It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats for regime change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I still can't get over this. High ranking dems and Clinton on Iraq, some quotes pasted below. Kerry is a president hopeful (hopefully not, I hope
). Seems like they are saying what the current administration is saying - but, this was in 1998 when the 'Iraqi Liberation Act' was passed. Dennis Kucinich, who is now suing the president and going to run for president, voted for this 'act' as did all of the Senate (Kerry and Daschle). Why the change of heart?

John Kerry: "Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East."

Tom Daschle: "Look, we have exhausted virtually our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so?' That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply, and we are doing so militarily." AND Daschle said the resolution would "send as clear a message as possible that we are going to force, one way or another, diplomatically or militarily, Iraq to comply with international law." And he vigorously defended President Clinton's inclination to use military force in Iraq.

Clinton: "We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st century." "They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."
AND he said: Iraq, which he calls an "outlaw nation" in league with an "unholy axis of terrorists, drug traffickers and organized international criminals." AND The president's warnings are firm. "If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." The stakes, he says, could not be higher. "Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Just proves how hypocritical the left is. They really don't care a damn thing about the U.S. They just want the power.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
My thoughts also.They flip flop so much my neck hurts.
Daschle I think is the worst.A year ago he was in favor of military force,if needed.A couple months ago he was against force.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No leftist's have a comment on this?

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why is it that anyone who says they are a Democrat are automatically labeled a "leftist"? My guess is that one reason that no one from the "left" has responded is... what would be the point? I can't defend anything any politician says, Dem or Repub. In my opinion they are ALL idiots (Dems & Repubs) who pander to the lowest common denominator to win votes so that they can push their corporate driven agendas.

Besides, if someone even tried to legitimatley defend the above quotes that person would most likely just be called names by others on the board. So why try?

And for the record there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE difference bewteen a leftist and a liberal. A leftist leans more towards communism and total societal equality regardless of each individuals ability. True Liberals on the other hand believe that people with ability but without resources should be given the opprotunity to try and improve their lot. To allow for the best of the best to make it to the top regardless of from whence they began. We do not however, believe that those chances should be unlimited nor do we think all people have the same abilites.
Also being a liberal does not automatically make you antiwar, just look at the lovely conflicts that liberals got us into: the Civil War (yes, although a Republican Lincoln was a liberal), WWI (Wilson an avid Liberal, a racist and a hyper missionary but a liberal nonetheless), WWII (FDR, was most assuredly a liberal), Vietnam (although this is highly debated amounst scholars as to who was responsible for getting the U.S. there I think you could safely peg it on FDR or Kennedy, BOTH liberals).
So if you are looking for the views of Communist's you should use the term leftist. Otherwise pick a different term.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok...does anyone that thinks Bush is Hitler and Clinton was a god have a comment on this

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thank you for the clarification. 'Fore I am a Liberal who thinks Clinton was a Cad. And I don't like Pres. Bush much but in the end he IS the Commander in Chief.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   
...But he's also completely unsuitable for the job...Let's fire him.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What makes him unsuitable for the job? Please clarify your thoughts. Bush has a backbone. Clinton did not. Bush might not be the smartest guy in the world, but he has a smart cabinet and advisors. He has done everything right so far since he got into office, considering the bad circumstances he had to deal with.

posted on Feb, 27 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
these democrat politicians are incompetent...
i would guess many of them are just keeping up appearences.

however, i can't blame them... they don't have much of a voice since the house & senate are run by the republicans.

bush seems like a nazi so far... he's got the one-party system set up & all.

[Edited on 2-28-2003 by echelon]

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
...But he's also completely unsuitable for the job...Let's fire him.

No he is not, you raving lunatic!

Actually, the man is a leader, and I can understand why you and others have a problem dealing with that. We haven't had one of those since Reagan.

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by grunt_ignited
What makes him unsuitable for the job? Please clarify your thoughts. Bush has a backbone.

But he's raising it up *against* the Constitution & all it stands for...Even after taking the Oath to defend & uphold it. Even though it's not *technically* against the Constitution, he still had the gall to *pardon himself*!

Do you have an awareness of what's contained in his Homeland Security Act? It's merely the tip of a very *large* iceburg of how he tramples on anything or anyone who even so much as disagrees with him.

Originally posted by grunt_ignited Bush might not be the smartest guy in the world, but he has a smart cabinet and advisors.

...But he doesn't listen to them or take their advice, even though he *appointed* them to give him advice in the first place. I'm not talking merely about public opinion polls being disregarded...He disregards *anyone* who tells him things he doesn't want to hear. It's well documented, by his own advisors, that he simply doesn't take the advice that they give him. So it doesn't matter how smart his cabinetr & advisors are if he won't listen to them.

He has done everything right so far since he got into office, considering the bad circumstances he had to deal with.

When he went after bin Laden, he rabble-roused the American Public into a frenzy for revenge. Even before the evidence could be gathered & analyzed correctly, he sent our boys overseas to get him. He used standard military procedures & tactics against a decidely "unstandard" enemy...Which resulted in bin Laden getting away. And then Bush even gave up on trying to get bin Laden, instead switching targets to a *sovereign nation* instead of the terrorists that he *said* that he was going after in the first place. The ruler of that sovereign nation, while not being one of the most ethical people in the world (to put it mildly), is being hounded for the basest & most personal reasons..."He almost killed my Daddy". Yes, that's a *direct* quote from Bush.

He manages to get inspectors into Iraq to hunt for illegal WMD's, but he pushes ever-decreasing time limits for the inspectors to do their jobs & come up with reasonable results based on those inspections...Bush just wasn't getting to hear what he *wanted* to hear.

He's alienating the UN, he's alienating US allies & even alienating US Citizens...All because he has a personal hatred for Sodamn Insane.

He was a heavy drug abuser...Even if he's been "clean" for a couple of decades or so, the brain damage does *not* heal.

He was AWOL from his own military duty & skipped out on flight training so he could work on someone else's campaign...And tried to hide that from the standard background check required before "assuming" Office.

So let me ask *you*...What has he done right?

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

What makes him unsuitable for the job? Please clarify your thoughts. Bush has a backbone.

But he's raising it up *against* the Constitution & all it stands for...Even after taking the Oath to defend & uphold it. Even though it's not *technically* against the Constitution, he still had the gall to *pardon himself*!

Do you have an awareness of what's contained in his Homeland Security Act? It's merely the tip of a very *large* iceburg of how he tramples on anything or anyone who even so much as disagrees with him.

Originally posted by grunt_ignited Bush might not be the smartest guy in the world, but he has a smart cabinet and advisors.

...But he doesn't listen to them or take their advice, even though he *appointed* them to give him advice in the first place. I'm not talking merely about public opinion polls being disregarded...He disregards *anyone* who tells him things he doesn't want to hear. It's well documented, by his own advisors, that he simply doesn't take the advice that they give him. So it doesn't matter how smart his cabinetr & advisors are if he won't listen to them.

He has done everything right so far since he got into office, considering the bad circumstances he had to deal with.

When he went after bin Laden, he rabble-roused the American Public into a frenzy for revenge. Even before the evidence could be gathered & analyzed correctly, he sent our boys overseas to get him. He used standard military procedures & tactics against a decidely "unstandard" enemy...Which resulted in bin Laden getting away. And then Bush even gave up on trying to get bin Laden, instead switching targets to a *sovereign nation* instead of the terrorists that he *said* that he was going after in the first place. The ruler of that sovereign nation, while not being one of the most ethical people in the world (to put it mildly), is being hounded for the basest & most personal reasons..."He almost killed my Daddy". Yes, that's a *direct* quote from Bush.

He manages to get inspectors into Iraq to hunt for illegal WMD's, but he pushes ever-decreasing time limits for the inspectors to do their jobs & come up with reasonable results based on those inspections...Bush just wasn't getting to hear what he *wanted* to hear.

He's alienating the UN, he's alienating US allies & even alienating US Citizens...All because he has a personal hatred for Sodamn Insane.

He was a heavy drug abuser...Even if he's been "clean" for a couple of decades or so, the brain damage does *not* heal.

He was AWOL from his own military duty & skipped out on flight training so he could work on someone else's campaign...And tried to hide that from the standard background check required before "assuming" Office.

So let me ask *you*...What has he done right?

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

Try telling all this to Bush and his supporters. I'm with you totally on this, although I'm for gettin' ridda Saddam with force.

Bush is seriously mentally unstable, and those he has brainwashed into thinking he is God also refuse to believe his foolishness. We need to show the Bush-supporters that he is well, nuts. Let's take 'em to mr. Bush's house and spend a day with The Bushes:

and now, episode 61 ofThe Bushes.

Bush: Wull i... but he... and then I... an he..... Saddam has...

Fleischer: Well, Mr. Bush, we have many things on the agenda.... What's wrong, Mr. Bush?

Bush: 's Saddam... he.... and I.... LAURA!!!!!!!

Mrs. Bush: Yes, dear? WTF do you want? i'm not arguing with you on that nice Mr. Hussein again.

Powell: Here's our plan, Mr. bush. *takes a bunch of die-cast planes, tanks, and battelships and moves them on a map from the Gulf to Baghdad* D'you approve?

Bush: Yes... I... uh.... LAURA!!!!
*scene darkens* Thank you for watching The Bushes.

heh. That is what it must be like to be Bush at his household. Let's interview the president next to Michael Jackson, and then throw them in the same mental institution.

top topics

join