It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurses unions merge, back healthcare overhaul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Three nurses unions merged on Monday to form the largest-ever labor organization for U.S. medical professionals, which is expected to wield greater clout in collective bargaining and the national healthcare debate.

U.S. | Healthcare Reform

Leaders of the new 150,000-member National Nurses United, comprising union locals from Maine to Hawaii, said their top priority would be to seek to organize the overwhelming majority of registered nurses who remain without union representation.

Of roughly 1.5 million nurses who provide direct patient care in U.S. hospitals and clinics, about 80 percent have no union contract, NNU officials said.

The merger, approved unanimously by delegates to the founding convention in Phoenix, unifies the California Nurses Association, with 83,000 members in California and several other states; the United American Nurses, with 45,000 members, mostly the Midwest, and the 22,000-member Massachusetts Nurses Association.

Does this clarify the debate? On the issue of health care do we believe the people that actually take care of patients or the for profit Health insurance and HMOs.

The American system of Health care is sick. I prefer to listen to the Drs and nurses that could be the ones that have first hand knowledge.

www.ama-assn.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
But and this is a big butt, do they back whatever they come up with that is being written?

See, this is what gets me. Their is no finalized bill yet. You bring up they back an overhaul. Are they being included in the discussion? No. Are the doctors being included in the discussion? No.

Who is being included in the discussion? We do not know for sure but some think a felon has set up the framework for implementing it.

We will get whatever they want to implement. We will not get any voice, just as with everything else.

Just stay the hell out of my life. See, people can take care of themselves. If they cannot, so be it.

edit to add-oh by the way, whatever happened to people over 250k getting stuck with the taxes, oh, that was just a campaign promise.

IN OTHER WORDS ANOTHER LIE!

[edit on 12/8/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Does this clarify the debate? On the issue of health care do we believe the people that actually take care of patients or the for profit Health insurance and HMOs.

The article says 80% are not part of the union.

Are you saying the issue should be clarified just because a small portion of union workers back it?

What is the opinion of the 80%?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Just stay the hell out of my life. See, people can take care of themselves. If they cannot, so be it.

Attitudes like this, are exactly what we, as Americans, need to overcome.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
See, this is what gets me. Their is no finalized bill yet. You bring up they back an overhaul. Are they being included in the discussion? No. Are the doctors being included in the discussion? No.

Well actually the doctors are being included in the discussion.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric

Well hell, since you are in such a giving mood. I want half of your wealth and half of my neighbors.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My husband is a nurse who supports health care reform. My primary care doctor also supports it.

The AMA has come out in favor of it.

A lot of responsible health care professionals know that we, as a country, need reform.

This shouldn't surprise anyone.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Originally posted by Rhetoric

Well hell, since you are in such a giving mood. I want half of your wealth and half of my neighbors.

Try this endisnighe....

actually do a little research on your own and quit parroting back Rush, Sean and O really. and give us some hard evidence that you will actually lose money with health care system run by someone other than the for profit HMOs and Insurance corporations.

So far all you have done is whine. Hard evidence not crybaby conjecture. Deny ignorance.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Try this endisnighe....

actually do a little research on your own and quit parroting back Rush, Sean and O really. and give us some hard evidence that you will actually lose money with health care system run by someone other than the for profit HMOs and Insurance corporations.

So far all you have done is whine. Hard evidence not crybaby conjecture. Deny ignorance.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by whaaa]

Sorry, cannot stand either Hannity, or O Reilly, Rush I can take with a cup of vinegar. I do not watch or listen to Sean the meathead or Bill the bigmouth.

Now Beck, Savage, and a couple of others, which no one on here will even know if I mention their names, so I won't.

As for whining, squeaky wheel gets the oil.

You know, I back most of what both sides of the arguments on almost all sides here.

The one thing and one thing only I will not abide is government intervention by means of taxation and control to redistribute anyone's wealth. Yes even the super rich. I will back anyone calling for true capitalism, not the corporatism backed by both parties.

And whatever happened to transparency? Oh, the current corporatism ruler says he is working on a new regime. Wonder where I heard that saying before, oh, the rip up the Constitution speech that even Madow condemned. I wonder why FOIA requests are no longer the law? Must be because the government never has to follow the very laws they pass to tax and control us.

Do you see ANY correlation between Administrations of the past and present. Or is their no causality when referencing correlation in the study of politics?

Must be that I am not scientific enough to apply standard logical reasoning to see that our government is only about TAX and CONTROL. Nothing else, they are not here to help us, they are their to perpetuate the status quo. The sooner everyone realizes this the better.

Wow, I included Madow in one of my whining rants.

How bout them apples?

top topics

join