It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must act now to save the planet *action required*

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
CO2 is an evil man made gas. It does not occur by nature anywhere in the known Galaxy.

Holy. Crap.

Holy. Crap.

I'm just stunned. Stunned.

Mostly stunned that one of the first, oh, 3 or even 5 people to respond didn't correct the OP.

Wow. You do realize that humans are not the only animal to produce carbon dioxide?

And you realize the function of CO2 in nature, and how plants actually grow better with higher concentrations of CO2?

And you realize, because you're obviously so smart, that plants also emit CO2.

Did you stop taking science in 3rd grade? Did google fail you? Is there a malfunction with your tin-foil hat?

Why didn't a moderator shut this thread down ASAP? This is bad, bad science the OP is propagating. It's outright lies due to ignorance of rudimentary facts- the things you learn in 5th grade earth science.

Does ATF have moderators? Good lord this is just bad. Everyone who responded to the OP and didn't correct or try to stop the OP should be ashamed for being an enabler. Shameful, just terrible. You people.

I'm sorry, but this isn't even up for discussion- there is no 'debunking' required here. Wow. I just can't get over the OP. Stunned/amazed/shocked.

If this is what passes for a 'healthy' discussion- one based on complete ignorance of the most base and elementary scientific facts, not theory, but established facts...well...Wow.

Shame on you all.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

All we do is consume all the natural resources like a virus that needs to be exterminated.

Nice one.

The oxygen level in the atmosphere is less than 18%, it's said to be between 16.5 and 17.7%. To breath we need 15% and I don't think there will be long enough Air to breath before this C0² gets out of hand. Nevertheless, unless we change our ways of behaving, with all of the industrialization and what we are doing to the planet, we have less than 40 years of oxygen left. Now, how many of you out there got forty years left...and cares?

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Bm2211]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this thread, Ive read the whole thing and it has made my day

Even bigger THANKYOU to all the idiots who cannot recognise sarcasm even when it is spelt out for you. Without you this thread would not have survived, and would definately have not been anywhere near as funny.

The main point of the thread (apart from just being fun). Is to highlight the fact that anyone who argued against MMGW has been labled a kook, skeptic, flat earther and so on by the MSN in a blatent attempt to stifle debate on this matter. I have yet to see any decent debate on this issue in the MSM at all! Every tiny mention of them I have come across has been in an attempt to belittle them.

I am not 100% certain on the issue but I have seen enough misreprented data (such as the 1900-2009 temp data from Central Park data showing warming trend, whereas if you expand to 1820-2009 it shows a cooling trend, as linked earlier in this thread) that I am more inclined to beleive that the computer model and even the 'adjusted' world temp data have been manipulated to show what they were intended to show. Not to mention the fact that the temp has been rising and falling forever. Medievel warm period anyone?

Also what is the latest on the earlier info I was introduced to that rising CO2 is an effect of rising temps and not a cause of it. Apparently this is because the oceans release MASSIVE amounts as it warms, which it does slower than the air temp.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Star for you for saying "ooohhh that is so Super Serial". Others are going, What??????????

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Cows passing gas causes C02!!! Methane!!!
We should kill the cows and eat them!

The cows are killing seals too.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

C'mon people this is bizarro world, do not break the chain.

For my part before I commit Seppuku, I will kill all the largest CO2 breathers there are, the whales.

Let's go kill all those whales to save the planet!

Okay I will say it again, hopefully you have read more than 1 line of the OP, this is bizarro world.

OP stark raving brilliant, brilliant!

What really amazes me though, is that people did not come back and remove their posts.

But, that is what they get for not reading the entire piece.

Anyway, because of your genious, I went through and gave you stars galore. What the other side is really mad about, on this thread, is if they tried it, it would of went nowhere.

We are not that gullible.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Star for you as well endisnighe. I'm telling you all you have to do is buy enough of my carbon credits. It's the perfect solution to this whole mess.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Co2 is evil? mind you 7 billion people exhale it on a daily basis...

Line 2....

Line 3....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
OP, you are nothing but a troll and I can't believe this charade is allowed to continue on ats.

I know most people here have their minds pretty firmly made up that climate change is a scam and therefore will applaud you just because you fit in nicely with their view of the world, but this has pushed it too far.

You had deliberately posted things you know to be false (no one in their right minds ever claimed CO2 is "evil", doesn't occur naturally on earth or anywhere else, it's entirely man-made, etc).

You deliberately pretend to be someone you're not, in an attempt to make everyone who ever believed in anthropic climate change seem like an unarticulated babbling idiot who can't listen to reason.

And the only reason you posted this ridiculous thread is to stir up controversy and/ or get attention and flags. I mean, surely you weren't expecting serious debate and arguments with such an OP, right?

TROLL.

At least you are smart enough to realize it isn't serious.
Here are the real reasons I made this thread.
-We are currently being enslaved, through the stupidity of the populace, in the name of CO2.
-Junk science is what is backing the biggest raping of mankind in history, through the great carbon scam.
-An all powerful global government is being erected.

-I am pissed.

-I needed to blow off a little steam, buy turning the tables.

If you can't handle a little satire, you are on the wrong conspiracy board.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
ATS is descending into a farce... sorry... but this is the third post I’ve seen that is based around nothing but sarcastic quips and satire!

Now don’t get me wrong, being a fan of Blackadder, I love sarcastic humour... And I don’t mind the odd bit of comedy in people’s replies... But is it right to base whole threads on satire and sarcasm?

Whether you like it or not the climate change issue is very serious to some people... this is just a blatant attempt to undermine one side of the story, using sarcasm and wit, in an attempt to lift yourself above those of a different opinion. It’s nothing but misplaced intellectual snobbery and smacks of arrogance. Like you have all the answers!!!

Unfortunately this is what happens when people can’t win an argument... they result to playground tactics!

I thought ATS was a place for intelligent discussion!

Is there nothing that ATS can do about this?

Or am I just being an old grump??

And please please please no one respond to my post by taking little quotes, from what i have just said, and following it with more sarcasm... very cheap!

It is a blatant attempt to undermine the possibility of a global tyranny through the Copenghagen treaty.

I am currently doing every single thing I can think of to de-rail these people, including using their dis-info tactics against them.

Why?

Because I want my kids to have some shred of freedom, and liberty.

Luckily we still have this avenue of civil discussion left, and we don't have to resort to gun battles in the streets yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thank you. Thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DJOldskool

Thank you.

I had a lot of fun.

I'm glad it went so far, as I really enjoyed being a psychotic Al Gore fan for a day!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meesterjojo

CO2 is an evil man made gas. It does not occur by nature anywhere in the known Galaxy.

Holy. Crap.

Holy. Crap.

I'm just stunned. Stunned.

Mostly stunned that one of the first, oh, 3 or even 5 people to respond didn't correct the OP.

Wow. You do realize that humans are not the only animal to produce carbon dioxide?

And you realize the function of CO2 in nature, and how plants actually grow better with higher concentrations of CO2?

And you realize, because you're obviously so smart, that plants also emit CO2.

Did you stop taking science in 3rd grade? Did google fail you? Is there a malfunction with your tin-foil hat?

Why didn't a moderator shut this thread down ASAP? This is bad, bad science the OP is propagating. It's outright lies due to ignorance of rudimentary facts- the things you learn in 5th grade earth science.

Does ATF have moderators? Good lord this is just bad. Everyone who responded to the OP and didn't correct or try to stop the OP should be ashamed for being an enabler. Shameful, just terrible. You people.

I'm sorry, but this isn't even up for discussion- there is no 'debunking' required here. Wow. I just can't get over the OP. Stunned/amazed/shocked.

If this is what passes for a 'healthy' discussion- one based on complete ignorance of the most base and elementary scientific facts, not theory, but established facts...well...Wow.

Shame on you all.

-Only humans produce CO2, through exercise, and v-8 engines.

-We need to end all CO2, and plants. Strip the planet back to bare rock, so she can be happy and sterile.

-Junk science.

-I have a PHD in environmental studies from Gore state university.

-The mods didn't shut it down, because they read all the way to page 2.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

I . . . I'm sooooooooooo sorrrrry for contributing even just a little to this tread. (hanging head in shame) C c can you forgive me? (throwing self to the ground) Pleeeeeease? Pleeease forgive me.

Wow, I was wondering when people would lose their sence of humor, sheeese. I mean just because EPA and obama the Destroyer has put us on a rocket train to the nasty place down below doesn't me we can't poke a little fun on the way.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

My GOD! Are there people truly that thick on this site? Okay, forget it. I know the answer there.

This post is to try and make a point. That those promoting one thing or disputing it always pick and choose what PROOF they want to use to support their point.

Seriously dude, you didn't realize the commonly used statement by those that actually believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that global warming is man made, is that MORE scientists support it than don't.

The problem with that very statement, if you know anything about science at all, should be very evident. Yet most poeple, like what you are displaying in your reply, don't think critically about things anymore. They don't take the time to read through stuff and take the time to digest whether one is serious, mocking or simply trying to make a point via complete and utter sarcasm.

And you want 'PROOF' that the scientists, 100% of them, actually state that CO2 is 100% manmade and evil? The fact that you even asked for proof answers all the questions I need answered about you and any post I read from you in the future.

Just take some time. Understand what you are reading. Get a sense of humor, and live life.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

Dear God, help me through this. I am actually stunned. STUNNED! that you, after reading through any of the posts, didn't realize what the OP was trying to do.

I shouldn't be amazed that this thread has 11 pages already. LOL Simply because most people seem to swallow what they read and think that because it is written that it isn't a sarcastic viewpoint.

I can't bear to read anymore! LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
haha i love good satire!

DOWN WITH THE CO2 EVIL DO'erS!

maybe if we created robots, that ran off co2 and killed humans, i could get a nobel peace prize!!!

use the co2 as fuel till its all gone, AND kill humans. sounds like an invention for the masses !!

yer me new friend

[edit on 12/9/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm putting together a road trip to the "Nuke the Whales" Rally in San Francisco on Jan. 1st - who's in?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
WE MUST HURRY TO SAVE US ALL!!!!

[edit on 12/9/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

It is a blatant attempt to undermine the possibility of a global tyranny through the Copenghagen treaty.

I am currently doing every single thing I can think of to de-rail these people, including using their dis-info tactics against them.

Why?

Because I want my kids to have some shred of freedom, and liberty.

Luckily we still have this avenue of civil discussion left, and we don't have to resort to gun battles in the streets yet.

Rule number 1 from the ATS terms and conditions...

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate

I want my kids to have a planet that is able to provide and sustain... not an empty wasteland.

But I will not go about it using the cheap tactics that you have employed... why can’t you just have a normal discussion on the issue.

To deliberately derail discussions is not only against the ATS rules... it’s disgusting and childish.

If you are going to post here... at least show some respect to the sites rules!!

However, i would like to say thanks for giving me an honest response... believe it or not, it is appreciated.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Muckster]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join