Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Brand New Climate Leaks (not emails) – Copenhagen Summit now in disarray

page: 1
101
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+60 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Brand New Climate Leaks – Copenhagen Summit now in disarray

Developing countries react furiously to leaked draft agreement that would hand more power to rich nations, sideline the UN’s negotiating role and abandon the Kyoto protocol.

Guardian

The UN Copenhagen climate talks are in disarray today after developing countries reacted furiously to leaked documents that show world leaders will next week be asked to sign an agreement that hands more power to rich countries and sidelines the UN’s role in all future climate change negotiations.

The document also sets unequal limits on per capita carbon emissions for developed and developing countries.

The Danish text, a secret draft agreement worked on by a group of individuals known as “the circle of commitment” – but understood to include the UK, US and Denmark – has only been shown to a handful of countries since it was finalised this week.

The agreement, leaked to the Guardian, is a departure from the Kyoto protocol’s principle that rich nations, which have emitted the bulk of the CO2, should take on firm and binding commitments to reduce greenhouse gases, while poorer nations were not compelled to act. The draft hands effective control of climate change finance to the World Bank; would abandon the Kyoto protocol – the only legally binding treaty that the world has on emissions reductions; and would make any money to help poor countries adapt to climate change dependent on them taking a range of actions.

The document was described last night by one senior diplomat as “a very dangerous document for developing countries. It is a fundamental reworking of the UN balance of obligations. It is to be superimposed without discussion on the talks”.


Scribd Doc
www.scribd.com...


www.guardian.co.uk...


[edit on 8-12-2009 by komp_uk]


[mod edit: added Required EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]



+55 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Indeed, the whole thing is about power and money, and nothing else.

Not human rights, not the environment, but money and power for a select elite.

I'm all for the environment and healthier people but this whole process is corrupt to the core.


+4 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I just read this article.

Now my question is, this is what the "rich" nations will do to the "developing" nations, not what makes anybody think Obama and the rest of the lot care about the poor and middle class. This leak and document is so telling on so many levels.

It also sounds like there are forces actively working against the New Age Church of Climatology Cabal.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It effectively is the end of the UN process," said one diplomat, who asked to remain nameless.


And I thought Copenhagen would be a waste of time.

I hope Obama or the Nobel committee have the sense to give the Danish author the peace prize for this courageous attempt to steal independence from the jaws of NWO.

jw



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Now my question is, this is what the "rich" nations will do to the "developing" nations, not what makes anybody think Obama and the rest of the lot care about the poor and middle class. This leak and document is so telling on so many levels.

It also sounds like there are forces actively working against the New Age Church of Climatology Cabal.


But the "rich" nations aren't really "doing" anything to (or for) such "developing" nations as China , India (both of which can send rockets to the moon), Indonesia and Malaysia, all of which are directly responsible for local destruction of the environment and its consequences.

The "IndoChina Haze," melting Tibetan and Himalayan glaciers, and the poisoning of major rivers and marine environments are 100% attributable to the very same nations whining about being "left out."

Aren't they the same ones who, this Spring and Summer, defied the talks preliminary to Copenhagen, and refused to adopt the more-stringent measures being proposed at the time?

It seems to me that when it's time to "walk the walk," no one is ready to commit to junk science as the basis for self-destruction. If everyone doesn't join the suicide pact, it is only the timid faithful who end up dead (see: Jonestown).

It's about time people woke up from the dream.

jw



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For some reason I don't think this will be the last we will hear over the next 2 weeks.

Once again TV based news channels talk about every snippet of info coming out so far except for this type of news.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Circle of Commitment eh? That sounds foreboding. A union of powerful countries meeting in secret and hashing out the doctrine the rest of the world will live by and they are the "circle of commitment."



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
BBC
www.bbc.co.uk...




1619 CET: Something of a buzz going around the centre now, as the Guardian's estimable environment editor John Vidal reveals the so-called "Danish text".

It's a document drawn up by the Danish hosts and distributed around a select group of 40 countries last week, apparently as their preferred basis for a political outcome here.

The whole exercise has the potential to disrupt things hugely as - according to John Vidal's analysis - it removes lots of power from the UN climate convention and legitimises a long-term inequality between developed and developing countries.

Developing countries have already found plenty in it to hate.

I'll file a news story at some point once various radio commitments are out of the way.

In the meantime, the Guardian has posted the text here.


looks like the guardian was telling the truth. bout time some feathers got ruffled over swindlehagen.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Circle of Commitment
Sounds like that translates to the "Builderburgs"



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk
 


If CO2 is directly responsible for climate change, it doesn't take a genius to work out that there are too many buildings and too many people.... too many people trying to live on a small Island will create too much CO2 and too many problems.... too many people living on a big Island (a developing Island i might add) will contribute even more CO2 with all the erecting buildings.... so, what does this sequence tell you?



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

But the "rich" nations aren't really "doing" anything to (or for) such "developing" nations as China , India (both of which can send rockets to the moon), Indonesia and Malaysia, all of which are directly responsible for local destruction of the environment and its consequences.

The "IndoChina Haze," melting Tibetan and Himalayan glaciers, and the poisoning of major rivers and marine environments are 100% attributable to the very same nations whining about being "left out."

Aren't they the same ones who, this Spring and Summer, defied the talks preliminary to Copenhagen, and refused to adopt the more-stringent measures being proposed at the time?

It seems to me that when it's time to "walk the walk," no one is ready to commit to junk science as the basis for self-destruction. If everyone doesn't join the suicide pact, it is only the timid faithful who end up dead (see: Jonestown).

It's about time people woke up from the dream.

jw


However, they wouldn't be pumping out so much pollution in the first place if the western nations hadn't been so quick to outsource so much manufacturing to them in the first place. Their rapid growth and development, and subsequent pollution levels is a direct result of western corporate greed and the mighty dollar craving. Cheap labour and thus cheap production costs led much of this outsourcing, whilst western factories closed, workers were laid off and the economy suffered.

Bring back a lot of those manufacturing jobs to our own shores. This will create jobs again for many of those who lost jobs when the corporations outsourced abroad, and also help the economy. Ok, the corporate bottom line may suffer, but long term it's a winner for all, just not a get rich quick short term gain for bankers and the board room boys.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by komp_uk
 


If CO2 is directly responsible for climate change, it doesn't take a genius to work out that there are too many buildings and too many people.... too many people trying to live on a small Island will create too much CO2 and too many problems.... too many people living on a big Island (a developing Island i might add) will contribute even more CO2 with all the erecting buildings.... so, what does this sequence tell you?



The "circle of commitment" will be initiating depopulation based on the georgia guidestones.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297
 


The between the lines version of this reads as nothing more than a power grab by the "rich" nations. As has been stated before, this has nothing to do with the environment this is all about the politics of power. The rich nations are not going to cede power to the underdeveloped nations no matter how much tech they have and that is what it all comes down too.

"Climate Change" is nothing but a cover story of what is really going on.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic
 

It's a document drawn up by the Danish hosts and distributed around a select group of 40 countries last week


Last Week? No wonder Obama changed plans!

No wonder Obama changed his stance!

It's easy to take a politically popular position when you know
you will never have to stand behind it!

What a sham. Does anyone else see the "transparency" of Obama's posturing over the last week on climate change?


jw



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You smell that? Is that CO2? No, it's bulls***.

I'll say this; I have faith in Mother Nature. Not in Al Gore.



Edit to add: I hope the Global Warming believers can look themselves in the mirror when we're all enslaved to save the planet.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by David_Reale]



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Is there anyone who has a copy of this document, that they can post for download, or know where one can download it with out having to be a member of some site? It might be wise that a couple of copies be had, incase they are taken off of the different websites!



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ohio_Ron
Is there anyone who has a copy of this document, that they can post for download, or know where one can download it with out having to be a member of some site? It might be wise that a couple of copies be had, incase they are taken off of the different websites!


I shall do just that right now.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

It effectively is the end of the UN process," said one diplomat, who asked to remain nameless.


And I thought Copenhagen would be a waste of time.

I hope Obama or the Nobel committee have the sense to give the Danish author the peace prize for this courageous attempt to steal independence from the jaws of NWO.

jw


I can only laugh
, where did the "Danish" originally come from? The tribe of DAN that was once Canann/Israel, one of the twelve hebrew tribes, the royal family is from the tribe of Jacob, i.e. Union Jack, the reunion of the tribe of Jacob. "The Hidden Empire"

Does no one see what is going on here, they are again, playing both sides. They claim it will take away U.N. power, who cares, that is what, we the people, want anyway. NO MORE U.N. period. Then we can start to take down the World Bank and all the criminal elite families.

Global warming has always been a scam, they have to hide what the worldwide HAARP is actually doing to the planet. Tesla was so afraid of this happening if his work was used in the wrong way. And here we are.



posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow
to the OPer and thanks.

Is this Draft the one that British Lord Monckton alluded to on Oct. 14 in Minnesota? I have yet to see specifically to what he was referring.

Again Wow, I can see why the Globalist Elite find International government so attractive: they can bypass democratic institutions by creating their own institutions, panels, committees, and now "circles of commitment," to achieve their aims. Bargaining power and the ability to set agenda and subsequent policy is now gained from processes of exclusion and exclusivity. Nice (except for humanity).


This summit indeed seems to be in complete disarray as of Tuesday Dec 8.




[edit on 8-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]


+2 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by komp_uk
 


If CO2 is directly responsible for climate change, it doesn't take a genius to work out that there are too many buildings and too many people.... too many people trying to live on a small Island will create too much CO2 and too many problems.... too many people living on a big Island (a developing Island i might add) will contribute even more CO2 with all the erecting buildings.... so, what does this sequence tell you?



I guess you are not paying attention. Plants NEED CO2 for growth and they convert it back into oxygen and sugars, which they use to grow also. With the abundance of CO2 this year we had a great crop of vegetables and berries and apples, pears, oranges and so on. And the plants created a buttload of oxygen, damn that CO2...........Are you nuts?





new topics




 
101
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join