It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remarkable words by Reagan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No, this is not aboput his famous words in front of the United Nations. I don't know when he said this, none the less it is very interesting.

"Our unshakable root deep all encompassing skepticism about the capital's city's answer to the UFO, that bizarre ever tottering but ever flickering saucer in the sky, called the prevailing Washington wisdom""

What's that supposed to mean?
Here you can see him and others talking about UFOs, Reagan's words can be heard at around 4:17.

(click to open player in new window)

The video includes also
Truman,
Carter,
Reagan,
Bush sr,
and Clinton.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Regenstorm]

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Regenstorm]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hello there.
Odd little bit of TV. There are times when I dream of a History Channel that actually broadcast history.

For instance, George Bush was not Jimmy Carter's CIA Director, that was Stansfield Turner. Bush was Ford's director and he left the office in 1977 so chances are he never briefed Carter on anything like this. Carter would have been getting briefings from his own people.

Also, all of the quotes here actually speak against the point I think the broadcast is trying to make. Every president here is using the UFO phenomenon to point out the unlikeliness of something happening.

Except Carter. The only place the HC gets it right is on Carter's own UFO report. It was, and remains the only such presidential admission (that I know of) and it happened before he became President.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Very interesting video, thanks

Ronald Reagans Obsession With An Alien Invasion

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Watch a funny true video :

Can you proov or debunk this video : no.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"Can you proov or debunk this video : no."

Absolutely and with ease I might add. Nothing is behind the President. It is reflections of people in front of the President lol. And the reflections are distorted. Funny, seems kinda of obvious I would think. People really think this is a grey? Well, that would explain some of the posts here on ATS.
Vance

Edit to help Regenstorm put this quote back in context by finishing it.

Regenstorm quote:

"Our unshakable root deep all encompassing skepticism about the capital's city's answer to the UFO, that bizarre ever tottering but ever flickering saucer in the sky"

Actual quote:

"Our unshakable root deep all encompassing skepticism about the capital's city's answer to the UFO, that bizarre ever tottering but ever flickering saucer in the sky - known as wisdom. "

Glad to have helped,
Vance

[edit on 12-8-2009 by vance]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs
Hello there.
Odd little bit of TV. There are times when I dream of a History Channel that actually broadcast history.

For instance, George Bush was not Jimmy Carter's CIA Director, that was Stansfield Turner. Bush was Ford's director and he left the office in 1977 so chances are he never briefed Carter on anything like this. Carter would have been getting briefings from his own people.

Also, all of the quotes here actually speak against the point I think the broadcast is trying to make. Every president here is using the UFO phenomenon to point out the unlikeliness of something happening.

Except Carter. The only place the HC gets it right is on Carter's own UFO report. It was, and remains the only such presidential admission (that I know of) and it happened before he became President.

Great point about Bush Sr.

Reagan is on record that he saw a ufo from the cabin of a private plane while he was governor of California.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

No this is not a reflection if you understand what is a diffraction.

This is statistically impossible to get such a reflection acting like a body will. (very unprobable)

So i say there is a chance this is true. ( not 100%)

The best way to hide something is to display it in front of you : and nobody cares.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

"Our unshakable root deep all encompassing skepticism about the capital's city's answer to the UFO, that bizarre ever tottering but ever flickering saucer in the sky"

What's that supposed to mean?

"in the sky, called the prevailing Washington wisdom"

Sounds like he's alluding to a Washington cover up. I for one certainly think Reagan was aware of the true aspect of the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Thanks for the add, I forgot it. I thought I had the entire sentence.

I sounds indeed like a cover up of which he knew a little. Probably because of his own interest after his own sighting. Maybe he got a lot of resistance after he started to ask questions.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs

Bush gave national security briefings to Jimmy Carter both as a Presidential candidate and as President-elect, and discussed the possibility of remaining in that position in a Carter administration but it was not to be.
en.wikipedia.org...

A little research before posting would help your case rather than hurt it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Did not know this about Reagan. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Great point about Bush Sr.

I've already shown where this wasn't a great point about Bush Sr.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great, yet another out of context statement taken in an attempt to prove that Washington is in on the big secret.

Reagan was talking about conservatives and liberals.
He was comparing liberal ideology ("The Prevailing Washington Wisdom") to UFOs and the conservatives to skeptics.

Here's a bit more of the context but it would be even more enlightening to read the whole speech.

Well, we conservatives have been in Washington now for a while and we occasionally need to remind ourselves what brought us here in the first place: our unshakable, root-deep, all-encompassing skepticism about the capital city's answer to the UFO, that bizarre, ever-tottering but ever-flickering saucer in the sky called "The Prevailing Washington Wisdom."

And, right now, some of the Potomac seers are saying we con-servatives are tired; or they're saying we don't have a candi-date, some of those candidates in the other party saying how easy it's going to be to win the presidency for their liberal agenda because they can run on, of all things, this administration's economic record. Boy, have I got news for them. They're seeing flying saucers again. I've even got a quote for them. It's from Napoleon-the morning of Waterloo—at breakfast with his generals. This is true. He said, "I tell you what—Wellington is a bad general. The English are bad trips. We'll settle the matter by lunchtime."

www.conservative.org...

[edit on 12/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by psychederic

I don't think it's impossible because it's a reflection. Believe me I wish it were an alien. However what makes more sense? An extraterrestrial in plain view at a White House press conference or a reflection? Look at how the shape off the "head" and "eyes" change as Bush moves from side to side. Or maybe it behaved like a body because it's a reflection of one in the crowd?

[edit on 8-12-2009 by AvidWatcher]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AvidWatcher

Thanks Avidwatcher,
It was my hope that it was indeed quite obvious too say more than me and I am not just arrogant lol!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Most of the time when my gut feeling says someone is lying, he or she is lying. Who else has the same feeling seeing Truman's reaction when asked if the government is withholding evidence?

new topics

top topics

join