It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhagen talks tough on climate protest plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Copenhagen talks tough on climate protest plans

timesofindia.indiatimes.c om

Officials have made it clear that they aim to keep the peace during the 12-day conference, organized under UN’s auspices. From new laws rushed through parliament allowing stiffer fines and extended detentions for those deemed unruly, to public displays of anti-riot and emergency equipment, leaders here say they are preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Man Arrested for Exercising Free Speech in Front of Liberty Bell
Today's America: Fear Society or Free Society?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
So, their is a gathering of all of the governments of the world trying to agree on how they are going to run the new Carbon Credit treaty to stop Global Warming.

To make sure everything goes smoothly they have written specific laws to increase fines and detention for protesters.

I wonder if they have set up the infamous free speech zones?

I am including some threads of examples of what is done when the people are actually protesting.

Question for all of you, when the governments of the world set up fake protests or protests that they want to happen, do they do these type of draconian things?

When this is all said and done, let us look at the protests comparing the two different type protests. The ones that are for the global warming agenda and the ones against it.

Let us see which one is the one they want.

If I missed a related thread mods do your thing.

timesofindia.indiatimes.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

join