It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Valley Calif. The Wind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm in the high desert 50 mile est. of L.A. The brunt of the storm is just beginning

to pass through and it is starting out with the strongest coldest winds out of the

ten yrs I have lived here. I just had to rescue a trash can from blowing out into the

street and causing an accident. Pulling it into the garage was a fight that left me

breathing hard and red faced, from the freezing wind. They were saying this storm

wasn't going to be anything nice. So far I think they may be right. The wind feels

like it's blowing over ice before it gets here. I know it is gusting up to 60 mph.

This is just the beginning? Yikes! Anybody east of us here, heads up!

A big heads up to truckers.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well that storm moved through quick.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4fe48447ac81.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Thank you for posting that. I think that is todays storm the one I'm speaking of might be that in the upper left corner ? They said land fall
around 11pm.

Skys are clear but the wind is kicking .

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Apple Valley eh? I had a friend from up that way. Every time I went to South Lake Tahoe I had to stop there for the apple cider--great stuff. I think you might be mistaken about the storm being the worst in 10 years. If you remember not 3 or 4 years back the snow storm that put like 15 feet of snow in a few days? Maybe you just were inside or it wasn't that bad in Apple Valley. I can't imagine it could be worse than that storm from a few years back.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I was living in Fresno up until last September, not this one. I remember the storm you are talking about, we had gone to LA for something, started back up the grapevine, of course it was closed, had to go back and do the coastline route. What a long trip. From 3 hours to 20, damn that trip back bit.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Apple Valley eh? I had a friend from up that way. Every time I went to South Lake Tahoe I had to stop there for the apple cider--great stuff. I think you might be mistaken about the storm being the worst in 10 years. If you remember not 3 or 4 years back the snow storm that put like 15 feet of snow in a few days? Maybe you just were inside or it wasn't that bad in Apple Valley. I can't imagine it could be worse than that storm from a few years back

No just last Christmas thru Jan. we had the most snowfall in my 10 yrs.
But I do remember the yr you speak of, but that wasn't as bad as last year. The whole desert last year 2 to 3 ft.
Right now it's the wind and currently it's backing off now so.

Right the 15ft. was north of us and a few yrs back.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm just down the hill from Apple Valley & those winds were just insane earlier tonight.
Haven't seen anything like that since I lived in the mid-west. More later this week it looks like.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

So it has died down there too. I wonder how the 15 looks.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Man o man the wind is back with avengence. I haven't seen anything like this. crazy.

So far 3 solid hrs of ripping wind. Any body else from my area.
I won't even go get my darn trash can right now. Screw it.
I'm not going out there. The lights just flickered .
Ahh hope we don't lose power.

new topics

top topics

join