It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic EPA finding: Greenhouse gases harm humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Historic EPA finding: Greenhouse gases harm humans

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration took a major step Monday toward imposing the first federal limits on climate-changing pollution from cars, power plants and factories, declaring there was compelling scientific evidence that global warming from manmade greenhouse gases endangers Americans' health.

The announcement by the Environmental Protection Agency was clearly timed to build momentum toward an agreement at the international conference on climate change that opened Monday in Copenhagen, Denmark. It signaled the administration was prepared to push ahead for significant controls in
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ok here we go. What's next a new nice fresh air tax? That would be just great. I would just love to pay a little extra considereing i am forced to live paycheck to paycheck. Why not just give them all of my money then i could look for a handout everywhere i go. That seems like a totally better idea than working and actualy bearing the fruits of your labor.

Ill check back later im at work

MesOnTheFED!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What next? Personal fines for breathing? Assault charges for giving mouth-to mouth to people who stopped breathing?
"Yes officer, he blew poison gas into my lungs and I am now going to die a horrible death from persistent poison effects".

All hail the new "Bank of Blood and Gore" where a few select carbon bankers and speculators create a new economy to keep their money flowing.

(It really WAS "Blood and Gore", but the new name always slips out of my head, as the old one is so appropriate.)

What is really tanning my hide is the statement from the EPA.
To paraphrase, "we don't care whether congress passes any laws supporting our decision, we are going to enforce it anyway".

When a group of unelected federal bureaucrats makes laws and enforces them without authority from the people, the republic has died and become a dictatorship.
Stick a fork in the flag and tell me if it is cooked yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

Exactly. What the hell hapened to "No taxation without representation"? Instead they just take someones word for it. Thats rediculus. Im all for saving the planet, but i dont need it forceably shoved down my throat.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
EPA says the air is poison... but yet we have radiation, arsenic, etc.. in our water supply. This is Chicago Politics at it's best. It's basically telling the Congress... if you don't pass the Cap and Trade... we will have the EPA regulate everything that has to do with greenhouse gases.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
yeah c02 is dangerous. it can kill you. but this is a bit extreme tbh. its at dangerous levels. but not THAT dangerous

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We need to destroy all the evil carbon dioxide. Only then can we save the trees and ourselves from certain death and despair. Carbon is the bane of all life on earth and always has been. We need to be more like the other planets in our solar system who have very small amounts of carbon and should be awarded many carbon credits for their achievements.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
What next? Personal fines for breathing?

I hope so. I'm looking forward to the day when i can be a carbon bounty hunter and collect carbon credits by ridding the world of humans and other carbon based life... in other words all known life on earth.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That is absolutely amazing, since they have been adding fluoride to the public water supply for decades! Back in the forties it was used to poison rats! A recent study conducted by researchers from the State University of New York (SUNY) found that fluoride ingestion may be responsible for causing premature births. Presented to the American Public Health Association at its annual meeting... Fluoride Causes Premature Births, Brain Degradation, Bone Loss, Cancer and Hormone Disruption!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't get most of you. The CO2 is killing us, albeit slowly. I am glad the EPA finally got off their arses. Climate change is just a distraction from the real harm of all our CO2 emissions. We need to limit CO2 because we breathe the air and eat the plants which also absorb it.

I also say forget the carbon tax and just cap everyone's emissions. If you can't limit them to acceptable levels then you go out of business. Maintaing profits is alousy excuse for killing the population.

top topics

join