It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time reader - Should I be concerned with whatever is in my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well, I've been a reader for years now of this site. I'm not the posting type of guy but what I just experienced, I'm hoping for... I don't really know.

I recently came into contact with an old friend, actually yesterday 12/07. That night I dreamt said friend, in the middle of a field, standing up tied up to a tall pole. Weird thing is that he was smiling and laughing when all I was doing was crawling through some dirt. I recall seeing a "ghost" in that part of the dream, but only a quick flash. As it disappeared very quickly. Next thing I knew, I was at a cousins house, when my younger cousin said, "You guys are crazy, you guys have a dead body downstairs in a box." Now, in my dream I kept asking him what he meant, but that is all he kept repeating. I went outside and that is when I saw the "ghost" again. But next thing I knew, my 2 brothers and me, were driving on the freeway but it turned out to be a water ride. (like a theme park). I got wet, it did a huge drop and at the end you jumped into the water, and out a ladder. Well this is where it gets even weirder. When I jumped into the water, my feet touched the bottom, and all I could feel was like I was stepping on a lot of little heads. Like there were a lot of little children down there and everywhere I stepped, I stepped on a little head. When a Life guard(?) ran in there and pushed me out of the way.

Ok, Now this is what really scared me and is the reason why i'm typing this up at 6:04 a.m this Tuesday morning. Something woke me up, I don't know if it was the terrible dream I just had or what. I opened my eyes, and this all happened in less than 2 seconds. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw that same "ghost" I saw in my dream. It was a silhouette of a small girl, as I saw she had long hair. But "she" was right next to me, as I was right on the edge of the bed.

The next part was more around 5-10 seconds. As soon as I opened my eyes and saw her, somehow my eyes closed and I felt her climb up on me. I felt her weight on my chest and something holding down my arms. I couldn't move, and I tried to scream but couldn't make a sound. Somehow I was able to stick my left hand out from under the covers, and as I was still trying to scream. All I got out were 2 short "OHHHHHs" Then it was all over, I was able to open my eyes, and saw nothing. I turned on my tv, and am now typing this up here on my bed.

Now, I have heard of this happening before. It actually happened to another one of my cousins when he was renting out my neighbors garage. Although, he didn't mention if he saw anyone. All he said was he couldn't move, felt something holding him down. But he had his eyes open the whole time, and this happened to him during the afternoon. My house is known to have some kind of paranormal activity as everyone who comes into my house has experienced something. I have gotten used to the door knob shakes when i'm home alone. Or the knocking on the walls, among other things. But this, took it too far. Should I be concerned with whatever is in my house?

[edit on 12/8/2009 by CaliLove310]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This isn't a ghost it's called a nightmare, sleep paralysis it's pretty well documented.Having a woman sit or lean on your chest is also a common symptom.Here's an explanation
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Inquisition11 is right. You have a classic case of sleep paralysis. Did you experience any tingling in your spine?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I doubt there is anything paranormal going on. What you describe are common dream experiences. I once woke up to see my mother stood in the doorway. Her image then slowly faded from view. No not a ghost - she was asleep in the next room! That sort of paralysis is pretty common too.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
This isn't a ghost it's called a nightmare, sleep paralysis it's pretty well documented.Having a woman sit or lean on your chest is also a common symptom.Here's an explanation
en.wikipedia.org...

I have had sleep paralysis, i woke up and there was some creature in my doorway, it then fell to the ground and crawled up towards the side of my bed. I could here it hissing and everything, it making contact with the ground. I was fully awake but could not turn over I was stuck on my back panicking like you wouldn't believe. I originally thought i was paralyzed from fear it was that real. It took me realistically a good 2-3 minutes before i was able to move and roll over to check the side of my bed. Obviously no creature, i think you had the same thing just with a different entity. It is sooo real i can attest for this as i remember it vividly, but it is only a nightmare that your eyes woke up in but your brain did not yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I've experienced sleep paralysis many times in my life, but last week was the first i'd experienced where there was a hallucination.
In the dream, I'm moving around my bed, and arms begin coming outta the floor.
First I'm slowed down until finally I cannot fight them off anymore. That is when I woke up unable to breath.
Then it was just a matter of, what I interpret as, attempting to flex my diaphragm until finally I can breath again.
Infant death syndrome cause?

anyways, I've always been curious of the mind's need to accompany such an experience with a hallucination. I often wonder if each particular hallucination in such a dream directly corresponds with each step of the process that leads to total paralysis.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. It's quite common their's nothing to worry about. I became conscious in my dreams last night, I couldn't wake myself up which ended in hypnagogic sleep paralysis, it was extremely boring... I fell back to sleep but remembered all this vividly. Wierd thing is sometimes It feels like I can move, so I move my arm into vision ever so limp and sometimes it's like see through or invisible, no wonder theirs all these claims of out of body experiences.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by toshly]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
it sounds like an incredibly disturbing experience but, hopefully, the most you have to worry about is the bad nights sleep.

i understand these experiences can really freak you out. the dream sounds really scary and one of the symptoms of sleep paralysis is terror so the combination of the two is devastating, i'm sure.

the symbolism in your dream is pretty intense, if you are anxious about something, you might want to try dealing with the issue.

EDIT: sorry, should have said, welcome to ATS. now you've begun posting, i hope you keep it up.

[edit on 8/12/09 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was sleeping in my bedroom but I awoke with Sleep paralysis in my mums bed I could see her, she was sleeping. I tried grabbing her attention but I couldn't. The Sp was overwhelming I fell into a vivid dream which felt like it lasted a pretty long time being conscious I could control what happened. I was on a battlefield somehow I thought I had to get from A to B under heavy fire, I was surrounded so I made a run for it. I got to this trench than lost consciousness and fell back to sleep. awaking in my bedroom.

It was like a dream in a dream, has anybody experienced something like this before

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To Calilove 310

I had a very similar experience to the one you describe. Weird.

Here's a link to my thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyways. I know that this can be explained away by sleep paralysis, but just because science puts a name to it doesn't mean it is understood.

For some reason a lot of the time, the being sitting on the person's chest is female in appearance. This is described in myths all across the world. The word mare from nightmare is actually the old Norse word for demons or incubi.

Good luck to ya.

top topics

join