Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Come over for drinks and a slide show! Zazzs Travel Album

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Welcome to my Travel album. I have travelled to about 80 or 90 countries (spose I should do a recount). When people ask what do I do, I answer simply
"I am a traveller"
The last year has been quiet.... bring on 2010! Planet Earth is my best Buddy

I needed to see, hear, feel, touch to know that the world is wonderful and round, not just hear and believe it. I can also tell you that people are the same the world over, don't care if they are Asian, African, South American etc, language is no barrier for me when "feeling" someones personality and heart. People are all either angry, happy go lucky, emotional, manipulative, friendly as all hell ( esp asia middle east, africa) comforting, hillarious and so on....I meet someone I know back home everywhere I go.
Please feel free to add you fav photos from vacations and travel here
I will add more as they come out of storage and scanned.

I'll just post some Middle East today, Croatia and start with the lovely Phi Phi Island Thailand. Its where Leonardo Di Caprio filmed the movie The beach, simply paradise....

Lovely beach in Tel Aviv, wild city totally party place, they pray in Jerusalem and Play in Tel Aviv!

Staying at the Four season hotel in Cairo this was my view of the pyramids (dont worry I have done it the hard way also, backpacked and literally slept on peoples floors) The haze had to burn off, and they only started to appear at 1:00 each day. Cairo is the most populus city in all of Africa. and one of my favourrite places on Earth

I was working for a brief time in Memphis (north of Cairo, not tennesse) and this chicky use to ride past daily on her donkey after gathering herbs for the family. Her brother below became my assistant and did many errands for me. I paid him 100 USD at the end of 3 weeks and his father would earn 3 USD a month. He was sooo bossy! I loved him, totally adorable, he was a little man with lots of responsibilty

The entrance to the the Muh hamud Ali mosque (i think!)

The Saladin Citadel, the Ottomans ruled pretty much everywhere for 400 years, and this citdel is beautiful and prominent on such a breathtaking skyline

Islamic art doesnt not portray the image of Allah, so as a result they have come up with the most beaitful images and designs, possibly my favoirite desgins in history. The tiles at the Topakaki Palace in Istanbul I wanted to steal and pop into my kitchen! This is a huge dome.

Masada is the site of Herods Palace bulit up on the cliff tops and thought to be impenatrable, until the Romans came along and simply built a massive F# off ramp that is still there today, extraordinary to see how they broke the siege. After the First Jewish-Roman War a siege of the fortress by troops of the Roman Empire led to the mass suicide of the Sicarii rebels, who preferred death to surrender. The legend was theat one person could escape and they drew lots for who would survive and die by writting names on pottery, this was thought o be myth until they found the very pottery shards at the site with names...so sad!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The sea of Galilee is so stunning another favourite of mine.
A boat they try to tell you belonged to the apostles. Though it does carbon date from JCs time.

and walking on water, hate to shatter the illusion, but we were able to walk out for nearly 500 meteres and it looked like we were walking on water lol!

The dead sea floating, Im am in there somewhere in a throng of Fat Old Russians, its quite oily also, and one of them was following us around and doing something abslutley vile. The dead seamen! eeeee yuk!

Mt of Beatitudes .."What did he say?, I think he said blessed are the Cheesemakers!" "Shut up Big nose!" Monty Python

[edit on 7-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Excellent Photos

thanks for sharing

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The Saladin Citadel is gorgeous, as is the picture of Herods palace

I've only ever been out of england once, and that was to ibiza and I can barely remember it.

Would love to see a little more of the world, especially canada, I would just love to go to canada

Canada,italy,america,japan would be my first choices if I decided to go travelling.

You're very lucky zazz

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Csesaria on the Mediterranean, Oh look a minaret, don't tell the Swiss or SKyfloating! lol!

crossing the border into Palestine

Apartment in Dubrovnik on the Adriaitc, dats my _.....eeeeeeeeeee

don't laugh, but I like old medieval and renassiance clocks

ahh Europe, so stunning!

Diocletians Palace Split, they actually built in and live in the palace walls to this day, it is the most stuning town, clever poppets!

The first national Park ever slated Plitvice for conservation in the early 19th century!

'
Dads house overgrowing and collapsing, no one left in that village.

OKay thats enough slide show torture for one day, last one
GATOU789 spotted a UFO! Northern Israel.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Thanks, Im not really a good photographer, so Im kinda embarrsed sharing them, but they make me happy to remember

More slide show torture later, thats all for now

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I made it happen, had nothing to do with luck

I'll tell you a secret, you can do as you please in this life, only thing binding you is you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Simply stunning pictures zazz. I am envious of all the beautiful places you have traveled, but also happy for you that you have got to see them. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful images with us.
Flagged....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Great pics Zazz... that dome was amazing and Herods palace... well all of it was great..

@ don't tell skyfloating

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wonderful views, Zazz, and as always I appreciate your humor in your commentary! Thanks for sharing them with us.

May we have more 'torture' now, please?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Great pictures!!!!

Thx for posting.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Very, very nice. To travel and see the world in which we live is very special indeed. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing these with us!

I've never been much of a 'picture taker' and seriously have maybe 10 photos of myself in as many years. I used to be a flight attendant and traveled to countless countries and places. Today I beat myself up for it for not taking photos. Nothing changes, though. I never learned my lesson and still rarely take pictures of anything. lol

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
The dead sea floating, Im am in there somewhere in a throng of Fat Old Russians, its quite oily also, and one of them was following us around and doing something abslutley vile. The dead seamen! eeeee yuk!

You know I actually really wanted to go here - Who do I blame? You or the pesky vile Russian?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
OK finding more pics.

prepare for more slide show torture.

Ptrettiest place is oz, we have the best beaches and sunsets, maybe I am biased

sailing on the whitsundays (great Barrier reef...Nemo)

next day crappy weather, but we got dolphins

[edit on 19-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Canuck Canuck Canuck

Canada.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bali, Indonesia Rice Paddies and a Temple on the sea.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Canuck Canuck Canuck

Canada.

Lovely is that one

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Top South Vietnamese beach below it is Thalaind then, Ha Long Bay in Nth of Vietnam.
Last is Angkor Wat Cambodia, OK IM gettng lazy with my scanning.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
[edit on 19-2-2010 by zazzafrazz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join