It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie says hi, and...a question feat. Huffington News...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
HEY, i am a newbie here, i have this question and i have no idea which section i should put it in, so i am starting this "hello, hi" thread along with this question.

I enjoy reading random posts on this site, apparently, i have so many things to learn or get to know. I deeply regret i just got to know this site this year.
...yeah, my question. So I recently joined huffington news and started to comment news. It seems this site blocks some of their users' comments. Now I wanna know how you guys think of Huffington Post.

thanks for the time.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by tvkiller]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
HuffPo is more of a blog, and the 'news' there is filtered through an extremely left leaning filter. It'd make sense they'd also filter readers' comments the same so as to enforce their political agendas.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I would say they lean so left that they would be the opposite of White Aryan Resistance.

Welcome, and did you think you would get a lot of stars for this?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I read the Huffington post often some of the stories are interesting however look at the top stories right now Sarah Palin and Tiger Woods.The comments are generally a hate fest where they spend most of their time complaining about Palin the GOP and calling everyone racist.Comments do seem to get lost sometimes,others are moderated if bad language is used.A commenter called Rocafella a Eugenicist this comment was removed pretty quickly so there maybe some political censoring.But overall i like the site it's a very liberal perspective some of which i agree with some not.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
To me the thing with Huff Post is..

It leans very heavily toward one end of the spectrum. (Left in the case).
Sometimes things from there have to be taken with a grain of salt until verified from other sources.
However, they will sometimes pop up with a good, accurate story others have missed.

Huff Post isn't alone in this - there are other left wing and right wing sites that are similar..

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks, everyone, for your replies, it seems huffpo doesnt welcome all comments against its taste. Each post there usually has hundreds or thousands of comments, it just gives people a feeling that they accept all comments. Looks like the first impression is indeed wrong.

Originally posted by endisnighe
did you think you would get a lot of stars for this?

ha, i just got to know what u mean by star here. So, i didn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvkiller
Now I wanna know how you guys think of Huffington Post.

Good question. Long Answer?
The net is full of information, and it is rare to see a source that doesn't have a particular lens through which it sees and reports data. Couple of things about HuffPo...while it started out as a blog, it now sponsors investigative journalism and I do believe it has White House Press Gallery accreditation. I see that as a sign of its maturing, others will see it as a sure sign of a left-wing conspiracy. Still...I'd give them more cred than Jeff Gannon, so, again, it's all about the lens.

Further...if it has to be tagged, I'd say left, yes. Now I consider myself a moderate lefty of the Canadian variety - a Liberal. I note with amusement that those posters in this thread who consider HuffPo to be Far Left, even so far as to pillory it as the antithesis of the 'White Aryan Resistance'...well, I regard them as being pretty consistently far right themselves. So it's all about perspective.

The interesting truth is that by appearances, the best unbiased source of world news, seen through the most neutral lens, seems to be Al Jazeera English. Go figure, eh?

So...don't absorb Fox or CNN, weigh your sources to get some balance and run it through your value system and that's about the best way of collecting a worldview. Cuz ultimately, you are left to take somebody else's word for it unless you witness it yourself.

Short answer? Huffington Post? Generally not too far off the mark...in my humble biased opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughtful reply,
now since I am the one who started this thread, I'd very much welcome everyone to talk about their opinions in their replies, no matter how short or long it might be, I would read each word that can be found in the screen.

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
The interesting truth is that by appearances, the best unbiased source of world news, seen through the most neutral lens, seems to be Al Jazeera English. Go figure, eh?

There's no comment function after their news articles, as for blog posts, this thing can be disturbing:

Comments are reviewed by Al Jazeera prior to publishing, in accordance with Al Jazeera community rules and may take some time to be posted.

The fact is: few people comment there.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvkiller
Thanks for the thoughtful reply,
now since I am the one who started this thread, I'd very much welcome everyone to talk about their opinions in their replies, no matter how short or long it might be, I would read each word that can be found in the screen.

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

There's no comment function after their news articles, as for blog posts, this thing can be disturbing:
Comments are reviewed by Al Jazeera prior to publishing, in accordance with Al Jazeera community rules and may take some time to be posted.
The fact is: few people comment there.

My understanding is that there is a very well defined line between the English service and the Arabic TV service of some(times) notoriety. I'm sure the comments are vetted to keep things on an even keel...as postings here on ATS are also subject to moderation and review.

new topics

top topics

join