It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Disclosure bring peace to the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If the governments of the world or just the USA told us that aliens are real and visiting Earth, would wars continue across our planet?

As in Wars I mean people vs. people wars here on Earth, I'm assuming that the aliens would not be hostel since we haven't been destroyed so far.

Think about it, peace on Earth seems to be a impossible act, but would disclosure be enough to stop the fighting?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Think about it, peace on Earth seems to be a impossible act, but would disclosure be enough to stop the fighting?

Most conflicts around the globe have to do with the simple matter of resources. But after decades or even centuries it stops being about resources. Hatred becomes encoded on the very genes of the cultures. The revelation of an alien presence would do nothing to alleviate this hatred.

And if anything, disclosure may cause more conflicts. If some countries had access to alien technology and others didn't, those without would be willing to do anything to get that technology.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Peace to the world? Only if they disclose the technology that stops us fighting over scarce resources.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Peace to the world? Only if they disclose the technology that stops us fighting over scarce resources.

link   

link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the only way there would be peace on earth is if everything on earth died.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I saw this on youtube and decided to ask the question posted

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I find it interesting that a youtube video would incite you to ponder such a question - and this particular video at that. What I get out of this video, is that some folks showed up with some expectations and some folks provided for them.

I also feel disclosure as a lot of you type fans are hoping for will never come. Of course, I have been awaiting since 1964 and over the years you become to realize there probably isn't anything to disclose as the Government has no more idea what the phenomenon is about than you.

Anyway, in my pessimistic view, nothing will ever stop crime or war - human nature of course.

Thanks,
Vance

join