It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Executes Inmate Using Single Drug Method

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have often wondered about executing prisoners using the medication used to put an animal down.........Quick painless and takes their lives(A life for a life) saves the tax payers having to keep them in prison, and gives the families of murder victims ease knowing their loved ones have been revenged.
I know many would say make there deaths as painful as possible.But why?As the bible says at Romans chapter 6 verse 23 is the wages sin pays is death.........Not death in agony.
Just get rid of the murderers,we would possibly still have the death penalty in England if hanging wasn't so .........Unpleasant..........

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, say what you will, but at least no one robbed him, tried to rape him and then dismembered him. Sounds more humane in that context huh?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My father was chief psychologist for rehab and corrections here in Ohio and he told me a story once (and I don't remember the case name) of a prisoner here in Ohio that tried to kill himself before his execution. The State had to pay to put him in the hospital and make him healthy again so they could execute him. Now talk about moronic.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Was the inmate's name LL Cool Jay? Was this a story from prison or House?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
how about shove a piece of pvc up his behind put barbed wire in it then pull the pipe out leaving the wire in him and dump him off naked in the woods somewhere in a snowfield?
granted i have np with the death penaltty and torturing these people that do horrific acts to others but unfortunately all americans by the constitution have a right to no cruel and unusual punishment. it sucks but it is the constitution.
and the amount of money spent to keep 1 person in prison per year is astronomical- and makes no sense since or gov't is broke as it.
personally i believe if you are sentenced to death you get 1 appeal within 6 months and if still found guilty you are executed by the way the jury decides within no more than 1 week.
and to this guyright here i like the way you think- now i remember why i added you as a friend- the high building is a great onelmfao if you go grow wings and land you are free to go
the ocean idea is a good one too

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well if you are serious maybe the show House picked up on this story but my father told it me years ago well before House was on so I know he didn't see it there.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yep, keep them alive and then kill them. Your story is more than credible. I guess prison employees fear being labeled as murderers if death row inmates suddenly decided to commit suicide to escape execution.

In 2002 a prisoner attempted suicide several days before his scheduled execution. Guards, discovering the attempt, had the prisoner moved to the hospital ward where thousands of dollars in medical treatment was used to revive and make the prisoner well. He was executed 32 days after his release from the hospital. Does this make any sense at all to any of you? Who really cares if execution officers’ number 9, 5 and 8, with the assistance of medical personnel or Michael Dewayne Johnson is the actual executioner? True, Johnson maintained his innocence, (like most convicted by our judicial system), throughout his incarceration. But the fact remains that this man was going to be put to death on the very same day that he ended his life without the assistance of prison employees. No matter the means of delivery, death was imminent. Our government institutions have a truly unique set of excuses to use to waste our money with no regard for any form of common sense.

www.associatedcontent.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Wow.

Let's make'em healthy so we can kill'em.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Haha Im just happy that this is the one topic that even on the most contrivertial of websites everyone agrees on the final outcome. Death

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
...And a nice "Merry Christmas" to all of you too...

Obviously we create and maintain our individual and colaboriate realities as we go. This was never really made clear and now more difficult to understand life as our own self-generated living theatre. Very few people believe this and therefore have no ability or desire to change life’s course. Look, we got 7 billion in the world and the senerios out there are really bomb-bastic! So for me it's not fair to take pot shots at someone put to death, caught in the negative or crimminal side of life because his/her own silly nature or unintelligence. I mean we got bumbs living on the streets. Are they crimminal too, should we also kill them? Those who act out violent or animalistic behavior are removed from society. Nevertheless, the world cannot deny what it is. So we should not kill our own. We should not remove people from this planet like animals. The death sentence in reality is saying that violent human nature is a dis-ease which must be removed before it strikes the rest of society. Wheather we want to see it or not, this is and has always been a hot issue. Man has created several fail-safe systems to protect human life so that he does not fall into habit of killing humans in holocost from wars or like the recent bird, cow and other animal flu epidemics. Parhaps in future generations human and animal holocost will be a thing of the past. Cocksurly, for the moment, looks like were just going right on killing.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Heheh. I do love how people here who are so repulsed by the acts this murderer committed are often the ones who then say, "Kill him painfully", "Rape him and kill him", "Inject acid", etc.

Kind of like here, here and here

Christ, you lot are no better!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So lets see. In 2 pages of this thread so far we have had suggestions for a method of execution of this man such as:

- Firing Squad,

- inject the condemned with some kind of acid,

- take his stuff, attempt to rape him, and then dismember him and spread his body around a couple states,

- beaten attempted to rape him and cut him up into pieces (Im not saying it should be "slow" but a couple mins of pain before death i would see as acceptable)

- wrapped in barbed wire, attatched to the hitchrope of two trucks, and to have those trucks INCH forward bit by bit, just so hes sure when the end comes,

- execute them by a hand gun to the head,

- willing people should line up and try to rape him with long sticks. If he resist it would be deemed as failed attempt, after which they would move on to knives and scatter his body around the prison garden to compost and feed the trees and grass,

- Pushing him off a tall building,

- sell lottery tickets to be the lucky person to actually inject the bastard (or shoot, or whatever),

- how about shove a piece of pvc up his behind put barbed wire in it then pull the pipe out leaving the wire in him and dump him off naked in the woods somewhere in a snowfield

And you people claim to be any better than the man who performed the horrible deed? How disgusting. How totally, completely and utterly disgusting.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
All that money wasted on him.. not just court proceedings.. the execution it's self..

Medical staff
Jail staff
utility bills
cost of the drug
cost of his last meal
cost of lawyer fees
cost of disposing of his body...

I'm sure there were many other expenses..

Think about how many poor kids could have gotten a meal with the money wasted on this scumbag.... Don't get me wrong, I think I like the single injection better than the drug cocktail, I hope it hurts like hell but I'm sure it doesn't....

I like the cut of your jib. You sir should run for political office.
The money should have been spent on more important things......like toilet paper or a new fly swatter. What irks me is that these criminals effectively get off easy. The punishment should be extremely painful and drawn out. I'm tired of the bleeding hearts catering and attempting to rehabilitate these so called citizens. We need effective deterrents that will make people stop and think. Enough is enough. Each passing day the bar gets raised on how killing can be made more horrific. The risk of re-offending is simply too high to even bother or care and in many cases the laws protect the wrong people.

I also blame the media to a large extent. Their priorities are so far out of whack and self serving they at times offer a convenient platform for criminals. The single injection method is too expensive and too accommodating. The world needs more Dirty Harrys !!

brill

[edit on 9-12-2009 by brill]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Let's make'em healthy so we can kill'em.

Hope the above wasn't misinterpreted. I just wanted to show that what damwel said really happens.

I personally have never thought about death row inmates committing suicide in order to avoid execution. If a person is sentence to be executed, does it really matter if he or she dies before their execution date?

I would think that to the family of those who were killed, it probably does matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

And you people claim to be any better than the man who performed the horrible deed? How disgusting. How totally, completely and utterly disgusting.

I see your point.

Just out of curiosity, what would you suggest as the method of execution?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I am against the death penalty full stop, but the OP requested we not discuss that side of the issue so I will honour that and say no more about the subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by illece

Its much less unplesant than having all the murderers, gangers , kiddy molesters and the like, just walking around the place nonchalantly breathing my air, drinking my water, and having oodles of money spent on them when all they deserve is absolute destruction.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
What I could never understand is why it is required for the state to give a damn how much the death of the condemned hurts at the time.
Surely if you are inhuman enough to warrent state sanctioned destruction , then you are beneath worth, and also beneath sympathy , and therefore your ease of passing should be bottom of the list of concerns?
Why not inject the condemned with some kind of acid. Get rid of the body that way too. Great way to save on funerary expenses.

don't get me wrong, if it was my loved one that was murdered, Id be happy to torture the murderer to death myself, however, I think as a state, we should be firm in allowing execution of murderers, though as quickly and "cleanly" as possible- otherwise we are just at the level of the Saudis

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Heheh. I do love how people here who are so repulsed by the acts this murderer committed are often the ones who then say, "Kill him painfully", "Rape him and kill him", "Inject acid", etc.

Kind of like here, here and here

Christ, you lot are no better!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by noonebutme]

what a retarded world view- equating the execution of a murderer as the same as the act of the original murder itself- that it is the view of someone without a moral comparss.

Bit like saying we shouldn't lock up kidnappers "COS WE WUD BE NO BETTER"

Methinks that is loco

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I find your lack of moral compass disgusting, equating execution of a murderer as the same as the original act of murder

What a filth and degenerate view

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join