It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama can’t end the War!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Do you remember the number one campaign promise made by Obama?

“Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”
usliberals.about.com...

So what’s the reason he hasn’t kept his campaign promise to end the war? Well “It’s the economy stupid!” That’s right, he can’t end the war. Another sign of the economic trouble we are in. We can’t afford to stop fighting!

What effect would there be on our economy if we shut down our overseas military operations and companies begin losing government contracts? Where would returning men and women of the armed forces work? Unemployment is already over 10 percent. Don’t we need the war machine to keep going? Is peace even possible in today’s economy?

That leads to another question. Who pays for the military? We the tax paying citizens do. Think about it. We are being taxed to pay for wars we can’t afford and we can’t end the war we can’t afford because we can’t afford it!

Is it just me or does anyone else see a problem?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is this the war against UFO's and Aliens? Since we're in that section I can only assume so.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No. I did something wrong.

edit to add: fixed.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by liveandletlive]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Yep, can't end the war because it will cause more unemployment.

Kinda makes you wonder which would cost more

unemployment checks or continuing the war?

IMO, it isn't about the money. It is making sure the employment number doesn't skyrocket.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah but how long can we chase our own tail? Eventually something has to give.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sounds logical to me.

In a circular governmental efficiency type of logic.

Kind of double negative logic.

Like we need to borrow more to get out of the cycle of debt.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Exactly. Our government seems to be extremely efficient at its inefficiency! As much as I try to keep a positive attitude, I cant help but be reminded of all the reasons I might want to worry.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Do you remember the number one campaign promise made by Obama?

“Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”
usliberals.about.com...

I knew he was lying from day 1! Even if he wanted to bring the troops back he couldn't.

Originally posted by liveandletlive
So what’s the reason he hasn’t kept his campaign promise to end the war? Well “It’s the economy stupid!” That’s right, he can’t end the war. Another sign of the economic trouble we are in. We can’t afford to stop fighting!

I feel as though unemployment is just a fall-back, scapegoat excuse to be used if necessary. Yes there will be a temporary rise in unemployment but most service members are already highely skilled in one craft or another, so its just a matter of them finding the equivalent civilian job.

There are more important "reasons" to prolong both conflicts...

Deplete as much ammunition as possible, establish a firm foothold in the middle east and/or western asia, control puppy production in afghanistan, open new markets, force the east to "modernise", etc.

And frankly I don't think war is a necessary evil. It is portrayed that way so people can accept it without over-questioning authorities.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don’t think our financial system can afford to keep pushing the front line like we have been doing. The war machine has its place but it’s a huge expense that doesn’t generate any income that can be used to offset the direct cost associated with it. As a nation we are jeopardizing our security by weakening our financial stability which forces us into depending on the very same people who are considered our enemies. As an example, people naively assume that the Chinese wouldn’t work to cause the failure of the dollar because they would only hurt themselves. But I wonder what an enemy would consider to be an “acceptable loss” in the ultimate take down of a competitor and enemy.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Disagreed that it has anything to do with the economy. The troops could continue to be employed right here in the United States. However, you may be right they somehow think (as any mentally insane person may) that war is good for an economy. Its perfectly possible to pay the troops to guard our own border as opposed to pay them to stir up hatred against us in the middle east. So at best it has to do with severely insane (and borderline mental retarded) misconceptions about economics.

Edit - Every single thing they buy in the war effort could be simply bought and saved rather than used. And every single person employed could be re-assigned to an anti-terrorist position (as opposed to pro-terrorist where they are in the middle east spreading the ideas of terorrism by being in a place they have no business being at).

[edit on 8-12-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

China and russia will not bring down the USA, the nwo will! They issue the money and thus control everything directly and indirectly. The nwo made europe what it was pre-ww2, they made america what it was up till now and you can bet they will eventually dump america altogether to encourage investment in asia.

This has been happening right in front of our faces day-in and day-out but mainstream media has been spinning everything to make it appear as normal/natural capitalism. To a large degree it is about capitalism, such as going overseas to save on labor and material costs but who created these conditions in the first place? Who has been oppressing and exploiting asia, africa and south america all this time? You have to dig VERY DEEP to find the answers!

top topics

join