It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by lestweforget
When only 10% or less of skeletal remains for each individual large dinosaur have actually been unearthed, one has to seriously question whos wild imagination fabricated the remaining 90% of these curious and highly speculative creatures.
Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Memoe
Yup ,,,long way from the 6 inch nostrels,,,,unless its lungs where in its ears maybe,.. yupp,, 6" round duct at least for that distances. Now the formula for 6" round C.F.M over a distance of X, would need a motor capable of X C.F.M, so too move x amount of cubic feet of air,,, oh wait too late its dead,,, lol
loledit on 5-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)edit on 5-7-2011 by BobAthome because:.
Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
The idea is rejected because it has no supporting evidence whatsoever and totally fails to explain anything! Least of all because it relies on the bizarre notion that everything started with Pangea!
How does it explain ancient mountain building? How does it explain the presence of ancient oceans? How does it explain why the vast majority of species in the past were the same size as the vast majority of species today?
In any case, a smaller Earth would have the same mass - unless you've thought of a way of creating matter out of, literally, nothing. So gravity would have been the same.
Ads for the size of dinosaurs, easiest way to allow for that is to increase the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere - which, oddly enough, geological evidence shows was the case.
In amphibians, oxygen can pass right through their moist skin and into blood that is waiting in blood vessels just below the skin. The skin must be moist for this process to work...this through-the-skin breathing is called cutaneous respiration
Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Pangea was just the originalcrustof the earth.
Originally posted by SevenThunders
This is an intriguing thread that raises some interesting questions.
The first thought that came to my head was the peculiar result that the apparent measured speed of light has been decaying in recorded human history.
What if the gravitational constant has been likewise increasing? For example if the total energy is conserved but the velocity of light is decaying then
E = m c^2 implies that m = E / c^2 and thus m is getting bigger ! G may also increase for similar reasons.