It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US Presidents Explain Climategate

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
I'd like to point out that the illegally-obtained private emails (and other data) that comprise "climate gate" do not disprove the rather obvious scientific fact that the earth is currently experiencing an overall warming trend.

The only evidentiary aspect of these communications are related to the possible unethical behavior of some of the scientists seeking to establish a connection with man's contribution to the warming of the planet.

The warming is indeed happening, and a collection of unethical scientists do not diminish the need to be concerned about the potential societal harm posed by the evolution of the planet's ecosystem.

There has been no warming since the turn of the Millennium. In the long term, YES, we have warmed up, and we have consistently stayed warmer ever since the last major Ice Age (Otherwise we would obviously still have Glaciers all the way down the Hudson River Valley in New York), but the Century long trend is currently in a cooling off period (ie, a Decline). The 1930's saw a crest in the High Temperature variation, while the latter half of the 1990's witnessed the exact same High-point (Which btw, was still below the Crest level in the 1930's/1940's). In the 1970's, which is the most often used launch point from which NOAA and others like to publicize the beginning of the alleged AGW, we saw the bottom of the Temperature Pattern Trough (ie, the Lowest Cyclical Temperature Point). Therefore, the expressed Forced Warming effect is disingenuous at best.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

I know one thing for certain. The water levels in Norfolk, va have risen about 5 inches since the 1920s based on historic flood levels in my neighborhood. That data was based on the casual observations of old timers with respect to the height and frequency of flooded basements and streets in my neighborhood.

It could also be that the land has sunk by 5 inches. We all know how that sandy Tidewater soil is. Tidal surge is also a huge factor in Norfolk. Not to mention the fact that increased dredging depths can also lead to an increase in High-Tide Levels, and the inland range of their Surges.

Dredge To Raise Bay Level.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
quick scan through this thread after reading page one in entirety,
one person mentioned the other planets heating up,
a handful of people mentioned the ice age due around now-ish.

I personally think global warming is the only thing stopping us from entering that ice age, I also think the ice age may happen anyway & that the warming cooling process is natural & occurs on all planetary bodies.

the ice age/warming cancelling each other out idea comes from my cousin who's an environmental scientist himself.

-B.M

P.S) the only people with the power to affect the weather in the span of a lifetime seems to be the people with access to the haarp facilities. I say get on with your life while it lasts, I also say that the universe is bigger than us & our planet and whatever happens will be accepted by the majority of lifeforms that exist in one way or another. Its us who will have to learn to deal with the outcome, 'come to terms' with it, so to speak.

I plan on being happy & living a fulfilling life even with a chip in my arm & myself in a smartcity banned from my freedom. I have the will, I will find the way

P.P.S) how can anyone 'blame' the sun? the sun can't make choices about what it will do next.....it just 'is'......maybe thats the lesson here, WE are the only living organisms involved in this, that have a CHOICE about what we want to do about it.

[edit on 9/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by mister.old.school

If we have to much CO2 then perhaps we should plant more trees. I am not being facetious. That could, quite possibly, be the simplest and cheapest solution.

You are missing something important; our weather is changing, but it is a direct result of solar weather. So if we want to control our weather, we need to fix the solar weather. Soon as you fix the sun, you will have fixed the Earth! But that would mess up a great way for the communists to raise our taxes.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I need to clarify something. Do people really think that scientists are sitting around, rubbing their hands together, saying, "Yes....yes...good. NOW my taxes can be raised for carbon credits MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!" These emails seem really, really convenient. Do mobsters sit around and discuss for anyone who may be listening in terms this clear? "You did in fact murder Frank Smith on January 22nd, right? Please make sure that Jimmy the Nose is aware, as he was planning on murdering Frank Smith himself."

I just guess I find no motive for these scientists to cook the data as these emails and theories allege. For job security? Really? Perpetuating a fraud on humanity for a paycheck?

I do reserve judgment, however, as I have not done enough research myself to speak with any kind of authority on the subject. I just wanted to chime re: motives for the scientists.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

If all the information and data is funneled from a select few large scientific institutions into the hands of most scientists for them to come to a conclusion...and that information has been manipulated to a certain degree. Well you get the picture. They are still trying to pass ridiculous simulations as proof alot of the time. Did the whole name change from global warming to climate change not happen because the simulations were completely wrong?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
I just guess I find no motive for these scientists to cook the data as these emails and theories allege. For job security? Really? Perpetuating a fraud on humanity for a paycheck?

A paycheck, yes.

But it goes much further: ideology.

Consider in all of the realms of science, which ones are most likely to attract exttremist environmentalists? I would guess science fields that deal with the earth's environment in particular. So there you have it.

If you read into typical environmentalist hype, its pretty obvious how they tend to push every idea possible of erradicating things they feel humans interupt. Many of these people hate humans, and literally view us as a virus on the face of the earth. They hate industrialization. They hate anything that humans do to change the environment. They know that typical renewable energy's cant solve all of mans energy needs, and they know that by restricting fossil fuels it will cause wide scale impoverishment and de-industrialization. If they're competant, then they also know that pverty always proves to harm the environment even more, and it even causes over-population. But they dont care. They hate industrialization too much to even compromise or reason.

The overall environmentalist agenda NEEDS something like Global Warming in order to carry out their greater ambitions, much like the Neocon's needed 9/11 in order to carry out their global imperialism agenda. Many of the Enviro's ambitions also includes literal Communism, as after all that is what is needed in order to effectively manage and ration all of the worlds resources. So yes, many of them believe in a communistic global government, and global warming alarmism is a key element of the world government trifecta (terrorism, economic meltdown & climate change) needed to carry out their communist agenda. The fact that they're in cahoots with the UN should say it all right there, and the emails I highlighted that mentioned the IPCC is the the icing on top of everything I just said.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
After looking into Mikhail Gorbachev, in the NWO context, my findings prompted me to start a new thread in a different forum category. If you're interested:

Gorbachev exposes 'Green' NWO communist conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
What? the weather changes? the climate fluctuates? shocking. Dense human populations and industries comprise what percentage of the earth's surface? 8% at the most? How big is the earth's atmosphere when compared to the exhaust belching factories, if any exist in the USA at all anymore? If the earth is warming, I am blaming the whales since oceans are 70% and would have a much great effect on the weather...erm climate.

What's next after global warming? we already did the population explosion scare, the nukes scare, the famine scare, I think we need an asteroid or comet to worry about. Add to the list of other things humans have adapted to over the ages.

oh and I am still waiting for those sea levels to rise. been waiting some 20 years now... and no I am not talking about fractions of an inch a year...

Mt. Everest isn't growing rather the sea level is falling...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by '___'eviant

A paycheck, yes.

But it goes much further: ideology.

Consider in all of the realms of science, which ones are most likely to attract exttremist environmentalists? I would guess science fields that deal with the earth's environment in particular. So there you have it.

If you read into typical environmentalist hype, its pretty obvious how they tend to push every idea possible of erradicating things they feel humans interupt. Many of these people hate humans, and literally view us as a virus on the face of the earth. They hate industrialization. They hate anything that humans do to change the environment. They know that typical renewable energy's cant solve all of mans energy needs, and they know that by restricting fossil fuels it will cause wide scale impoverishment and de-industrialization. If they're competant, then they also know that pverty always proves to harm the environment even more, and it even causes over-population. But they dont care. They hate industrialization too much to even compromise or reason.

The overall environmentalist agenda NEEDS something like Global Warming in order to carry out their greater ambitions, much like the Neocon's needed 9/11 in order to carry out their global imperialism agenda. Many of the Enviro's ambitions also includes literal Communism, as after all that is what is needed in order to effectively manage and ration all of the worlds resources. So yes, many of them believe in a communistic global government, and global warming alarmism is a key element of the world government trifecta (terrorism, economic meltdown & climate change) needed to carry out their communist agenda. The fact that they're in cahoots with the UN should say it all right there, and the emails I highlighted that mentioned the IPCC is the the icing on top of everything I just said.

For a paycheck....yes for a paycheck. I'll let Bobby explain it...

Peace

"There ain't no war but ours"....

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
I'd like to point out that the illegally-obtained private emails (and other data) that comprise "climate gate" do not disprove the rather obvious scientific fact that the earth is currently experiencing an overall warming trend.

The only evidentiary aspect of these communications are related to the possible unethical behavior of some of the scientists seeking to establish a connection with man's contribution to the warming of the planet.

The warming is indeed happening, and a collection of unethical scientists do not diminish the need to be concerned about the potential societal harm posed by the evolution of the planet's ecosystem.

They weren't private E-Mails. They were publicly funded on a publicly funded funded computer. They were subject to FOIA. How could they be illegally-obtained? They were saved from illegal destruction! Those who saved them were liberators!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by zarp3333

I know one thing for certain. The water levels in Norfolk, va have risen about 5 inches since the 1920s based on historic flood levels in my neighborhood. That data was based on the casual observations of old timers with respect to the height and frequency of flooded basements and streets in my neighborhood.

It could also be that the land has sunk by 5 inches. We all know how that sandy Tidewater soil is. Tidal surge is also a huge factor in Norfolk. Not to mention the fact that increased dredging depths can also lead to an increase in High-Tide Levels, and the inland range of their Surges.

Dredge To Raise Bay Level.

The land has sunk on my property (8 miles from the ocean). When I bought my house in 2000, there were no roots visible near the trees, now there are several. A stump that was cut off a ground level long before I bought the house now sticks up enough that I have to be careful to avoid ruining my lawn mower blades on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Human activities sunk New Orleans. A man madedisaster, that Al Gore likes to mention to scare everyone. Here in FL we get sink holes.

All of the above are due to humans and the NEED for water. The key to abundant water is CHEAP energy. Choke off energy prices and there goes the desalinated water advantage. Or am I mistaken?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join