a job - she CAN work 20 hours a week.

That means she can work Friday, Saturday, And Sunday. 8 hours, 8 hours, and a 1/2 day of four hours.

Thats a typical part time job that millions of kids her age do every year. Any more than that and she cannot properly concentrate on school.

Its no different than telling a 20 year old (you are not mature enough to drink alcohol) so they have to wait till 21.

Oppression? No. Its just rules.

Everyone abides by them. Why should your foreign exchange student girlfriend be any different?

All you are doing is looking for something to gripe about.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When rules are bad there has to be voices rebelling against them or they will never change? If you disagree fine but allow people to voice their opinion freely please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join