It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry we ate your great-great grandpa: Island cannibals apologise for killing missionary 170 years a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Sorry we ate your great-great grandpa: Island cannibals apologise for killing missionary 170 years ago

www.dailymail.co.uk

In a jungle clearing on a small Pacific island, the descendants of a tribe of cannibals bow to a British pensioner and apologise for having his relative for dinner - literally.
The man they were apologising to was Charles Milner-Williams, 65, of Hampshire.
The meal they were apologising for was his great-great grandfather, the Reverend John Williams

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ml#ixzz0Z4v7VVNJ
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the islanders thought the act their ancestors commited brought upon them a curse. i wish they would have mentioned what it was. Does this mean God punished them maybe for killing his people? It doesnt seem like canibils like eating people as much as its just whats to be done to an enemy. i wonder if it grosses them out at all. i wonder how they went about arranging the meeting between these people. has anyone out there tried human flesh and if so what does it taste like.. and before anyone says it im pretty sure it doesnt taste like chicken

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Why should they have to apologize for actions of their ancestor's ??

People taste like Veal. I've read.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

i dont know ive seen some peeps that look like they would taste pretty gamey... they felt the need to apologize because cultures like theirs tend to have a deeper connection to the past.. they said they thought the action brought a curse on their people so they were punished as a people in their minds and should as a people atone

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
They probably have been under a very real curse. There is always a heavy price when you mess with God's anointed. There are lots of examples in the Bible and plenty more in the modern age.

What I wonder is if they have turned away from their pagan idolatry and accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and savior? That would break the curse.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalBreakfast

Oh, well, let bygones be bygones. Sorry about greatgreatgrandpa and your greatgreatgrandpa. We'll move on from here. You don't eat my folks, and I won't take advantage of your resources. Can't we all just get along?

link   
reply to post by digitalBreakfast

Oh, well, let bygones be bygones. Sorry about greatgreatgrandpa and your greatgreatgrandpa. We'll move on from here. You don't eat my folks, and I won't take advantage of your resources. Can't we all just get along?

link   
What can you say, it was their first taste of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
What can you say, it was their first taste of Christianity.

wow that joke hurt so good..

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dont know why exactly but I found this story hilarious! S&F!
Does anyone know what kind of resources these islanders have that might make them want to rehabilitate/promote their image worldwide? The only thing I've heard of Vanuatu in connection with is a particularly strong type of kava kava. Maybe its about tourism?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Ya i was thinking the same thing. Who set up the meeting between the tribe and the families. i doubt the tribe had to resources to track them down and fly them out. Im not even saying its ominous, but the story seems contrived. Tourism is really likely.. hard to get people to vacation at your cannibal island

new topics

top topics

join