It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Executes Inmate Using Single Drug Method

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
that is where the phrase has it's origins, the "eye for an eye" in the Bible- this principle is then quoted and amended by people well after it's origins, we can KEN the meaning, KEN we?

That may be where you first heard it, sir, but that's not where it "has it's origins."

AYE EYE CAPTAIN IT DOES

You can be a bible literalist if you want..........

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

THAT IS THE ORIGINS SIR

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

No, we have had this discussion before- my comments relate to your equating execution with the act of murder

Please quote the post where I equated execution to murder. I bet you cannot.

I will not allow this thread to be derailed any further by your trollish, hypocritical attempts to make me look like some form of monster. You want REAL monsters? Look at the methods of execution suggested by supposed "upstanding members of society" in this thread. They claim to be better than the criminal and yet their dark and twisted suggestions for methods of execution prove that they share the same horrible thoughts as the executed man - and therefore are no better than him.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Also, please explain how you can say this:

don't get me wrong, if it was my loved one that was murdered, Id be happy to torture the murderer to death myself

and then this:

I prefer to keep the execution clinical and therefore would not approve of the methods mentioned

Can you explain how this is not hypocritical please? No really, I'm extremely interested to hear your take on this.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

No, we have had this discussion before- my comments relate to your equating execution with the act of murder

Please quote the post where I equated execution to murder. I bet you cannot.

I will not allow this thread to be derailed any further by your trollish, hypocritical attempts to make me look like some form of monstor. You want REAL monstors? Look at the methods of execution suggested by supposed "upstanding members of society" in this thread. They claim to be better than the criminal and yet their dark and twisted suggestions for methods of execution prove that they share the same horrible thoughts as the executed man - and therefore are no better than him.

First of all, save your hysterics for your doctor.

Now, let us look at the second page

wantsome says

"Murder is murder wether its in cold blood or an act of revenge. I dispise the pro death pentalty people as much if not more the people convicted. Because thier selfrichous hypocrits that condone murder"

you say

"Good point, thankyou for sharing "

PAGE 11
you say

"Which is wrong and hypocritical. Murdering the murderer solves nothing but emotional satisfaction for the victims family."

there ya go

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Also, please explain how you can say this:

don't get me wrong, if it was my loved one that was murdered, Id be happy to torture the murderer to death myself

and then this:

I prefer to keep the execution clinical and therefore would not approve of the methods mentioned

Can you explain how this is not hypocritical please? No really, I'm extremely interested to hear your take on this.

Very easy

* If a loved one died, I personally would like to torture the murderer to death
* I do not support torture as a form of state execution
* Therefore if I carried out the first point, I would be happy to take the punishment the state sees fit

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

* If a loved one died, I personally would like to torture the murderer to death
* I do not support torture as a form of state execution
* Therefore if I carried out the first point, I would be happy to take the punishment the state sees fit

If you are admit you would be happy to perform a horrible, torturous act on another human being (regardless of why) then that makes you a hypocrite and no better than the man executed.

And I seriously doubt you would happily let the state execute you.

Thankyou for proving my point.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The problem with the death penalty is that you can almost never be 100% sure the person is guilty. Innocent people have been put to death and that in itself is murder. That is why the death penalty cannot be justified. The deliberate killing of an innocent person is by definition murder, and if we kill even a single innocent person by death penalty then we all become murderers and we all deserve to be put to death.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosko

Now that is a point of view worth starring

Well said Sir, thankyou for your injection of logic and reason into this insanity.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

what a retarded world view- equating the execution of a murderer as the same as the act of the original murder itself- that it is the view of someone without a moral comparss.

Mate, read my post again. That's not what I said. And to suggest it's retarded is rather..well, childish, is it not?

I said the people who are calling for 'justice' and are appauled at the violent act of the murdered but then want him to die in a gruesome, horrible way, are themselves exhibiting the same level of human disregard.

I'm not against capital punishment/execution. I'm all for it. When it we're sure it's right and just - Bosko made an excellent point which I forgot to mention myself. But if it has to be done - then do it humanely and without emotion or bitterness. Make it quick and make it clean.

We are executing an individual because his behaviour was so out of line with our social norms and laws that the ONLY possible course of action was to end his life for our own safety. That's a fairly logical and rational decision.

But what some of the scum here were suggesting - "raping him", "injecting acid" and other frighteningly sick ways to kill him were, in my opinion, no better than what he himself did.

Bit like saying we shouldn't lock up kidnappers "COS WE WUD BE NO BETTER"

No, no - not even close. You're trying to mix the meaning into your own extreme. Kidnapping cmpared to murdering someone and then dissecting the corpse are two *slightly* different mental states.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Some cited this was "human experimentation". I disagree, this man was a monster for what he did to that young lady.
Well, in the interests of debate, I must point out that this argument is a non sequitur. It is the same as saying, "Some people cite extramarital sex as adultery. I disagree: my wife was pregnant at the time."

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And you people claim to be any better than the man who performed the horrible deed? How disgusting. How totally, completely and utterly disgusting.
I agree completely.
What strikes me as ironic is that these would-be-torturers have such a degree of nebulous anger that they feel compelled to vent it towards a 'legitimate' target & yet fail to grasp the connection between the societal dysfunction, of which their own anger is a symptom, & the horrendous acts committed when somebody else loses the plot for the same reasons. Score another point for dehumanisation I suppose.
I would never do [insert crime] because I'm not a criminal. There is nothing that could make me lose the plot... yet. [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I find your lack of moral compass disgusting, equating execution of a murderer as the same as the original act of murder
What a filth and degenerate view
Both this @Kryties & your reply to noonebutme are strawman arguments. It is quite clear that their comments were aimed at calls for torture, not execution per se, since neither mentioned execution at all. Its a common enough tactic online, so I'm a little suprised you didn't manage to drag Hitler into it somehow :s
That said, you obviously have a grasp of english, so we are forced to 1 of 3 conclusions: either you didn't understand what was plainly written, or you did & ignored it. So which is it, sir? Are you an idiot-savant who can type but not comprehend the words of others, or is your own moral compass so faulty that you dont consider dishonesty bad? Or is it simply that you are a hypocrit?
A straight answer would be appreciated

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There are literally painless ways to execute a human being. These include carbon monoxide poisoning and hypoxia. The only reason we choose not to utilize these methods is due to the fact that it does not painfully punish the offender, and in the case of hypoxia it actually creates a euphoric death experience.

I am personally against the death penalty, as it does not deter crime, nor does it teach the offender a lesson as they will be far too dead to apply what they have learned. It also makes society no better than the criminal. Those who cheer on such executions and who petition for more painful, gruesome, grotesque or utterly inhumane forms of death literally have the same, if not worse, mindset than those convicted of the crimes.

Death penalties are nothing more than a late term abortion of real human life. I suppose once science is able to genetically map fetuses and they are able to predict which will become violent criminals, we should then advocate for the abortion of those fetuses, as by letting them be born and live we are risking the life or wellbeing of someone else.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
above poster (DJM8507) makes a great point, and to reiterate, the death penalty & the publics support of it, is more or less a modernised version of sacrifice, but more like public hangings.....

I wonder how many of these torture hungry posters would've enjoyed being at the 'torture to death' scene at the end of brave heart, but for real. Funnily enough, these same post-authors, would probably look at the audience cheering on the torture at the end of braveheart and say things like 'oh those people are disgusting, how could they get there kicks watching that kind of thing...how primative..blah" whilst simultaneously supporting a painful death penalty & failing to see that if we wound back the clock to braveheart era, they would be those very same ass-hats cheering as the executioner disembowelled Mel Gibson.

-B.M

[edit on 10/12/09 by B.Morrison]

[edit on 10/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
On the subject of capital punishment, I agree with Bosko. However, for backward societies which insist on it, there is a method which is 100% effective & painless: hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) in a nitrogen atmosphere. Here's a link that talks about former UK MP Michael Portillo's investigation of various methods of execution for the BBC program Horizon:
www.dailymail.co.uk...
I'm pretty sure the whole program is on YouTube also.
Speaking to US proponents of the death penalty, his discovery of hypoxia as a humane killing method is dismissed on the grounds that the convicted may feel euphoric just before they pass out & then die. Well, there's a simple solution then, isn't there? Knock them out with something chemical 1st, like the fast acting sedative Hypnoval, & then apply a breathing mask supplying pure nitrogen.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So lets see. In 2 pages of this thread so far we have had suggestions for a method of execution of this man such as:

- Firing Squad,

- inject the condemned with some kind of acid,

- take his stuff, attempt to rape him, and then dismember him and spread his body around a couple states,

- beaten attempted to rape him and cut him up into pieces (Im not saying it should be "slow" but a couple mins of pain before death i would see as acceptable)

- wrapped in barbed wire, attatched to the hitchrope of two trucks, and to have those trucks INCH forward bit by bit, just so hes sure when the end comes,

- execute them by a hand gun to the head,

- willing people should line up and try to rape him with long sticks. If he resist it would be deemed as failed attempt, after which they would move on to knives and scatter his body around the prison garden to compost and feed the trees and grass,

- Pushing him off a tall building,

- sell lottery tickets to be the lucky person to actually inject the bastard (or shoot, or whatever),

- how about shove a piece of pvc up his behind put barbed wire in it then pull the pipe out leaving the wire in him and dump him off naked in the woods somewhere in a snowfield

And you people claim to be any better than the man who performed the horrible deed? How disgusting. How totally, completely and utterly disgusting.

Damn you godloving hippies. I would like to see how your opinion changes after someone like the man discussed in the op decides to pay a friendly visit to your sister or mother?

I have empathy, i FEEL for the victim, i FEEL for his family. You feel sorry for the criminal. As they say, people have trouble understanding something until it something literally demonstrates what he means by shoving it unmercifully where the sun does not shine.

An eye for an eye when someone acts on purpose is the only just way to handle things. Killing someone in an accident by eg. driving over is a totally other business, severe, yes because you have taken a life but grounds for execution or life in prison? no.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by above]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum not execution per se,

Cut out the rest of your ridiculous attempts at smart arsery- read above, he specifically called the execution of a murderer, murder- so "per se", it is the act of execution in his eyes

Happy to help, for further consultation and development I will be charging a fee though

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutmeMate, read my post again. That's not what I said. And to suggest it's retarded is rather..well, childish, is it not?

I said the people who are calling for 'justice' and are appauled at the violent act of the murdered but then want him to die in a gruesome, horrible way, are themselves exhibiting the same level of human disregard.

I'm not against capital punishment/execution. I'm all for it. When it we're sure it's right and just - Bosko made an excellent point which I forgot to mention myself. But if it has to be done - then do it humanely and without emotion or bitterness. Make it quick and make it clean.

We are executing an individual because his behaviour was so out of line with our social norms and laws that the ONLY possible course of action was to end his life for our own safety. That's a fairly logical and rational decision.

But what some of the scum here were suggesting - "raping him", "injecting acid" and other frighteningly sick ways to kill him were, in my opinion, no better than what he himself did.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by noonebutme]

apologies if I misread your comments
, I agree by the way, whislt if I had personal experience of a murder (say if my daughter was murdered), I personally would wish to exact a very painful death on the sub human- as a state we need clinical/swift execution to rise above backward nations such as Saudi Arabia

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrytiesIf you are admit you would be happy to perform a horrible, torturous act on another human being (regardless of why) then that makes you a hypocrite and no better than the man executed.

there ya go with your lost moral compass again- the act of me killing a sub human deviant who had murdered a loved one would not be the same as the original murder, even if I was convicted by the state

And I seriously doubt you would happily let the state execute you.

I don't care what you doubt, I doubt it would fall under the death penalty remit, such a righteous act of vengeance (on a personal level, not state, note the difference), but even if it did, well, it was worth it

Thankyou for proving my point.

odd

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join