It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions And Marian Apparitions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
As a Catholic, I'm, perhaps, more inclined to believe in Marian apparitions than non-Catholics. I'm firmly convinced that Fatima occurred and that the predictions given were true prophecies. Of course, there's the whole controversy over whether the 3rd prophecy (which was revealed on May 13, 2000) WAS truly revealed. Anyway, I digress.
I've also followed St. Malachy's prophecies over the years as well. My impression has always been that JPII will be followed by one more Pope and then, by Petrus Romanus, who will be a "false" Pope.
It's also interesting that Pius X had the prophecy that one day he, or another Pope, would have to leave the Vatican and walk over the bodies of the slain priests.
Anyway, we do live in interesting and scarey times. In one sense, it's an exciting time to be alive and, in another sense, it's a time of much uncertainty.
joey

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It's like watching a great big movie and its starting to climax. Its exciting, and ominous all at once. Personally, I hope not within my lifetime, but if it is, I am just going to sit back and go...see...
Told ya there was a God.

LOL

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
fin
My feeling is that something is definitely happening. I think there's a very real possibility of the Warning or something like it in the very near future. I don't believe that the second coming of Christ is that close though. I believe that we will have a chance to clean up our collective act, so to speak, and, if we don't, there will be the Chastisement. What it really comes down to is placing God first in our lives and doing away with earthly idols.
CS

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
CS,
I started reading this last night, pretty interesting. Do you have some more sites on this that are any good? Maybe you could U2U them to me. I'm a newbie and this was one of the reasons I joined.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks PC
I'll send a U2U
CS

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Pisky and Paraclete,
Here's a couple more sites for you.
www.ladyofallnations.org...
www.faustina.ch...
Have fun!
CS

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, CS.
I have to say that the prophecies of Medjugorje and Garabandal are fascinating. In particular the concept of the 'Warning', where everyone experiences it at the same time no matter where they are or what they are doing.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
CS
Thanks for the other sites. Like someone else posted, it's like a movie coming to the climax. This is an exciting time to be alive. Maybe a little scary too!
AE

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Every year is a pivotal year for these people.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
RD,
In the past I've said the same thing, this year, well, it's gonna be an interesting ride!
CS

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok, I think I screwed up on my first try - I think I started a new thread instead of replying to this one. What I wanted to say is that I stumbled onto this particular thread and decided to join as I have never found any others who have had similar 'feelings' and thoughts. I have been following Marian apparitions and prophecy for about 10 years on and off. Like you all, I have had my own experiences to shape my convictions. I, too, have been having feelings of anticipation for some time and have been watching the news as the big picture develops. It is so very nice to have finally found 'kindered spirits'.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Welcome Quiet Watcher!!

We are definitly living in an interesting time! There are some recent threads about "statues crying rose oil" and the such also on ATS on the discussion board. You may be interested!

Again...welcome!

...fin

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Welcome Quiet Watcher.
Happy to have you here and glad you like the thread!
CS

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to delving into the links and other threads!

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
QW,
Have you checked out those links?
CS

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Towards the end of World War I, the Virgin Mary appeared in Fatima (Portugal) to three children and gave the 'Three prophecies of Fatima'. Two of them were released while one was kept secret by the Vatican until the year 2000. At that point, the Vatican released a message that they said was the third prophecy.

Hi all, I'm a newbie and felt compelled to respond to this thread. I was under the assumption that Fatima wanted the third secret revealed in the 60's , but the papal council disobeyed her wishes. The secret finally came out in 2000 and was not about a earthquakes or meteors. Fatima claimed that the Roman Catholic church would collapse. The article I read hinted that the cause of this is due to the way the RC church constantly covers up the sexual abuse the priests commit and that a Muslim religion would walk up the steps of the Vatican.

Anybody read anything similar?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Yes, Monkey, I have heard something similar. What I heard was that the prophecy released by the Vatican was not the true one.
Later on there was a Marian prophecy which confirmed this (I'm not sure which one). In this prophecy, the BVM said that Satan had entered the church and was corrupting it, but that Pope JPII was not responsible.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Pisky,
Thanks for your post, I glanced at the link and will read it later. Be careful of the Leuken stuff. That has been condemned by the local bishop because of theological errors and heresy. The thing about Garabandal is that some of the seers have been to the Vatican and met the Pope - at his invitation. This was back in the 60's or 70's. One of them directly received a Papal blessing. This is very unusual. There's something else as well. The prediction that JPII will be the last pope. Check it out, here's another site www.garabandal.us...

If your interested in this kind of stuff, I can give you a bunch of sites that are very helpful.

CS

Padre Pio is quoted as having said that he believed Mary was appearing in Garabandal. However, three church investigations have come up with Garabandal 'not being of supernatural origin'. I think it is supernatural, but not in a good way. But of course - that's must my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Yes, Monkey, I have heard something similar. What I heard was that the prophecy released by the Vatican was not the true one.
Later on there was a Marian prophecy which confirmed this (I'm not sure which one). In this prophecy, the BVM said that Satan had entered the church and was corrupting it, but that Pope JPII was not responsible.

Do you have an links which have info on the later Marian prophecy that you heard? Doesn't the Bible say somthing along tyhe lines Satan would never succeed in destroying the Church? I'd be interested to hear people's thought on this.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps13
Do you have an links which have info on the later Marian prophecy that you heard? Doesn't the Bible say somthing along tyhe lines Satan would never succeed in destroying the Church?

It was from one of the 'Bayside Prophecies'.

Bayside - The Third Secret of Fatima

As with all reports of BVM appearances, you need to consider all the evidence. Bayside is considered one of the most unlikely sites due to certain prophecies contradicting known scripture.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join