It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Husband Did The Grocery Shopping, OMG...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I go shopping and I buy whole chicken, leg of lamb, beef, etc...
Then I get all the veggies, like mushrooms, lettuce, beans, corn, everything I need.
I probably spend more time in the fruit and vegetable section of the store than anywhere else. And it's off to the dairy section to get cheese, eggs, milk, sour cream, and that stuff.

Seafood is big on my list, I like my fish..........

BUT MY HUSBAND GOES SHOPPING.:shk:

I couldn't go, but he had a budget of around $200.00
Now I have no fresh food in the house, not even an orange.

He bought a stack of Swanson TV dinners, frozen panzerotti, meat pies, pre-cooked chicken bits, instant rice packs, boil and serve noodles, frozen meat patties, etc, etc, etc....

I just don't get it.

Everything he bought is heat and serve or instant crap with no nutritional value.

Is this the way the world is going ?
All we need now is a microwave oven and to thaw something from a box.

He actually thinks this is how you cook.
The time I spend in the kitchen making a meal just creates dirty dishes.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Lol Oh i know how you feel, Im also someone who loves fresh food and Vegs and always has a bowl of fruit out,

Send a man shopping and out the window that goes,
When i was ill i had to send out a man and he came back with chocs, Wine, Microwave meals, crisps, and loads of snack food.

When i cool for people they always comment on how great it tastes! And really its down to it being fresh rather than a TV meal,

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

It seems likely to me that these are some of his secret comfort foods.

Consider also the possibility that he chose all these things intentionally, so that you will never ask him to go shopping again!

D'you suppose he errantly heard you say "go get a bunch of football food?" Were there hot dogs, chili, chips and bottled liquid cheese? I guess you know that such foods are magnetically attracted to beer. Don't laugh! It's a little-known fact of physics and a rarely researched facet of Brownian Motion. :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Maybe he just wants to have a quick meal once in a while? Is that a sin? Manbashers............

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

saaaaaaaaay, I didn't break any of the terms of the secret mancode by saying that, did I??? OOOPS!!! dammitall, we're not supposed to talk about that!!!

NEVERmind.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Seriously Argentus?!?! Now you are publicly speaking about the secret mancode? :bash::bash::bash:

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just to make it clear, I'm also a man, and I know how to buy food.

I don't mind having snack stuff in the cupboard, but I also want fresh food like asala said.

I just went and looked, and yes, there are about 30 cans of beer in the bottom of the fridge. He seems to have got all his comfort foods and not much else.

I don't mind a quick meal once in a while, but still, you can't survive on that.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

M'Bride is a good cook, but doesn't enjoy cooking; she's probably cooked dinner less than a dozen times in the 21 years we've been married. I love to cook, t'ain't half bad at it, and so I do the shopping. Next time, maybe you should give your hubby a list -- that's the way I keep myself on track....... I make myself a retentive little shopping list, and pretty much stay to it............ except when shopping for FOOTBALL! weeeeeee!

Dangit, there goes another manpoint. I'm doomed.

reply to post by Karlhungis

Dangit, and just when I was getting my points built up again.
No wonder nobody ever tells me the really, really secret stuff.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

M'Bride is a good cook, but doesn't enjoy cooking; she's probably cooked dinner less than a dozen times in the 21 years we've been married.

We're in the same boat.
I do most of the cooking and the 21 years we've been together he likes to think he can cook, but it's always heat and serve or order in.

He actually thinks he made dinner if he orders delivery.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You killed me on this one........:bash:

Jiggling Pollen Granules

Einstein’s Theory: the Osmosis Analogy

An Atmosphere of Yellow Spheres

Langevin’s Theory

I may need to further my study in Brownian Motion.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

He actually thinks he made dinner if he orders delivery.

The operant thing is, who cleans up afterward? If I cook, I don't have to clean. That doesn't apply when I make tamales -- total kitchen devistation. You can tell when I've been manufacturing tamales as the cats have masa on their heads. ha!

Well, maybe your husband and you just need to negotiate an order of operations -- you cook, he cleans, or perhaps there are other trade-offs that you haven't mentioned? For example, I rarely have to deal with laundry, which I hate doing. We both do housework -- I do the gross removal, and she does the detailing.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm a man and I'll put it this way. Make me a list and I'll be in and out of the store in ten minutes. Make my wife a list and she'll be there for two hours getting everything on the list and more. I hate tv dinners, pot pies and just all around frozen meals. I'll take a stuffed leg of lamb, lasagna, pork chops, chicken, steaks, Salmon fillets etc... I'm thankful my mother and father both taught me how to cook a good home meal and that's what my family gets when I cook. On the other hand my wife thinks frozen pizza, frozen vegetables is the way to go. Nope, fresh fruit, veggies and meat is me all the way. Of course some charcoal, a grill and a nice sunny day makes me foam at the mouth.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The operant thing is, who cleans up afterward? If I cook, I don't have to clean. That doesn't apply when I make tamales -- total kitchen devistation. You can tell when I've been manufacturing tamales as the cats have masa on their heads. ha!

OK, my cats never end up with masa on their heads, but they do beg for the chicken or beef.

And no, I never have to clean dishes, I don't do laundry, and I don't clean the house.

I know I'm wandering off topic, but he looks after my needs in the home and I do the cooking and provide everything he wants.

It works, but he won't be going shopping again without a list..........

reply to post by Solarskye

Why can't I give you a star for your reply ?
It deserves it.

EDIT: One damn letter, but it made the sentence look bad.
Plus, I like to edit.

[edit on 8/12/2009 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My boyfriend is a super good cook, but he does tend to buy less fresh fruit/veggies than I do. However, he is much more likely to buy things like fish and potatoes and meat.

I just try not to pay attention to the shopping habits of boys my age. It's rather disgusting. And by that I mean my boyfriend lived off Cheeseitz, Sour Patch Kids, and Grape Soda for a couple of weeks.

Ew.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A husband should have to accompany and watch his wife shopping for a period of no less than 10 years before he is allowed to go shopping on his own.

Before I got married, my shopping comprised of all frozen dinners, ice cream, potato chips, beer, and cigarettes. One advantage of being a bachelor is that you don't need to use or wash dinnerware — you just need a solid supply of garbage bags.

After I got married, my wife put a stop to my shopping for anything except manly stuff at the hardware store. However, while I wasn't allowed to grocery shop, I was ordered to accompany her and watch her shop.

This apprenticeship continued for 10 years before she would allow me to go grocery shopping on my own... Now, although it feels very gay to me, I follow her routine when I go to the supermarket: Go straight to the fresh produce section first; then straight to the fresh bakery/deli section; then straight to the fresh seafood and meat section; then to the dairy section, et cetera, et cetera...

I'm also required to eat before I go grocery shopping — if you're not hungry, you don't make the impulsive food choices.

Of course, only after a husband knows how to shop, then comes his extensive training in bargain shopping. I'm pretty good at both now, although it took nearly 20 years to pound it through my skull.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/8/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I tried sending the ex hubby to the store with a list..never brought back the right thing anyway.
Nobody, but nobody..will ever shop with my money but me..ever.
Not even my kids..
I'm just obsessive compulsive that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well ... this husband is outraged by the gratuitous attacks, accusations, and flat out disinformation perpetrated on our species!

The shopping was sound.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ha! I absolutely refuse to go to the store without a list, and I'll get exactly what's on it. In fact, I go over the list with my wife before leaving just to clear up any possible ambiguity (Shredded cheese? Is that cheddar? Two cups or 4? Chicken? Whole or cut up? Skinless/boneless? 1% 2% or whole milk?)

I refuse to be held accountable for anything not clearly defined on the list. Since I spent the majority of my bachelorhood eating out of a pan over the sink, I'm not particularly picky. Since she is, she has to be very specific, or deal with the outcome.

We also have VERY different ideas about when leftovers are no longer fit for consumption. But that's a whole other issue.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
To go with husbands' shopping skillz:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Since I spent the majority of my bachelorhood eating out of a pan over the sink

I did that last night.

I rarely do any groceries and I eat out or order in most nights.
Ahhhh the life of the bachelor!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join