It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An American Soldiers Perspective, My Perspective

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I believe we need the military only to fight justified wars.

Who makes that decision? There were people in Congress during WW1 and WW2 who voted against it.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

The bad man was even a Noble peace prize winner in 2009... good thing the military stopped that one by refusing to go back to Afgha... oh nevermind.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

no argument here. Please just remember who give the order to go. (it ain't the sarg.)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeoplesSoldier

An American Soldiers Perspective, My Perspective

We do what we do because we are ordered to.

This same line was used over and over at the Nuremberg Trials....
Just following Orders does NOT make it Humane....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't know if people understand this but not every Marine or Sailor or Soldier or Airman is actually in the fight or close to it when they're in the combat zone.

As a Marine they say "every Marine a rifleman". Where that is true, it's also not true. It's not like they'll take all the Marines in one area and have them go out and begin the killing. They leave that to the combat related MOS'. Me? I sat in a damn server room making sure everyone could pass data over the interwebs. Did I go on patrols or convoys? Yes. I did. Was I scared? You bet your sweet @$$ I was. I was justa 19 year old kid who was barely 2 years away from mom and dad sitting in the desert where people want to kill me.

We're not blood thirsty monsters. We join to serve the american people by protecting them from other people that want to hurt them. That's why I joined. Call me blind if you want. Call me stupid or brainwashed, I don't care. Because in the end I have more pride in being an American. I have the courage to stand up for my beliefs in what you would call an "extreme" way. To me, I'm a proud patriot. To you I'm a brainwashed baby killer. Someone will see what's the truth and I know I'm right.

To know that the american people are disgusted by us, it makes me sad. I come near tears every time I hear about it. It's like having children that you would do anything for but they hate you in return. It cuts me deep, but there's one thing that makes it all the better. I know they have the freedom to say what's on their mind wihtout prosecution.

Before I end this, I just want to ask if any one that is a civilian knows what the current Rules of Engagement are. A curious question. There's a method to my madness.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

+1. Very well put.

That's a pretty good post coming from a Lance Coolie.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
sorry, never mind

[edit on 9-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We fight because the people you elected (or your parents elected) failed you. The military cannot send itself to combat not even if we wanted to. Our leaders did it. We will remind them of the consequences for calling us. They forget so quickly you know. After Vietnam when songs where sang and people danced and said never again, they forgot our sacrifice. They have to keep learning the same lesson and every generation must be taught.

Now, it wasn't a complete waste of time. Saddam deserved to be hung in that outhouse in Baghdad. Did you guys know that Uday used to have erectile disfunction? And when the ladies couldn't help him out he'd beat them to death and hang them on hooks throughout his palace. He died in a shot up house along with his big brother. That one was on the house. When it's all over two countries will be better than before it began, no matter what the puppets say, it is inevitable.

We do get blamed for a lot of civilian deaths. This morning a series of bombs went off in Baghdad killing 127 and wounding 448. I guess somehow we will get blamed for that as well which is fine. But when was the last time someone on here has blamed a terrorist? It's pathetic.

It's always the same arguments, the same worthless expressions. Let me say my parting piece and I will leave you back to your meaningless squabbling. I don't do what I do so you can have your freedoms. The people that represent you are taking them from you without you getting up off the couch to "rebel" or whatever the hell you think your capable of. I do this because I love it.

I already posted this on the other don't-rip-the-military-thread. The good thing about these is that your posts are all the same so here it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
To ThePeoplesSoldier,

I love what you said about the soldier's perspective, and I listen to it with great heart. I always wanted to talk to a Soldier especially in the American army. I want to ask you this. Being in the army for that amount of time what do you make of American soldiers? Do you believe that they fight based on their morals and ethics? or do they fight because they are told to? I ask this because of the next question. There are a lot of rumors/facts about the corruption of US leaders, AND about New World Order and Global Domination. If they were true, if the world knows the answer, if the American soldiers know that this is true and wrong...would they still fight for the Government of USA?

I hope that you would reply to my message. I need to know that Soldiers are humans too, i need to know that they can decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong, that they are not easily convinced if their leaders say that each race is a terrorist of some sort. Thank you for your insight. I greatly appreciate it.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Sly_U]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

+1. Very well put.

That's a pretty good post coming from a Lance Coolie.

Just cause I'm a Lance Coolie doesn't mean I don't have the experience. Sadly, I'm about to hit 4 years.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly_U
To ThePeoplesSoldier,

I love what you said about the soldier's perspective, and I listen to it with great heart. I always wanted to talk to a Soldier especially in the American army. I want to ask you this. Being in the army for that amount of time what do you make of American soldiers? Do you believe that they fight based on their morals and ethics? or do they fight because they are told to? I ask this because of the next question. There are a lot of rumors/facts about the corruption of US leaders, AND about New World Order and Global Domination. If they were true, if the world knows the answer, if the American soldiers know that this is true and wrong...would they still fight for the Government of USA?

I hope that you would reply to my message. I need to know that Soldiers are humans too, i need to know that they can decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong, that they are not easily convinced if their leaders say that each race is a terrorist of some sort. Thank you for your insight. I greatly appreciate it.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Sly_U]

Great questions and ill do my best!

Do soldiers fight based on ethics, morals, or orders? Wow, to be truthfull none! Its kinda like they train you everything you need to know, then they put you in combat. Very rarely will anyone EVER say hey go kill this person or that person, not to the average soldier atleast. Its more like move from point A to point B and stay alert. Then the soldier fills in the rest. This is why I say that its really sad that people would say that soldiers are murders when WE ONLY REACT TO things that happen. Some one shoots, you shoot back. A bomb goes off you secure the area then treat the wounded (Americans AND civilians). This is the reality of it. So thats why we say its tough because no one orders you to kill, you do that on your own free accord. THEN after it happens your leadership plays the monday morning quarterback to determin if it was legal or not.

For your next question thats a tough one as well. Would soldiers fall in line if the constitution was being abolished? Ya, sadly, I would say probly 70% atleast would do what they are told. As for me? I will not answer that due to the fact im still in the military and if anyone I works with discovers Im on here that could be bad for me.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeoplesSoldier

Well, now you see where your loyalty lies. If your commanders told you to turn against your people in a revolution would you even think twice? You might, but like you said, 70% would not question the orders. That is what pisses me off.

People keep mentioning "we are there to protect our people", how are you protecting us if there was no threat in the first place? An unjustified war was justified with 9/11. Doesn't that make you think a little bit?

If you think about it, the majority of the soldiers around the world think/thought they were protecting their nation. From the times Christians were told to follow God to death until now. If you look back, who were the Christians protecting themselves from? I understand you want to make a difference, but you should look and analyze the situation every now and then.

Understand that the majority of the populace are cowards, and it is up to you to stand up for our rights and constitution. If we were to stand up against the government we would be wiped out entirely. They would label us anarchists and send in the police/national guards/army, and you guys wouldn't hesitate to do what you are told..

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I apologize... I wasn't aware that ME a 23 year old SGT was supposed to effect change in 750 thousand soldiers! Your failing to realize that the majority of our service is made up of children. These children will either do what they are told OR WONT! The majority (70% or so) will do what they are told because they are afraid or need the money or agree! and 30% wont because they don't care or dont agree or want to go home! This is the way the world is! Show me 1 group of people that all 100% would can agree on somthing or are atleast all heading in the same direction. You can't because no one ever sees eye to eye.

Oh and as for me? I will do that which protects my family most. THATS where my loyalties are.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by ThePeoplesSoldier]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndofEvolution

We fight because the people you elected (or your parents elected) failed you. The military cannot send itself to combat not even if we wanted to. Our leaders did it.

You pointed out our first mistake because people listened to MSM rather than did their own research.

I don't do what I do so you can have your freedoms. The people that represent you are taking them from you without you getting up off the couch to "rebel" or whatever the hell you think your capable of.

Once again correct. It would make my day if people actually, "heard" that, and got up off the couch.
Not going to happen!
Very, very sad.

Originally posted by Equinox99

Understand that the majority of the populace are cowards, and it is up to you to stand up for our rights and constitution. If we were to stand up against the government we would be wiped out entirely. They would label us anarchists and send in the police/national guards/army, and you guys wouldn't hesitate to do what you are told..

Please understand truth soldiers, and never forget; the true original premise for the armed forces in the first place is to protect/serve the Populous of the nation; not to bully civillians into submission. I believe you might allready know that, but we need you now more than ever.

I truly feel for every one involved; as long as their actions are honorable. Which house you are from, Heaven or Hell? That might help for a measuring stick when SHTF.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Um, freedom has a very specific definition.

" exemption from external control, interference, regulation, etc."

So, in order for Iraq to threaten our freedoms, or Vietnam, etc. for that matter, they'd have to have external control over me. That would require setting up a government over me.

Are you seriously telling me with a straight face that Vietnam or Iraq possessed the intentions, and even harder to prove the capability, of crossing multiple oceans with an invading army of millions of men supported by naval vessels and aircraft to topple the US government and set up the United Vietnamese States of America?

If your answer is no then our troops can't be defending our freedoms..

I've lost freedoms since our troops have been fighting overseas so don't try to tell me their fighting for my freedoms; by any objective measure, they're actually fighting against my freedoms.

I'll wait for you to explain how the answer to that question can be yes but until then I'll leave it at US troops are nothing at the moment but idealized gangsters subjugating millions of people at gunpoint for corporate and individual profit.

If a group of Americans volunteered directly for the defense industry corporations to go shoot and bomb people for oil and defense contracts they'd be considered criminals and terrible people (and tried for a laundry list of crimes)..

If they put on a camo uniform with the words marine on it they're considered heroes..

I judge people as individuals and their own actions; the collectivist group they belong to means nothing.

(Don't necessarily believe all this, just arguing for argument's sake)

[edit on 12/11/09 by RedDragon]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I truly feel for every one involved; as long as their actions are honorable. Which house you are from, Heaven or Hell? That might help for a measuring stick when SHTF.

I'm an atheist but I find it ironic that most US troops are Christians. By the definitions of their own religion, all US servicemen serving in Iraq are going to Hell since the Bible actually does have some requirements for going to war that the Iraq war doesn't meet.

Of course I believe Hell doesn't exist but I still find it funny nonetheless.

(again arguing for argument's sake because since I'm an atheist I obviously don't believe all US servicemen in Iraq and from Vietnam or whatever conflict are going to Hell even though they will according to the Bible)

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

OK, I will type it slow this time. forget about Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, The Falklands, Panama, Kosovo, and any other conflict that the US military may have been involved in over the years.

Every night, while you snuggle up with your pillow and dream of sugar plumbs, soldiers, airmen, marines, sailors, and guardsmen, are patrolling the perimeter of our country. They will continue to do this every night while you sleep. Because they are there, a big nasty tank is not going to roll up in front of your house and wait there for you to open up the front door to get the paper and blow you into unrecognizable pieces. If that happened, I think we all agree that your freedom to exist might be infringed upon.

I am not sure I can explain it any other way so I hope you understand.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

(again arguing for argument's sake because since I'm an atheist I obviously don't believe all US servicemen in Iraq and from Vietnam or whatever conflict are going to Hell even though they will according to the Bible)

I am not trying to turn this into a religious debate. That conclusion is a matter of perception. I do not in any way believe that they're going to hell as long as their conscious is, "reasonably" clean.

I am talking only to the soldiers that, "get me".. Because you have chosen to intemperate what I am saying to them, doesn't make your interpretation so. Please don not do that.

Soldiers, I feel like many of you are more like my own children than, "demonic bad guys".. Please read my above post one more time; it might be more clear..

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

And while other people sleep in other countries, that same US military is playing fast and loose with their safety, possibly even plotting to bomb them or subvert their government. It goes both ways, you know.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
No thinking person could blame mere soldiers for obeying their orders..it is the fault of the civilian criminals that bring false wars for profit and death to all those in the way of profits.

But, soldiers should NOT assume that they are in any way doing a noble job; they are the muscle for the crooked military/industrial complex and should always know that if they are fighting OFF of US soil, they are NOT proptecting us from anything....they are protecting the war mongering bosses from justice and a rope around their necks for treason.

Common soldiers, like cops, always have a built in excuse: I was just following orders...but that is no excuse for actions that are clearly and convincingly illegal and in violation of our treaty obligations ( remember that treaty obligations are supreme in the Constitution and MUST be obeyed despite ' orders'.

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan being ' better off' , thats a bad joke. We have killed over a million human beings and caused untold destruction for many years, all based on LIES. LIES from the Bush and Cheney cabal began this mess, proven now ...but because the political system is crooked we cannot get true justice. Wars for profit are ILLEGAL, and Bush and Cheney SHOULD be swinging from a rope at Spandau Prison...hopefully a hemp rope for irony..after a trial at least as fair as the one Jose Padilla got..sound like a plan?

In the meantime, the perps of 9-11..the same perps that began this phony war...the same eprps that have destroyed the Constitution..still swagger around DC spewing more lies while the cowed politico's ignore all evidence and bury all truth..and THESE are the men you are taking orders from?? What a mess..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join