It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

58 Signs you've been abducted by aliens.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I find the timing of this post kind of of surreal, however thank you for posting as it relates to a nightmare I had last night.

The funny thing is for the first time in about 12 years I had a nightmare that I awoke from screaming last night! It is one of the most vivid dreams that I ever have had. It involved some kind of disaster happening( think they were giant twisters ripping apart a giant metropoliton city) that I was watching from what seemed to be my high-rise apartment. The sky was churning with these really dark black clouds and flying debris.

What happened next were these large rectangular spaceships, I would say 10 storeys tall, and a city block wide began to land. On each end of them they was this large lite honeycomb pattern, I can still see the colours that ranged from a blue to purple to bright white.

What I remember next is being out on the street and talking to a few people about what was happening, They all seemed to have injuries on their faces. I don't ever remember seeing these faces in my waking life ever, But they are still so vivid, I wish I could draw as I could reproduce them.

From what I remember next was the black swarm of debris traveling so fast towards me and the people I was talking with. That is the point that I awoke sitting up and screaming.

I got up out of bed went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and then back to bed, I had my eyes closed for a few minutes when again I got startled, when I open my eyes there seemed to be this bright point of light traveling across my bedroom, I thought nothing of this and again tried to fall back a sleep was just about back to sleep when my PC in my bedroom rebooted its self. Scared the hell out of me! Again, thought weird and no to much about it, again closed my eyes to try and sleep when the security panel in my condo started powering it self on and off (I have never seen it do this before and why would it at 4:30 in the morning. I got up at this point could not sleep any more.

I have not been able to shake the feeling that this dream gave me all day, as soon as a read this post I thought maybe sharing the experience would get the bad feeling I am having out of system. Thanks for listening (kind of weird for my first time on the board I know) I hope my next post is not so Gloom and Doom!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by deanorw

Answers

1: Dozing Off
2: Narcolepsy
3: Sleep related injuries, scratching etc.
4: car headlighs reflecting through windows.
5: Yes they are dreams.
6: Reliving Dreams.
7: Cars again
8: Just Dreams by people with vivid imaginations.
9 - 49: Same stuff
50: LOL...yeah it is called being a male.
51-58: same old stuff again.

You know every sign you mentioned can easily be explained away by natural phenomenon, imagination and medical conditions (Paranoia, Acute anxiety, sleep deprivation etc)

And are you absolutely certain that those answers of yours account for every single reported abduction account? Yea, a lot of the stuff in this list probably shouldn't be in there, but a lot of it is consistent with reported abductions, which are very real (whether alien or not) to the 10-15 % that have not been explained away by any of the answers you or others propose.

Why do some insist on the most unreasonable answers instead of the answers right in front of them?

Who is insisting on the most unreasonable answers? I haven't seen anyone on this thread "insist" that alien abductions are beyond a doubt real. I have seen a few people seem to insist that they are not real however, when there is no conclusive evidence that all are explainable by mundane means.

I am actually a little shocked at the defensiveness and aggression some have shown towards either this list or the subject of alien abduction (not sure which one is causing it, probably both). While alien abduction certainly is a more speculative side of ufology it certainly can not be discounted without further research, scoffing at it will accomplish nothing. Of course it is also somewhat frightening to believe, because if true shows that we have no more control over our lives than the animals we take for research purposes. All I am saying is that it is very ambiguous and illogical (at the least) to totally discount something because of how extraordinary it sounds, or even if there hasn't been any conclusive evidence as of yet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

I'm glad we each understand each other and again thank you for posting the list - I hope some people find value in it. A further thanks for being so responsive to my comments. I am sure we each know how much of a minefield it is trying to share our thoughts on ATS and I appreciate the time you have given to mine.

We are each here because we know there is more to learn from reality and ATS in an excellent resource for sharing what we find in our travels - warts and all!

It would be the utmost compliment if you could include my suggestions of signs 59 + 60 in the original post but perfectly understandable if you choose not to.

The truth is out there and I'm sure if we had more scholars like yourself we would find it sooner.

Again best wishes and I hope this finds you well.

-m0r

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
God I hate abductees. They are the only people allowed on this site that can spew delusions after delusion and offer no proof. There is no such thing...people need to understand this. There are more questions than answers for this and also too many excuses to fill holes in thier stories. I wish they would just stay out of UFOlogy, and also the hardcore believers who are willing to believe anything. They make this subject a laughing stock. They ruin it for those of us..who want real answers and not fairy tales.

When you get some legit evidence...then maybe it can be taken seriously...and no...alien implants that look remarkably like glass, rocks and other mundane objects does not count, nor do wounds that appear in areas you would recieve if you had fallen...same goes for so-called implants...always in areas you would expect them to be if you had taken a fall. Also how can a alien species so advanced as to open a person up..ie...open thier backs, and other areas....and leave no scar...but always leave a mark when on the legs...
. There are so much more questions.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

How do you know there is no such thing? You mean to tell me the thousands upon thousands of reports of people being abducted is completely false? All of it? Just because this part of ufology hasn't been fully explained yet doesn't mean it's not happening. If these beings are so advanced that they can travel from star to star and possibly galaxy to galaxy, then why is it not possible for them to pick up people, examine them, then put them back during their travels? You have to understand, many of them probably don't even see us as competent. It's most likely easier for them to find out about us by studying us on their own rather than ask us. It also probably more accurate. We could lie to them, get agitated, complain, etc. Why go through all that when they can just keep us sedated, study us, most likely tag us, and go on their merry way.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have 3/4 of these traits, and I can say most could easily imply things other than abduction.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
There are no alien races still actively abducting human beings. Under certain circumstances exceptions are made, but it is extremely rare.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by deanorw

Answers

1: Dozing Off
2: Narcolepsy
3: Sleep related injuries, scratching etc.
4: car headlighs reflecting through windows.
5: Yes they are dreams.
6: Reliving Dreams.
7: Cars again
8: Just Dreams by people with vivid imaginations.
9 - 49: Same stuff
50: LOL...yeah it is called being a male.
51-58: same old stuff again.

You know every sign you mentioned can easily be explained away by natural phenomenon, imagination and medical conditions (Paranoia, Acute anxiety, sleep deprivation etc)

And are you absolutely certain that those answers of yours account for every single reported abduction account? Yea, a lot of the stuff in this list probably shouldn't be in there, but a lot of it is consistent with reported abductions, which are very real (whether alien or not) to the 10-15 % that have not been explained away by any of the answers you or others propose.

Why do some insist on the most unreasonable answers instead of the answers right in front of them?

Who is insisting on the most unreasonable answers? I haven't seen anyone on this thread "insist" that alien abductions are beyond a doubt real.

I have seen a few people seem to insist that they are not real however, when there is no conclusive evidence that all are explainable by mundane means.

I am actually a little shocked at the defensiveness and aggression some have shown towards either this list or the subject of alien abduction (not sure which one is causing it, probably both). While alien abduction certainly is a more speculative side of ufology it certainly can not be discounted without further research, scoffing at it will accomplish nothing. Of course it is also somewhat frightening to believe, because if true shows that we have no more control over our lives than the animals we take for research purposes. All I am saying is that it is very ambiguous and illogical (at the least) to totally discount something because of how extraordinary it sounds, or even if there hasn't been any conclusive evidence as of yet.

Actually, I disbelieve stories of alien abduction, not because they are extraordinary, but because they are not extraordinary enough. They seem too mundane to be accounts of encounter with something which is actually alien. Well, okay, this is not actually the primary reason I disbelieve the claims.... it has really to do with the lack of evidence. Where are the photographs or videos of someone being abducted? I also know, from first hand experience, what it is like to be highly fantasy prone, so I can easily believe that the stories are the product of imagination.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Tearman]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
this thread contains so much fail that it is literally causing members to spontaneously combust.

quick call me ignorant. and tell me im a dis info agent.

you have quite literally taken a bunch of random traits and are saying that they are caused by an alien abduction.

now how about you give me an example of a proven alien abduction.

i can make a list too. but until the list proven then its all #.

3 traits that you might be an atlantian.

1. you enjoy swimming
2. you find yourself enjoying water when you are drinking
3. you drink water wore then once a day.

HOLY CRAP im an atlantian.

screw this abduction crap. im an Atlantian according to a list i made up.

if you dont believe me your ignorant.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Somnio

Really????

And how do you know that?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
2) Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.

Yes this happened to me a few years ago when I was in my late teens early twenties... I can't remember the exact dates.

I've only ever had this one experience. Something woke me up and I couldn't move. I saw 2 figures standing near me. One at the foot of the bed on the right side and the second one stood near my chest.

They were short beings. The average hight of a 4 or 5 year old and they were dressed in black, cloak like robe/clothing and they wore these weird black hats which covered their faces.

As you can imagine seeing something like that freaked me out and I tried to move my right arm but I couldn't. I tried with all my strength but it was like someone was holding my body down with force. I tried to open my mouth to scream for my mother but all that came out was a whispered and very hoarse cry and I gave up. I was absolutely terrified at this point. The funny thing was I did'nt feel like they wanted to by my friend. Actually I felt hate emanating from them.

This lasted only a couple minutes before they just vanished and I was able to move my body again.

I was quite traumatised after this experience that I slept with the light on for about a week after that.

I can still remember it quite vividly. Very few people know I've had this experience. I don't like to talk about it as it still brings back feelings of fear and foreboding. Anonymity! It's one of the things I love about ATS.

MW31

P.S. I've never seen lights or walked through walls etc but there's a few more I can tick on that list.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sleep paralysis appears to be the culprit. Try chewing valerian root, and getting more exercise.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

I have had a VERY similar experience as a child. It scared me so bad I cried myself to sleep. It was only one being or creature and it pinned me to my bed. I remember it breathing on me. I was about 5 or 6 at the time, maybe younger. I didn't even get up to go to my parents bedroom because I was afraid it would get me. I still don't know what that was.......

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Somnio

I was awake the whole time. I saw them when I was awake. I don't think sleep played a part in this at all. And yes I have researched a little on Sleep Paralysis.

Then how do you explain the 2 figures in my bedroom? My bedroom was near the footpath and the street lamps shone threw my bedroom windows so it was quite light.

And no I did not partake of any hallucinogenic drug or potion. Or perhaps I was just dellusional. I guess thats from another point of view. But I still remember the fear I felt and you can't make that up.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

With sleep paralysis, I find its not so much the nature of the 'perceptions' which accompany it that produce the fear, but that a deep feeling of dread seems to just creep up on me from nowhere. I had an episode about a year ago in which I was able to force myself repeatedly to enter a state of wakeful paralysis (sleep paralysis). Each time, as I was entering the state, I would try to remember not to be overcome by fear, but within a moment, I was again overcome. It seemed be some kind of a reflex response to being in a waking paralytic state, because it wasn't the strange things I was feeling, hearing, and seeing in this state that frightened me (people/creatures standing around me, disembodied voices, potted plants getting up and dancing around on their own), it was a nameless, totally gripping dread all of its own. This happened about 20 or so times in succession, perhaps over a time span of 15-20 minutes.

By the way, to clarify, sleep paralysis is a wakeful state (at least mostly so), and it is often accompanied by hallucinations.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Tearman]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by misswanderer31
reply to post by Somnio

But I still remember the fear I felt and you can't make that up.

yes you can.

holy # im afraid.

check and mate.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

How interesting. These 2 didn't have to touch me at all. They just stood their silently watching me whilst I was freaking out
I'm sure they were having a good laugh!

It felt like they were controlling me with their minds. I couldn't even think clearly. So weird!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

LOL

unless you have experienced something like this you will never understand. So don't make fun of people's experiences and fear is very real. And I did not make this up.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

i know fear. everyone knows fear. but to expect everyone to think your special or that your case of night terrors is an abduction well then your wrong.

night terrors is a sleeping disorder that alot of small children have, although it has been reported in older people.

basically your body wakes up but your mind isn't. so you are aware of your body but your mind is still in dream world causing you to hallucinate.

it shares many symptoms with sleep paralysis.

you had a nightmare, not visitors. prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Yeah, and I hadn't fallen asleep either. I was awake prior to the event. I used to get into trouble for not going to sleep on time and my father used to check up on me to see if I had. I heard footsteps coming towards my door so I pretended to be asleep. It came into my room and walked up next to my bed. I could feel it breathing very close to my face and after awhile I couldn't help but laugh, but when I opened my eyes, well. Let's just say it wasn't my father. I remember the red eyes. Creepy stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join