It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Ambidextrous Computer Experts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Can a hard drive be partitioned to contain both Mac and Windows partitions? If so, how? All tips appreciated.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Apple has a program called Boot Camp check it out here

www.apple.com...

Its included with Mac OS X.5 and X.6 versions.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Thanks, I'll look into it. I'd heard of it before but it didn't come to mind since I was hoping to do this from the PC side of things.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I can't speak for OS X but I know windows likes to try to take up the whole disk if you aren't careful when doing the partitioning. When I did dual boot configurations with Linux and Windows I would always do the windows install first then let the Linux installer resize the partition to something reasonable for the two operating systems to live side by side in relative peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The only way to get Mac on a PC is Hackintosh. I haven't tried it and wouldnt recommend it unless you know what you are doing.

I have Windows 7 and Mandriva Linux on my laptop. Never used any recent Macs.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If it is a desktop I will make a suggestion. Just add a second hard drive and use the bios to switch which one you want to boot from. It keeps everything separate and safe from the other OS.

The above works for any OS combo. Boot managers are nice but if your not careful when adding the second OS, things might get screwed up.

top topics

join