It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicists Stick To Warming Claim Post-ClimateGate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Physicists Stick To Warming Claim Post-ClimateGate

www.cbsnews.com

The professional association for physicists is facing internal pressure from some of its most distinguished members, who say the burgeoning ClimateGate scandal means the group should rescind its 2007 statement declaring that global warming represents a dire international emergency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Big Oil Behind Copenhagen Climate Scam

APS Council Overwhelmingly Rejects Proposal to Replace Society’s Current Climate Change Statement
Copenhagen climate change talks must fail, says top scientist

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Basically, many physicists put pressure on American Physical Society again (they did this in November), of whom these physicists are members, to reconsider the official position, saying that this hysteria is a bit unscientific. The article continues:
“Pressure on this venerable society of physicists, which was founded in 1899 at Columbia University, is coming from members who are squarely in the scientific mainstream and are alarmed at the state of climate science revealed in the leaked e-mail messages and program files from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit.”

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-12-2009 by mushibrain]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The biggest thing I see on your linked information is the supposed consensus of the Physicists. Which is not true. Their is a consensus among the committee but not of the members at large. I wonder why they have not allowed a direct vote of members? We are beginning to see the more they try to hide the facts the more they are slipping out.

Can anyone say "hide the decline". YouTube search it, from the group M4GW.

From your links-

A few of the members here have sent out a letter.

They've been circulating a letter saying: "By now everyone has heard of what has come to be known as ClimateGate, which was and is an international scientific fraud, the worst any of us have seen... We have asked the APS management to put the 2007 statement on ice until the extent to which it is tainted can be determined, but that has not been done. We have also asked that the membership be consulted on this point, but that too has not been done."

And from the American Physical Society

The Council’s vote came after it received a report from a committee of eminent scientists who reviewed the existing statement in response to a petition submitted by a group of APS members. The petition had requested that APS remove and replace the Society’s current statement. The committee recommended that the Council reject the petition.

I can understand non-transparency in government but science, we must be back in days of Church Heresy

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
All we can expect to see is people towing the official stance regardless of all the evidence to the contrary... unless there is some kind of miracle that turns snake oil salesmen into people of conscience.

IRM

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
None of the physicists whom I have ever had the pleasure of speaking with, have endorsed AGW. As a matter of fact, many of them have been extremely disappointed and disgusted by the overall field of Climatology for quite some time now.

After Michael Mann's infamous "Hockey Stick" graph was rightfully torn to shreds, and yes, quite a few physicists really slashed it to pieces themselves, I heard one such scientist exclaim: "FINALLY, maybe now we can begin to bring true science back to this once respectable scientific field (Of Climatology)".

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
THis is one of the lead headlines from the supposedly impartial BBC, here in the UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

The brainwashing goes on..............

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
S&F. Flag stuff that matters to you people! Decent in their rnaks, or rather dissenters finally having a vioce, at all levels, needs to be applauded and underscored. For too long the chairs of these huge groups have been decreeing Alarmism based on the IPCC reports, with little to no input from their members which are often beyond 10,000.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
THis is one of the lead headlines from the supposedly impartial BBC, here in the UK

news.bbc.co.uk...

What is the bbc on, i worked for them, and no wonder they come out with this bull.

London has had rubbish summers recently fact. What are they even talking about. In london this year we had 1 week of summer, fact.

This is just pure bull.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

That’s exactly what I say. Or rather didn't exactly say
but thought it.

You have a small group of bureaucrats who used to be physicists at the top of APS, they have to worry about many things as part of their job and science is only one of them, therefore they are not impartial in their statements. And they cannot be, even if they wanted, otherwise they'll loose their jobs. Remember what happened to a scientist in similar position in the UK? He was an advisor to the government on drugs, who said that cannabis is less dangerous than alcohol, scientifically speaking (news article here), and so he was fired. Who cares about science if you have convergence of religion and the state?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Unfortunately, BBC is full of the people at the top who take the money from the public (BBC is financed by the TV License tax) but serve someone else, just like some of the scientists. UK is probably leading the crusade, so no surprises there, the alternative physics society in the UK, called Institute of Physics endorse the AWG movement, here is the message to world leaders in Copenhagen compiled by IoP bureaucrats, which is little more than a pitch to commit more money to physics as well for research of climate change (if you read the pdf on that page), which is the right thing to do for IoP, play the politics, ask for more money - please understand that this is the only way science can survive in current set up, buy sucking up to politicians. I love the subtlety of the message, they do not exactly say that AWG is definite, but that it is "conceivable" and models (note, models based on Physics, a hard core physics (light scattering, spectrum analysis, macro scale thermodynamics), not climatology) are the best way to understand the problem (as in we do not understand it yet).

I wish believers understood that science at the top is not impartial. You are not allowed to research areas that are outside the agenda of either politics or big companies (which is often the same). When I say not allowed, subtlety is the key, things are not banned openly, but everyone knows what is expected of them.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC are far from impartial. They are totally left wing and jump on the band waggon more times than a guitarist with the squits!

From the report on ITV's Central Today last night however, I would say that ITN are very impartial. They have been doing a daily report on climate change, but have been looking at it from both sides and last night, they had a scientist on who was a AGW skeptic (if anyone watched this and remembers his name, please tell me, because it's driving me nuts now).

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

I thought BBC to be impartial for some time, but this is because I was comparing it to US media
and on the issue like war. Total black out of ClimateGate on BBC telly, and few other scandals destroyed any respect I had for BBC.

new topics

top topics

join