It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange weather ThunderSnow/ so much for global warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

What makes you think global warming is to blame?

Its winter in the northern hemisphere. If you get snow its global warming/climate change, if you dont get snow, its global warming/climate change.

I really wish people would actually do a little basic research in meteorology, you'd find that all these weather events aren't that unusual

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Once again I have to explain my tongue and cheek sarcasm went right over everyone's heads ... What I meant was where's the global warming when I wanted to wear shorts go swimming have a cold drink by the pool...

but oh no... I get stuck with business as usual...

however for may part of the world... a ThunderSnow is very rare...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I've been hearing a lot about this haarp thing up in alaska.Rumored to
cause changes in the weather patterns or even control the weather.Is
this a possibility?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well this proves it!!!

MAN DOES NOT EFFECT ANYTHING!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Oz would know better than I would.. but isnt this supposed to be an El Nino year? doesnt that mean colder and wetter than norm???

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
What happened to the Paradox theory associated with Global warming? What I'm refering to is in Whitley Strieber's book the Coming Superstorm he theorizes that as the Earth warms, more water is evaporated from the earth that causes more violent and extreme weather patterns eventually leading us into another Ice Age. Everytime someone says "So much for global warming" I think of this.

No offense to Whitley Strieber, but according to climatologists who have studied the climate, warming might only increase the strength of hurricanes by 1% -2% which means a hurricane with force winds of 100 mph, might increase in strength to 101 -102 mph...

There are other forces, real factors at play that are changing the climate, and causing the weather extremes, and that is not CO2.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by mamabeth

Oz would know better than I would.. but isnt this supposed to be an El Nino year? doesnt that mean colder and wetter than norm???

Yes, it is an El Nino year. The temperature extremes vary from country to country, and even state to state. I believe the southern parts of the US are supposed to be a lot wetter than normal while the northern parts are supposed to exprerience warmer than average winters as the polar jet stream is forced to a more northerly trajection.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
Well this proves it!!!

MAN DOES NOT EFFECT ANYTHING!!!

Don't you mean "affect"? and btw, how does the fact that Climate Change has been occurring immediately means "mankind did it"?...

Please don't start with the lies and exagerations that "all scientists agree with me, and the science is settled"....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

DaddyBare did you make that video? I have never experienced thundersnow here in New Jersey in all of my 41 yrs and I gotta say, That was awesome! I could only hope that sometime in my life I will get to experience it. Thanks for sharing your experience!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Yes, it is an El Nino year. The temperature extremes vary from country to country, and even state to state. I believe the southern parts of the US are supposed to be a lot wetter than normal while the northern parts are supposed to exprerience warmer than average winters as the polar jet stream is forced to a more northerly trajection.

Warmer than average temperatures in the north of the U.S.? Really? is that why I am stuck at home because it has been -1F -18F for the past week?.... is that why we had a very early winter, and temperatures in summer were not as hot? and at night in summers we had temps in the 60s..... Phew, if that is warmer than average, i don't want to know a cold year...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Warmer than average temperatures in the north of the U.S.? Really? is that why I am stuck at home because it has been -1F -18F for the past week?.... is that why we had a very early winter, and temperatures in summer were not as hot? and at night in summers we had temps in the 60s..... Phew, if that is warmer than average, i don't want to know a cold year...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Like I said, it varies from state to state. Its only the average temp that is supposed to be above average, so I guess it could warm up later in the season. Im just going of my current understanding of past El Nino's, but the USA isnt really my country of speciality

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Also....haven't you guys noticed that every year since 10 years back has been extreme in some way!

Either with heat, cold, hurricances...and to me, that is a sign something is going on. Or are you already getting used to the new climate? Cause these things were not normal 20-30 years ago!

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Back a few years ago i experienced something like ThunderSnow.

Except there was no thunder.

It was snowing heavy and i was driving through Nevada and i stopped to put on chains.
While i was chaining up there were these bright flashes all around but no noise of thunder.
The snow was coming down so heavy you could only see about 15 to 20 feet.
At first i thought it was power lines arcing from the snow till a few days later when i went back through the area and found there were no power lines for miles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join