It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate chief dismisses e-mail outrage as " colleagues letting off steam"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Climate chief dismisses e-mail outrage as " colleagues letting off steam"

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- One of the world's leading authorities on climate change has dismissed the contents of controversial e-mails leaked from the University of East Anglia as nothing more than friends and colleagues "letting off steam."

"Well, I can tell you, privately when I talk to my friends, I use language much worse than that. This was purely private communications between friends, between, colleagues, they were letting off steam. I think we should see it as nothing more than that," Rajendra Pachauri, the Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) told CNN.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is a classic example of the dumbification of Western Society IMO.

Firstly how inept would you have to be to believe e-mail correspondances in which they say to use:
"Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years ... to hide the decline."
is "letting of steam"? Letting off steam is when you snap on a hot dog vendor when you ask for no-onions. It is NOT when you exchange e-mails discussing a way in which to fudge the numbers.

The fact that this man could sit there in an interview and use what can only be described as the dumbest explanation (meaning they ran through some really stupid ideas before hand) ever shows that they have no respect for the intellect of Western Society and the world.

I dont think this should be able to be blown off by "the people" as non-sense, simply people upset. It fears me that this explanation will be heard by some and they will immediatly think that would of course be the reason, and us "truthers" are taking it out of context.

Of course they wont look at the e-mails for themselevs they will just take the spoon fed tripe that is being passed off as an explanation.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It should also be noted that it seems to be the objective of this man to take away any validity to any of the points mentioned in the e-mails. He focuses on "the language" used and not WHAT that language is saying.

Unbelievable as it may be he is saying that the language used is people letting of steam, therefore what they said is not valid??

am i the only one missing the connection between language and point?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Please excuse the string of posts, it is my opinion that this should not fall by the wayside and should be given a chance to be discussed. Sadly with the amount of posting an article like this can fall out of Q pretty quickly. So im adding another post to hopefully boost it back up and catch some peoples attention.
My apologies if you had to read that explanation

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Theres so many of these climate change threads now its hard to keep up with all of them.
This one though, I might say, is a doozy.
Blowing off some steam huh?
ok....
Well pretty soon the people of this nation are going to be blowing off some steam by grabbing these people and stringing them up for treason, not only to our nation, but the entire planet.
I guess once they have their Agenda in place, nothing can stop it, not even the truth.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Theres so many of these climate change threads now its hard to keep up with all of them.
This one though, I might say, is a doozy.
Blowing off some steam huh?
ok....
Well pretty soon the people of this nation are going to be blowing off some steam by grabbing these people and stringing them up for treason, not only to our nation, but the entire planet.
I guess once they have their Agenda in place, nothing can stop it, not even the truth.

Couldnt agree more, and be more terrified by your avatar. No matter the message i dont like being lied too. I know pollution is bad we all do, but dont Lie to me to make a point, dont belittle me by thinking im not smart or mature enough to make a decision without being scared into it. Thats what pisses me off.
If they lie about a noble cause like reducing pollution imagine what atrocities "they" will lie about. Replace "will" with "have".

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You have to love Groupthink. I guess they are so drunk and confident that they think that nobody will be able to stop them. I'd be willing to bet everything I have that they will be sorely mistaken.

Now with that said, the more these people talk the more they dig their hole. The thing is not one of these people have come out to defend the "science" all they say is the "science is sound, trust us". You would think with the amount of info that was leaked they would be scurrying to show everybody how they got to their conclusion.

Instead all they do is belittle and come up with half baked excuses. That is okay it might take a little while for all this to reach a head, but in the end they will be toast.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It is a little strange that it has become a "trust me" topic. Dont look behind the curtain i swear to you its all true.
I wonder how much longer government can get away with the "trust me" reasoning. Why not give us the facts? Why not release footage from pentagon? Why are we supposed to accept "trust me" from people who even on their most individualistic merrits can not be trusted.

new topics

top topics

join