It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red marks on back of neck

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My daughter & I have the same red marks on the back of our necks just into and below our hair line...
It was first noticed when my daughter was a few months old....it just suddenly appeared...and shortly after my husband noticed the same mark on my neck in exactly the same area...but it hadn't been noticed before!
It was something I had forgotten over the years,but something made me remember last night,so asked my husband if I still had the mark,and he confirmed I had went and checked my daughter and she has too! both are not as visible as they are more into the hairline....but when they were first noticed approx 15 years ago they were very visible....
Just wondered if anyone knew what they maybe....we thought birth mark's? but can birth marks just suddenly appear

They don't hurt,are not raised in anyway...but they are exactly the same mark on both of us and same colour...
May I also add we are both r-neg blood type & both have experianced paranormal experiances...whether thats relevent I do not know....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Hi,

Can I ask what made you remember after 15 years ?

Also can you take a picture of the red marks as well?

Also what paranomal experiences have you had?

Thanks.

[edit on 8/12/2009 by TheDon]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by special

My suggestion would be to ask your doctor if you are truly curious about it. I really don't know what it could be, I see no reason to rule out something ordinary though.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Actual photographs will help determine what the cause of these marks is.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My sister and I both had birthmarks that sprung up, mine is what looks like a patch of veins raised to the skin, but hers was in the bottom middle of her back and looked like a kiss with lipstick. Weirdly it just kinda dissolved away again over a few years but mine's still there!

Hers looked really cute to be honest... mine looks like I got dvt lol

With it being just you and your daughter, it couldn't be some kind of hair product you use? Just thinking you could share a shampoo or something that could be causing a skin reaction

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've always wondered about the marks that both myself and our daughter got, mine was on my left leg on the calf, it had a mild brown ring and a black centre. She developed hers just on her 1st birth, it was on her navel next to the belly button.

What's weird is both were identical in look and shape and both had hard centres to them. Mine was in my leg for 30+ years until about a year ago I squeezed it and a black round bit like a small flint came out. Hard as rock it was, when I saw hers I also gave it a squeeze and like mine it popped out and again was exactly the same.

I'm not saying they were implants but did wonder if there's a natural complaint that can make the body create these things.

And it wasn't a spot, I hit the pellet thing with a hammer and it didn't do a thing so I doubt it was a hardened spot.

Since removing these things I was left with no mark, she has a very small brownish bit of skin from where it was. We both share very similar birth marks so I put it down to that...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I second a request for photos, but I can tell you there are two acupuncture points right where you described.

It could be either Feng Fu, or Ya Men. Do you usually have stiff neck? Are you sensitive to wind? The colour "mark" could be a sign its blocked up.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Though pictures would be helpful, I believe my two sons have the same mark you are describing. It is called a "stork bite" birthmark and is very common. It usually appears within the first month after birth, but can be so light colored that it is barely noticable. My boys have identical marks, and I always thought they were somehow heriditary, but wiki disagrees with me!

Stork Bite Birthmark

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Thanks for replies....

Deffinatly not a hair product we use.....

Don't know what made me remember after 15 years,could have been something I was watching on tv..really haven't a clue?? but out of curiosity wanted to see if we both still had them...which we have...

It doesn't worry me,so wouldn't waste my doctors time as it isn't sore,irritated or anything like that,just a mark thats all that we both have...

I do get neck pain...but can't see that it would also apply to my daughter as she has the same thing and her's appeared when she were a few months old...can't see the mark and neck pain I get being related...but understand what you are saying..

Will try and get some pics this evening...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Do you know if there are any pics on the net of stork marks?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I have one of these marks - I'll see if I can get one of my co-workers to help out.

I have people comment on it all the time (movies, lines, football games, etc - I guess whenever they're behind me, for whatever reason)

Most assume it is a birthmark - but, it's more red, like a rash, than tan/brown.

But, it's definitely a discoloration of some kind - [just now took the picture] - appears as if I have been rubbing or scratching the back of my neck, but I assure you, I haven't.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDon

I had quite alot of experiances through my life...
Felt and seen spirits...predicted things...
One thing that is strange though is something both my daughter and I have also experianced around the same age...In my teens I used to catch out of the corner of my eye what can only be described as a black fluffy thing moving quickly away! as the years have gone on I had put it to the back of my mind until last year my daughter,who had been experiancing a few things (another thread) said she kept seeing this black furry thing running under her bed! I was shocked to say the least as never discussed what I had seen as a teen with her! strange..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
have taken some pics...but they have not come out very well

The first one is my daughter...the second is me...

[img=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5285/005rd.th.jpg]

[img=http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3434/010ka.th.jpg]

Not sure if you can make out the mark at all

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here are some pictures of the 'storkbite'. FWIW, my son and I both still have ours. He's almost 18 and I'm 36.

Edit: Seems I can't figure out how to post a link. Google "storkbite pictues" and click the link of images.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blackjack Baby]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Looks like the mystery solved...we both been bitten by storks..

See this is what I like about ATS nearly always find an answer...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by special

it doesn't look like tinea capitis, but it could be seborrheic dermatitis or folliculitis but those are pruritic (itch, inflammed) and yours aren't.

also it is not typical for a capillary hemangioma, neveus flammeus...but storkbite hemangiomas can look like this , i agree!

in focus pictures? i know its hard to snap pictures of your neck, but i could show a better one to the wife, who is a eye plastic surgeon (im just a radiology physician). then again, she might bite my head off for bothering her.

[edit on 12/18/2009 by drphilxr]

[edit on 12/18/2009 by drphilxr]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ah thankyou drphilxr
will try and get some clearer pictures...

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's called Stork Bite, a very common birthmark, it appears on the back of your neck, and just below your hairline as a red blotch or square. I saw the pictures, that's what it is 100%.

You can get it removed with a laser treatment, ask your doctor.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Zsaqulz78th]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Not worried about it being removed
have long hair.... just wondered what it was..and yes your right have researched myself too and it looks like that deffinatly....
just strange me and my daughter both have it in same place is it hereditary does anybody know

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how these things run? My youngest daughter and I have identical moles on our left shoulders. Precisely identical. I've noticed over the years that it acts as a sort of barometer for my state of physical health. Odd little thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join