It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58 Signs you've been abducted by aliens.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
reply to post by misswanderer31

i know fear. everyone knows fear. but to expect everyone to think your special or that your case of night terrors is an abduction well then your wrong.

night terrors is a sleeping disorder that alot of small children have, although it has been reported in older people.

basically your body wakes up but your mind isn't. so you are aware of your body but your mind is still in dream world causing you to hallucinate.

it shares many symptoms with sleep paralysis.

you had a nightmare, not visitors. prove me wrong.

I'm sorry but where In my post did I say I was special?
Don't put words into my mouth.

I don't have to prove anything. I was simply sharing and contributing to this post as the OP stipulated in the first couple of postings. I don't see you trying to contribute anything at all.

I'm off to sleep! Goodnight!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

im doing the best kind of contributing. the kind that provides a view from the other side. and doesnt just nod their head and agree with everything.

link   

i know fear. everyone knows fear. but to expect everyone to think your special or that your case of night terrors is an abduction well then your wrong.

night terrors is a sleeping disorder that alot of small children have, although it has been reported in older people.

basically your body wakes up but your mind isn't. so you are aware of your body but your mind is still in dream world causing you to hallucinate.

it shares many symptoms with sleep paralysis.

you had a nightmare, not visitors. prove me wrong.

Dude, what's up with you? Calm down. Who are you to say she didn't experience this? Prove her wrong, and not by giving some explanation to an event you didn't experience yourself.

link   
Well here are 21 of the questions that would most likely be positive to the vast majority of us....

So I guess if you wanted to be an abductee then you could easily be one…kind of like going to a palm reader and only hearing what you want to hear.

1) Have had unexplainable missing or lost time of one hour or more.
10) Have a cosmic awareness, an interest in ecology, environment, vegetarianism, or are very socially conscious.
13) Have had unexplainable events occur in your life, and felt strangely anxious afterwards.
18) Have awoken in the middle of the night startled.
19) Have strong reaction to cover of Communion or pictures of aliens. Either an aversion to or being drawn to.
20) Have inexplicably strong fears or phobias. (i.e. heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security or being alone).
21) Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.
26) Have an interest in the subject of UFO sightings or aliens, perhaps compelled to read about it a lot.
29) Have the feeling of being watched much of the time, especially at night.
30) Have had dreams of passing through a closed window or solid wall.
31) Have seen a strange fog or haze that should not be there.
32) Have heard strange humming or pulsing sounds, and you could not identify the source.
35) Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of the body.
36) Have had chronic sinusitis or nasal problems.
39) Have had frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear.
40) Have an unusual fear of doctors or tend to avoid medical treatment.
41) Have insomnia or sleep disorders which are puzzling to you.
46) Have been prone to compulsive or addictive behavior.
49) Have been afraid of your closet, now or as a child.
50) Have had sexual or relationship problems (such as an odd "feeling" that you must not become involved in a relationship because it would interfere with "something.")
53) Have a difficult time trusting other people, especially authority figures.
[edit on 8-12-2009 by The_Truth818]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
P.S. I never said anywhere that I was abducted. Just replying to one of the numbers on the list regarding paralysis and beings in my room.

I think in order to be an abductee you would need to be taken

P.S.S. I don't have proof, just my experience. I don't video tape myself whilst sleeping

GN!

[edit on 8-12-2009 by misswanderer31]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

as a child i did have night terrors. they are so vivid i remember them over a decade later.

i know how real it feels. one of my night terrors had me believing that a dog or wolf was attempting to eat my face and i couldn't move myself to do anything about it.

if i saw something else such as a alien figure i would have easily believed it was visitors.

the difference is i did research and instead of writing it off as paranormal, i made an attempt to educate myself about this phenomenon and realize its psychological not paranormal in nature.

and sir you have yet to see me act not calm.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think its important to say that "sleep paralysis" and the associated "night terrors" are not sleep. It is associated with sleep, and happens near time of sleep, and involves a aspects of dreaming, but the distinguishing quality is that the subject feels awake, and is aware or partially aware of their surroundings. It is known to sometimes follow REM sleep, but I imagine that it could also occur before the onset of REM sleep, or that you could have fallen asleep and reawakened without noticing.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

P.S.S.S.

You could possibly be right on that account. Perhaps I did experience some kind of Hallucination whilst partial awake. It is a possibility. Thank you for your input. Unlike some people who just attack people... you have provided other sources/options that could explain my experience.

Thanks again... and I'm really going to sleep now

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
A lot of those in the list I believe cannot be attributed to alien abduction. I had an experience several years ago when I was 17. And it happened while I was awake, and I remembered everything. It was a good experience.

I have always wanted to share it to somebody, but other people tend to resort on ridiculing the person who experienced it, they even think these people are just crazy. Their info is second hand, and yet they believe they know exactly what happened. If there is anybody who can probably come up with an explanation, it will be those people who experienced it first hand.

Other people can come up with assumptions as to what really is happening to those people, but they will still just be an assumption. Bottom line is, if you never experienced it, don't laugh at people and act like you know for sure what is happening to them, because still you only have second hand info.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

as a child i did have night terrors. they are so vivid i remember them over a decade later.

i know how real it feels. one of my night terrors had me believing that a dog or wolf was attempting to eat my face and i couldn't move myself to do anything about it.

if i saw something else such as a alien figure i would have easily believed it was visitors.

the difference is i did research and instead of writing it off as paranormal, i made an attempt to educate myself about this phenomenon and realize its psychological not paranormal in nature.

and sir you have yet to see me act not calm.

Were they night terrors or a recurring dream? One of my sons at like the age of 2 would have night terrors and it would freak me out. I would walk into his room and he would be standing up in his crib looking at a corner of the room screaming. I would pick him up and he would fight to get away until I finally got him fully awake and he would then seem to not remember any of it after he calmed down. I always thought, what does a two year old know what to fear?

I would have a recurring nightmare over many decades where I could fly and then everyone would either be able to fly or would turn into werewolves. I would then be stuck inside a building with werewolves in it reaching for me as I flew around trying to get out into the open air. Nasty dream, but not a night terror…

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

It's the way you respond to comments. You may have experienced night terrors, but that doesn't automatically mean that every disturbing event that happens to people at night are night terrors. You didn't experience that specific event so you can't say that was what it was. I don't care how educated on the matter you are. That just means you have a biased opinion. Your experiences alone can't speak for the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

In my opinion, even personal experience is really only second-hand information in these situations, because our perceptions are limited by our ability to interpret sensory information and associate with things that are familiar to us.

What did you experience, anyhow?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boniknik

Well if you don't mind me asking, could you share this experience with us?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

werent recurring usually happened when i was either very sick or sleep deprived. the last one i can fully remember was one when i had the flu at age 13.

i was lying in bed and someone was stealing my tv. it wasnt the theft that was scary just the fact that i couldnt move and do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

until i see conclusive proof of that i will stick to the facts.

when you can prove without a doubt there are real abductions you are just making claims.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Just because it isn't fact yet by your standards doesn't mean it isn't fact. Humans are far from knowing everything that occurs on this world and off it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

not my standards. standards set by the entire scientific community.

o and logical thinking. thats where my standards come from.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

At one point the entire scientific community thought Einstein's theory of relativity was wrong. The entire scientific community at one time also agreed the world was flat. They believed the earth was the center of the universe and the sun orbited us. The scientific community agrees on a lot of things until someone comes along and proves them wrong. Then they all agree with him. Science is changing everyday. That's what makes it great.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

so for today i am right.

and you are wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Truth818
Just because it isn't fact yet by your standards doesn't mean it isn't fact. Humans are far from knowing everything that occurs on this world and off it.

Very true, but doesn't it seem strange that we can only perceive aliens when we get abducted? Those little suckers can hide in plain sight all day, but need to flash lights and allow us to wake up and see them from our sleep. I for one want to take little steps first and prove that alien even exists then go on to something bigger like abductions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join